Officer Tatum's take on the football players boycotting.

Welcome Chris Klieman to K-State!
Kralicek
Been thanked: 0

Re: Officer Tatum's take on the football players boycotting.

Post by Kralicek » July 14th, 2020, 11:26 am

This video hit the nail on the head for me, and as much as I love KSU and the football team, this ultimatum crap is a big turn-off for me. I am finished with the NFL. Is college football next?

NealyFan

Post by NealyFan » July 14th, 2020, 11:34 am

Kralicek wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 11:26 am
This video hit the nail on the head for me, and as much as I love KSU and the football team, this ultimatum crap is a big turn-off for me. I am finished with the NFL. Is college football next?
When baseball was integrated, people said the same thing. Why do uppity minorities have to ruin a good thing? People were pissed that Hank Aaron passed Babe Ruth. He received death threats.

If seeing black men kneel or players speaking out against white supremacy triggers you, you should probably find another source of entertainment. Maybe corn hole or professional bowling would be more your speed.
“It’s a tremendous challenge. The opportunity exists here today... for the greatest turnaround in college football history. And it’s not one to be taken lightly.” —- Bill Snyder

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » July 14th, 2020, 12:27 pm

NealyFan wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 11:34 am
Kralicek wrote:
When baseball was integrated, people said the same thing. Why do uppity minorities have to ruin a good thing? People were pissed that Hank Aaron passed Babe Ruth. He received death threats.

If seeing black men kneel or players speaking out against white supremacy triggers you, you should probably find another source of entertainment. Maybe corn hole or professional bowling would be more your speed.
With all due respect, you are comparing apples and oranges. Jackie Robinson and Hank Aaron didn't (to my knowledge) refuse to stand for the National Anthem because they thought it represented a country that was racist and oppressed black people. Of course, keep in mind that when Kaepernick and other "oppressed" millionaire football players were taking the knee, we had a Black president, a Black U.S. Attorney General, Black mayors of large cities, Black DA's, Black police chiefs, etc.

Those two never (to my knowledge) gave public support to a Marxist organization that was openly anti-American, anti-Western, anti-police, anti-family, and pro-LGBT, pro-abortion rights, and whose members made openly racist comments about white people.

By the way, you STILL have not told me what, in particular, you disagreed with in the Officer Tatum video. What did he say that you don't agree with?
Last edited by stlcatfan on July 14th, 2020, 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kralicek
Been thanked: 0

Post by Kralicek » July 14th, 2020, 12:33 pm

NealyFan wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 11:34 am
Kralicek wrote:

What exactly are we comparing to integration of baseball, free speech, that the football players want to stop? I think I found another source of entertainment, your posts :clap:

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » July 14th, 2020, 2:37 pm

Nealy's steel-trap mind sprung when it wasn't thinking. ;)

MGPcat

Post by MGPcat » July 14th, 2020, 2:44 pm

1. Officer Tatum did not get out of bed out of anger with the Black athletes at K-State, he got out of bed to get paid by Noble Gold (and it was 1:00, not :30- a significant portion of a 7:00 video).
2. Officer Tatum is using his platform as an athletic, young, Black police officer (a job which he quit in order to do so) to make a political statement (and, now make a career out of it). In doing so, he is making the case that other young Black athletes are soft for risking their careers by using the platforms they have earned to take political stands. While one could make the case that Officer Tatum was being soft (not what I would say, but this is using his words) by using his platform to step into a much more lucrative career by talking identity politics, for these college athletes to risk their careers to make a statement and try to effectuate change would actually be the opposite of "soft".
3. I think that at this point it has been well documented that it was about much more than one tweet.

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » July 14th, 2020, 2:59 pm

MGPcat wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 2:44 pm
1. Officer Tatum did not get out of bed out of anger with the Black athletes at K-State, he got out of bed to get paid by Noble Gold (and it was 1:00, not :30- a significant portion of a 7:00 video).
2. Officer Tatum is using his platform as an athletic, young, Black police officer (a job which he quit in order to do so) to make a political statement (and, now make a career out of it). In doing so, he is making the case that other young Black athletes are soft for risking their careers by using the platforms they have earned to take political stands. While one could make the case that Officer Tatum was being soft (not what I would say, but this is using his words) by using his platform to step into a much more lucrative career by talking identity politics, for these college athletes to risk their careers to make a statement and try to effectuate change would actually be the opposite of "soft".
3. I think that at this point it has been well documented that it was about much more than one tweet.
Heaven forbid a black man doesn’t tow the BLM line.

Who you, MGP?

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » July 14th, 2020, 3:12 pm

MGPcat wrote:
if that's true, it certainly wasn't framed that way, i.e. being about more than one tweet. the reality is the right-wing-nut youngster used his little space to create havoc for all k-state and the athletes followed like sheep to the slaughterhouse. and if tatum was talking 'identity politics' isn't that in fact what this is all about, blm?
Censorship is to free speech as lynching is to justice.

MGPcat

Post by MGPcat » July 14th, 2020, 4:33 pm

PurpleOnWhite wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 2:59 pm
MGPcat wrote:

Who you, MGP?
Did I say he couldn’t? Nope, don’t believe I did!

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » July 15th, 2020, 9:36 am

MGPcat wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 4:33 pm
PurpleOnWhite wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 2:59 pm

Who you, MGP?
Did I say he couldn’t? Nope, don’t believe I did!
Oh! Really? When you find every way possible to diminish and marginalize the man and his message, I would say my description was spot on. Who you, MGP?