FB Players speaking out against KSU Student

Welcome Chris Klieman to K-State!
User avatar
WIldWIllieCat
Posts: 19388
Joined: September 7th, 2013, 7:30 am

Re: FB Players speaking out against KSU Student

Post by WIldWIllieCat » June 29th, 2020, 1:53 pm

yes
"The peculiar office of a demagogue is to advance his own interests, by affecting a deep devotion to the interests of the people. .”

tmcats
Posts: 8851
Joined: September 3rd, 2013, 1:09 pm

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » June 29th, 2020, 2:09 pm

where do they play?
"There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK

User avatar
WIldWIllieCat
Posts: 19388
Joined: September 7th, 2013, 7:30 am

Post by WIldWIllieCat » June 29th, 2020, 2:17 pm

a team is not a team only when it plays

your concern is really the season, not the team
"The peculiar office of a demagogue is to advance his own interests, by affecting a deep devotion to the interests of the people. .”

tmcats
Posts: 8851
Joined: September 3rd, 2013, 1:09 pm

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » June 29th, 2020, 2:21 pm

yes, my concern is a k-state team. not a bunch of whinny nancys who have taken their ball and gone home because their feelings were hurt by some internet troll. if/when that happens, there is no k-state team(s).
"There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK

User avatar
WIldWIllieCat
Posts: 19388
Joined: September 7th, 2013, 7:30 am

Post by WIldWIllieCat » June 29th, 2020, 2:44 pm

you can be angry over what your perceive to be an over reaction, but to claim that this player or that player has "turned on" their coaches and is "tearing the team apart" without any evidence to that end seems like an over reaction in and of itself

In my humble opinion your concern for "a team" and not the individuals that make up that team may, in fact, be proving the point the players are trying to make
"The peculiar office of a demagogue is to advance his own interests, by affecting a deep devotion to the interests of the people. .”

tmcats
Posts: 8851
Joined: September 3rd, 2013, 1:09 pm

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » June 29th, 2020, 2:55 pm

in my opinion, you are completely irrational. to suggest players leaving a team if their demands are not met is somehow not tearing that team apart and leaving their coaches high and dry is completely illogical. and i'm not mad. i'm beyond that to a state of apathy. i really don't care anymore. :|
"There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK

kstatefan1863
Posts: 38
Joined: June 28th, 2020, 1:41 pm

Post by kstatefan1863 » June 29th, 2020, 3:05 pm

tmcats wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 9:48 am
kstatefan1863 wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 12:29 am


I never said rap music. And I'm not sensitive, I just think you're very immature. I'm offended that fellow Wildcats resort to that kind of behavior when someone expresses views that differ from theirs. It's just sad, really.
1863, i appreciate your level approach in presenting a different argument. for some of us, the point is not white privilege (we lived in leawood for 20 years) or rap music (i have a black grandson), it's that some internet troll has caused this chaos. he doesn't represent my views, and i'm a conservative. i find his message and tone appalling.

what bothers me and others is the reaction. there are bad people in the world - far more of them than saints. we don't deal with them by shutting down the system but rather shutting them down.

how players can turn on chris lowery and brian anderson, chris klieman and bruce weber, because they are offended by a simpleminded troll is stupifying. tear the teams apart. tear the school apart. totally, disintegrate all that has been done by their fans because feelings are hurt over some azzhat ticking off rubbish on mom's pc?

it's absurd. and that's why many of us are so irritated with wyatt hubert, justin hughes, christina carr, and dajuan gordan. they're not showing leadership, they're cowering to a troll.
I completely understand that a lot of people have a similar view as you on this. I see it in a different light, as I'm sure you're aware. When you say that you see all these players quitting on their teams and and tearing the school apart, I see them unifying to fight racism. The coaches, including CK, BW and even Collin Klein have all stated that they're supporting their players. I'm happy to see all the articles coming out talking about the level of support the University and coaches are giving these kids, and helping them try to create change the right way. I'm sad that some of our fans see this as a weakness, and has impacted them negatively. I hope that in the end we find a solution that makes everyone happy, and that we can all celebrate our K-state teams playing ball again as soon as possible.

