FB Players speaking out against KSU Student

For the most part, this board's a free for all. Don't say I didn't warn you...
Opensource

Re: FB Players speaking out against KSU Student

Post by Opensource » June 30th, 2020, 3:14 pm

stlcatfan wrote:
June 30th, 2020, 11:38 am
ToledoCat#3 wrote:
June 30th, 2020, 11:29 am
I do not feel responsible for the breakdown of the African American family. If the stats I hear are correct, 70% of black children born do not have a father figure to help raise them. If black parents don't make their children go to school every day, it's not the fault of whites.

As a young man in the 1960s, I worked one week with a youth program in the inner city of Oklahoma City. All the participants were black. All the adult leaders were white. It was in a community center and every day while white adults brought a camp program to black kids, I saw adult black men playing cards and pool across the hall. Not once did they lift a finger to assist or lead, nor to even offer up a "thank you." Specifics like that are not the fault of whites IMHO.
You made me think of a scene in a movie I saw from years ago (I think it was Spike Lee's, "Do the Right Thing"). The scene involved a Korean husband and wife who operated a fruit and vegetable stand in a predominately Black neighborhood. The couple's business was successful, but drew the ire of some older Black men watching them do business. One of them said something to the effect of, "It's a damn shame. We've been here 300 hundred years, yet they're three years off the boat and have a thriving business." I wanted to yell, "Hello!" at the screen. I was surprised that Spike put that scene in the movie, but it made a good point. We can complain. Or we can take responsibility for our own actions.
Well this is the typical response by white people who don't accept the reality of structural racism. You haven't asked the question "Why were all the adult leaders white?" You haven't looked at it from their perspective. You come in to their community for one week and you want them to thank you. Please. If you didn't show up they would thank you. And, if you were paid why did you get the money rather than local people? You haven't asked the question why black parents don't value education. Well, you haven't been turned down for a job because or your skin color regardless of education. Don't say there is equal opportunity. I mean it was only a few years ago where black athletes couldn't be QBs. And, now there are few black coaches.

kstatefan1863

Post by kstatefan1863 » June 30th, 2020, 3:29 pm

Opensource wrote:
June 30th, 2020, 3:14 pm
stlcatfan wrote:
June 30th, 2020, 11:38 am

You made me think of a scene in a movie I saw from years ago (I think it was Spike Lee's, "Do the Right Thing"). The scene involved a Korean husband and wife who operated a fruit and vegetable stand in a predominately Black neighborhood. The couple's business was successful, but drew the ire of some older Black men watching them do business. One of them said something to the effect of, "It's a damn shame. We've been here 300 hundred years, yet they're three years off the boat and have a thriving business." I wanted to yell, "Hello!" at the screen. I was surprised that Spike put that scene in the movie, but it made a good point. We can complain. Or we can take responsibility for our own actions.
Well this is the typical response by white people who don't accept the reality of structural racism. You haven't asked the question "Why were all the adult leaders white?" You haven't looked at it from their perspective. You come in to their community for one week and you want them to thank you. Please. If you didn't show up they would thank you. And, if you were paid why did you get the money rather than local people? You haven't asked the question why black parents don't value education. Well, you haven't been turned down for a job because or your skin color regardless of education. Don't say there is equal opportunity. I mean it was only a few years ago where black athletes couldn't be QBs. And, now there are few black coaches.
Good post, Opensource. In regards to the coaches, I'm selfishly happy that KC hasn't lost Eric Bieniemy. But I feel sorry for him, because I think he deserves a HC job. Reid has said he's ready, and I trust his judgment. The only thing I can think of is that maybe it's because Reid likes to call plays during the game. Maybe he'll decide to stick around KC until Reid retires, and takes over.

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » June 30th, 2020, 6:00 pm

Shari F. Crittendon has been appointed the chief legal officer of Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas. Crittendon began serving in her new role remotely Monday and will start working in-person on campus Aug. 1.
Most recently, Crittendon served as senior corporate counsel and director of outreach and compliance for the Constitutional Law Center for Muslims in America. Previously, Crittendon was vice president, general counsel and secretary of the corporation of the United Negro College Fund, known as UNCF. Earlier in her career, Crittendon was assistant general counsel at Morgan State University.

“I am delighted to join the Kansas State University community and support its 2025 vision to be recognized as a premier, student-centered, public research university fulfilling its land-grant mission,” Crittendon said in the announcement. “I look forward to collaborating with the president, provost, senior leadership and the outstanding staff in the Office of General Counsel.”

