I'm done

Welcome Chris Klieman to K-State!
ksuee

Re: I'm done

Post by ksuee » June 30th, 2020, 10:55 am

I too am losing interest, maybe I've lost interest.
On the one hand it makes perfect sense for players to take a stand to make a point - "enough already!"
But, I don't know, it just seems to be snowballing; more and more people are taking their frustrations out on the playing field and, to me, ruining the whole spectacle of sport. I think that if I do watch any games this year on TV it'll be through jaded eyes.

RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » July 1st, 2020, 8:17 pm

Kat, not sure how "worldly and aware" kids are today.

I am under the impression a goodly number, no not all, of them are spoiled and easily led around by their collective noses. Social media is their source for worldly information.

Very few are challenged by any sort of hardship except when their $1000 Iphone loses it's charge.
"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke

n2catnip

Post by n2catnip » July 1st, 2020, 9:02 pm

I'm no longer going to any home football games. Not going to listen to a political agenda to promote a Marxist organization, nor am I going to spend my $$$ supporting BLM.

mustang

Post by mustang » July 1st, 2020, 9:29 pm

n2catnip wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 9:02 pm
I'm no longer going to any home football games. Not going to listen to a political agenda to promote a Marxist organization, nor am I going to spend my $$$ supporting BLM.
:lol: :lol:
Marxist agenda? School is run by a military man.
Hilarious

n2catnip

Post by n2catnip » July 1st, 2020, 9:35 pm

mustang wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 9:29 pm
n2catnip wrote:
Hilarious
Are you really that obtuse? BLM is a Marxist organization, which the "military man" said they're going to promote at home FB games.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » July 1st, 2020, 9:35 pm

mustang wrote:
n2catnip wrote:
Hilarious
He may be basing that on something I mentioned earlier today. I just copied and pasted the first part of my post from the FB Player Speaking Out thread.

So apparently, K-State athletics is now highlighting the fourth year of its Diversity and Inclusion plan. Most of the items in the plan are what most people would expect, but one item in general jumped out at me: "Utilize home games in all sports to support the Black Lives Matter movement."

Edit: Looks like me and n2catnip posted at the same time. I agree with him.

n2catnip

Post by n2catnip » July 1st, 2020, 9:40 pm

stlcatfan wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 9:35 pm
mustang wrote:

Hilarious
He may be basing that on something I mentioned earlier today. I just copied and pasted the first part of my post from the FB Player Speaking Out thread.

So apparently, K-State athletics is now highlighting the fourth year of its Diversity and Inclusion plan. Most of the items in the plan are what most people would expect, but one item in general jumped out at me: "Utilize home games in all sports to support the Black Lives Matter movement."

Yep. I don't have a problem with inclusivity and diversity. As a matter of fact and not that it matters, I'm a minority myself but an American first and foremost.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » July 1st, 2020, 9:45 pm

n2catnip wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 9:40 pm
stlcatfan wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 9:35 pm

Yep. I don't have a problem with inclusivity and diversity. As a matter of fact and not that it matters, I'm a minority myself but an American first and foremost.
And as I mentioned in the other thread, how does a group like BLM promote diversity and inclusion when they are so divisive? I don't know if our administration is just ignorant about the goals of this group or if they are just pandering.

n2catnip

Post by n2catnip » July 1st, 2020, 9:55 pm

stlcatfan wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 9:45 pm
n2catnip wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 9:40 pm

And as I mentioned in the other thread, how does a group like BLM promote diversity and inclusion when they are so divisive? I don't know if our administration is just ignorant about the goals of this group or if they are just pandering.
Neither option speaks well of them. Unfortunately.

Perhaps someone should send Coach K and General Myers the video of the recent shooting of the elderly woman at the BLM movement in Provo, UT. Or perhaps the video of the last breaths of David Dorn. Or the Dallas business owner that got the crap kicked out of him by the mob for defending his business. Or any number of other people who died during the recent riots and looting. How is can they even possibly justify and defend BLM?

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » July 1st, 2020, 10:06 pm

n2catnip wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 9:55 pm
stlcatfan wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 9:45 pm

Neither option speaks well of them. Unfortunately.

Perhaps someone should send Coach K and General Myers the video of the recent shooting of the elderly woman at the BLM movement in Provo, UT. Or perhaps the video of the last breaths of David Dorn. Or the Dallas business owner that got the crap kicked out of him by the mob for defending his business. Or any number of other people who died during the recent riots and looting. How is can they even possibly justify and defend BLM?
Or we could show them video of a BLM march where the "protesters" are chanting death threats to cops.