this kirk ferentz issue should worry k-state fans ...

Welcome Chris Klieman to K-State!
tmcats

Pick 'Em

this kirk ferentz issue should worry k-state fans ...

Post by tmcats » June 10th, 2020, 5:09 pm

if coach ferentz were to step down, coach klieman would be very high on iowa's list.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... n-program/

It took until the last week for veteran Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz to become aware of allegations of widespread mistreatment of players within his program. That's shocking enough, especially with the allegations having to do with bullying and racist comments.
"There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » June 10th, 2020, 6:08 pm

i can not and will not worry about things I can not control.

I can and do treat those around me with courtesy, compassion and love. suspect it's the same for Coach.

I suspect we're doing all that we can. but short of using a nail gun and fastening him to the floor, not sure there's much more to be done?

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » June 11th, 2020, 3:10 pm

Are there any specifics as to why Klieman would be high on Iowa's list? As much as KSU fans are high on him, he still has only coached 1 full season of P5. You may argue that his days up north at NDSU are close to Iowa, but that is only 1 factor and it's not the same as having coached in the Big 10. Iowa has even been beating KSU for recruits, both in Iowa and KS, so I can't imagine his recruiting would be a selling point right now.

Usually, when there is a coaching change, I first look for school connections. Obviously, Iowa isn't going to go with Kirk's son, and may not even consider Phil Parker, the DC, because they want to clean house. However, Parker has been at Iowa since 1999.

Would they target Matt Campbell down the road? Or maybe go after an assistant in the Big 10 that knows the league?

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » June 11th, 2020, 4:20 pm

ferebtz's son was expected to follow him but he's tied up in these accusations as well. klieman is from iowa, went to northern iowa, beat iowa, and then there's his record overall. he'd be high their list. however, gene taylor and coach are tight. so unless gene heads to iowa city, it will be tough for klieman to leave him.
"There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » June 11th, 2020, 4:24 pm

tmcats wrote:
June 11th, 2020, 4:20 pm
ferebtz's son was expected to follow him but he's tied up in these accusations as well. klieman is from iowa, went to northern iowa, beat iowa, and then there's his record overall. he'd be high their list. however, gene taylor and coach are tight. so unless gene heads to iowa city, it will be tough for klieman to leave him.
I completely overlooked his homes state and school, good call.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » June 11th, 2020, 5:10 pm

With the direction that college athletics are going its hard for me to worry about recruits or coaches coming and going. I love KSU no matter who our captain is.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » June 11th, 2020, 6:22 pm

wild@nite wrote:
June 11th, 2020, 5:10 pm
With the direction that college athletics are going its hard for me to worry about recruits or coaches coming and going. I love KSU no matter who our captain is.
Same.

ksustars754

Post by ksustars754 » June 12th, 2020, 7:36 am

Personally, I think Klieman would be a solid hire for them. However, have you met any Iowa fans? They are similar to Mizzou fans in their overblown perception of their program. I realize fans don’t make the hire but the elitist mindset comes from the top down. I have little/no worry that Klieman would be high on their list unless Gene goes there like mentioned above.

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » June 12th, 2020, 8:31 am

If Klieman has another successful season as KSU, he will be high on a lot of the annual "Need a new coach" short lists. In that case, keep him happy, pay him well, set a high buyout, and hope for the best. I like to think that the relationship between him and Gene is worth a lot, as well as Gene having the confidence to hire him from NDSU(when nobody else did), to be worth a lot too. Only time will tell.

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » June 12th, 2020, 10:21 am

Klieman doesn’t strike me as someone who’s looking for the bigger better deal. My gut tells me he is loyal to those that gave him an opportunity and support him.