PurpleOnWhite
Posts: 986
Joined: September 8th, 2017, 10:36 am

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » June 29th, 2020, 3:24 pm

kstatefan1863 wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 3:05 pm
tmcats wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 9:48 am


1863, i appreciate your level approach in presenting a different argument. for some of us, the point is not white privilege (we lived in leawood for 20 years) or rap music (i have a black grandson), it's that some internet troll has caused this chaos. he doesn't represent my views, and i'm a conservative. i find his message and tone appalling.

what bothers me and others is the reaction. there are bad people in the world - far more of them than saints. we don't deal with them by shutting down the system but rather shutting them down.

how players can turn on chris lowery and brian anderson, chris klieman and bruce weber, because they are offended by a simpleminded troll is stupifying. tear the teams apart. tear the school apart. totally, disintegrate all that has been done by their fans because feelings are hurt over some azzhat ticking off rubbish on mom's pc?

it's absurd. and that's why many of us are so irritated with wyatt hubert, justin hughes, christina carr, and dajuan gordan. they're not showing leadership, they're cowering to a troll.
I completely understand that a lot of people have a similar view as you on this. I see it in a different light, as I'm sure you're aware. When you say that you see all these players quitting on their teams and and tearing the school apart, I see them unifying to fight racism. The coaches, including CK, BW and even Collin Klein have all stated that they're supporting their players. I'm happy to see all the articles coming out talking about the level of support the University and coaches are giving these kids, and helping them try to create change the right way. I'm sad that some of our fans see this as a weakness, and has impacted them negatively. I hope that in the end we find a solution that makes everyone happy, and that we can all celebrate our K-state teams playing ball again as soon as possible.
What do you expect BW and CK^2 to say? Where have they been until now? Pretty convenient to jump on the wagon when you have a $2 million salary at stake.

I’m sure there are changes that need to be made. But to this long time supporter, the threats to walk if various demands (Some unconstitutional) aren’t met crossed a line that will cause damage to the university. This is divisive even with your red lipstick.

kstatefan1863
Posts: 38
Joined: June 28th, 2020, 1:41 pm

Post by kstatefan1863 » June 29th, 2020, 3:42 pm

PurpleOnWhite wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 3:24 pm
kstatefan1863 wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 3:05 pm


I completely understand that a lot of people have a similar view as you on this. I see it in a different light, as I'm sure you're aware. When you say that you see all these players quitting on their teams and and tearing the school apart, I see them unifying to fight racism. The coaches, including CK, BW and even Collin Klein have all stated that they're supporting their players. I'm happy to see all the articles coming out talking about the level of support the University and coaches are giving these kids, and helping them try to create change the right way. I'm sad that some of our fans see this as a weakness, and has impacted them negatively. I hope that in the end we find a solution that makes everyone happy, and that we can all celebrate our K-state teams playing ball again as soon as possible.
What do you expect BW and CK^2 to say? Where have they been until now? Pretty convenient to jump on the wagon when you have a $2 million salary at stake.

I’m sure there are changes that need to be made. But to this long time supporter, the threats to walk if various demands (Some unconstitutional) aren’t met crossed a line that will cause damage to the university. This is divisive even with your red lipstick.
I think the support all of our coaches, as well as the administration, is genuine. I haven't seen anything that would make me think otherwise. These are all coaches that seem to love their athletes like they're family, so I'm sure they're tired of them being discriminated against. While at first some of the athletes were trying to get the kid kicked out for what he said, they walked that back after they met with the coaches, student groups, and administrators. So they're not trying to create anything that is unconstitutional. They are asking the University to look at their policy on discrimination and harassment, because that is grounds for being dismissed. I would like to think that everyone would be able to support that. In the end, I don't think this will damage the university. Everything I've seen in the steps that have been taken has made me proud of my alma mater. The only damage has been is from the kid that made that awful tweet about George Floyd, but I think most people realize he doesn't represent most K-Stater's values.

User avatar
WIldWIllieCat
Posts: 19388
Joined: September 7th, 2013, 7:30 am

Post by WIldWIllieCat » June 29th, 2020, 3:52 pm

Amen '63.

Amen.
"The peculiar office of a demagogue is to advance his own interests, by affecting a deep devotion to the interests of the people. .”

Post Reply