Crittendon earned her law degree from the Francis King Carey School of Law at the University of Maryland.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » June 30th, 2020, 10:37 pm

PurpleOnWhite wrote:
June 30th, 2020, 6:00 pm
Shari F. Crittendon has been appointed the chief legal officer of Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas. Crittendon began serving in her new role remotely Monday and will start working in-person on campus Aug. 1.
Most recently, Crittendon served as senior corporate counsel and director of outreach and compliance for the Constitutional Law Center for Muslims in America. Previously, Crittendon was vice president, general counsel and secretary of the corporation of the United Negro College Fund, known as UNCF. Earlier in her career, Crittendon was assistant general counsel at Morgan State University.

“I am delighted to join the Kansas State University community and support its 2025 vision to be recognized as a premier, student-centered, public research university fulfilling its land-grant mission,” Crittendon said in the announcement. “I look forward to collaborating with the president, provost, senior leadership and the outstanding staff in the Office of General Counsel.”

Crittendon earned her law degree from the Francis King Carey School of Law at the University of Maryland.
Hmm ... I believe I stated KSU and KSU football had turned far left and some folks said I was full of sh*t! I won’t say I told you so because that wouldn’t be classy.

For you donors whom I warned were making your donations to a left wing operation ... you took the bait ... now here’s the switch.

For anyone who doesn’t know, the chief legal counsel basically runs the show and is a key player in ‘every’ significant decision. KSU will soon be left of Lawrence if it isn’t already.

Meyers has filled the ranks with left wing deans, who now have left wing dept heads and who are hiring left wing faculty. Some of us have been trying to sound the alarm for several years.

KSU’s undergrad enrollment will be under 18k this fall and I will predict right now that it will fall below 15k before the Meyers experiment is over. No one in conservative Kansas will want to attend a school full of left wing nuts that go after Christian groups.

One last thing ... this stuff with the tweeter is going to get expensive. Meyers has been after that kid for a while if you didn’t know. The kids student group is backed by Michelle Maulkin and some religious right wing groups. Meyers already got them booted off campus and the tweet looks like and opportunity for a knockout. However, I foresee some legal battles and some groups on the far right willing to step in and go toe to toe with King Richard and his left wingnuts.

Get ready for some fireworks.

JazzCatDRP
Administrator

Post by JazzCatDRP » June 30th, 2020, 11:08 pm

Hypeman, watch the language. Say whatever you want in the warzone.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » June 30th, 2020, 11:27 pm

JazzCatDRP wrote:
June 30th, 2020, 11:08 pm
Hypeman, watch the language. Say whatever you want in the warzone.
Oops sorry ... just wanted to add a little emphasis.

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » July 1st, 2020, 9:51 am

So are the kids still threatening to boycott playing or has that been resolved?

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » July 1st, 2020, 10:03 am

Tbonespop wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 9:51 am
They were never really boycotting, just whining. They are boycotting during the 14 day period they can’t workout because of the supposed virus outbreak. Lol.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » July 1st, 2020, 10:25 am

Hypeman wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 10:03 am
Tbonespop wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 9:51 am
They were never really boycotting, just whining. They are boycotting during the 14 day period they can’t workout because of the supposed virus outbreak. Lol.
I was under the impression that (at least early on) they would boycott all activities until certain demands (including expelling McNeil) were met. It seems more recently they have backed off a little bit on those demands (since McNeil's posts are protected speech), but still want changes made to school policy regarding posting on social media.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » July 1st, 2020, 10:32 am

myers is clearly a left-winger which is odd for a vet, albeit a retired general. i just chuckled when i saw his legal appointment - shari f. crittendon. it would be interesting to hear myers and crittendon's views about the mission of this school. the appointment, however worthy, is another indication of why conservatives distrust universities.

however, i wouldn't paint with such a broach brush as to label the athletic department. i suspect klieman, taylor, and others there (in fact, i know) are as conservative as myself. they're dealing with a hand dealt by circumstances.

Shari F. Crittendon
General Counsel

Shari F. Crittendon

Shari was appointed General Counsel of K-State in June 2020. She earned her law degree from the Francis King Carey School of Law at the University of Maryland and a bachelor's degree in communication and rhetorical studies/public policy from Syracuse University. Prior to K-State, Crittendon served as senior corporate counsel and director of outreach and compliance for the Constitutional Law Center for Muslims in America. Previously, Crittendon was vice president, general counsel and secretary of the corporation of the United Negro College Fund, Inc., known as UNCF, where she served as strategic advisor and counsel to the president and CEO, senior management and the board of directors regarding legal, regulatory, governance and legislative matters. As principal of her own firm, Crittendon represented tax-exempt organizations and school systems on employment, governance and compliance matters. Earlier in her career, Crittendon was assistant general counsel at Morgan State University and also practiced in the commercial litigation groups of two Mid-Atlantic law firms.
Last edited by tmcats on July 1st, 2020, 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
"There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK