"Tight" end Wheeler arrested

The defending Big XII Champions
katlander

Pick 'Em

Re: "Tight" end Wheeler arrested

Post by katlander » May 25th, 2020, 2:58 pm

tmcats wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 10:27 am
to some degree that still happens. we had a favorite, now closed, mhk westside bar that served the best chicken sandwiches ever and a favorite k-state student waitress who was studying to be a teacher worked there. we went in one day and she was gone. thought maybe she'd quit. but no, she was back our next visit a month later, and when we asked, she said: i had to go home for wheat harvest. i just smiled. it felt good knowing that still happened. so, very k-state.
Should have asked her if she has a CDL. Today there are primarily 3 jobs at wheat harvest. Running the combine, pulling the grain cart, or driving the semi to the elevator or other terminal. So, maybe she ran the grain cart? Although I know there are some girls that love farm work and can do any job and run any machine. Many are equal to or better than the guys.

Sometimes another body is needed to run the planter to get the soybeans in the ground ASAP. Often combines, grain carts, semis, and drills or planters are in the field at the same time. Amazing of how quickly they can complete jobs which used to take days. Harvest was a big deal when I was the kid with many of the town folk coming out to help. Today you need trained personnel and just a few of them to keep the big wheels turning.

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » May 25th, 2020, 3:33 pm

We are a nation of laws, wisely applied. Perhaps the law in Wheeler's situation was not wisely applied. No biggie either way. The kid will still play FB if he's good enough.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » June 1st, 2020, 11:12 pm

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » June 2nd, 2020, 10:29 am

so, we demean the rcpd, perhaps unfairly, and in this case wheeler was actually arrested by the campus police. geezzz.

All charges have been dropped for Kansas State tight end Sammy Wheeler, who was arrested by the Kansas State University Police Department on May 17 at 1108 Thurston and released on $500 bond.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » June 2nd, 2020, 5:58 pm

Good news.

DMC

Post by DMC » June 2nd, 2020, 10:29 pm

My guess is the young man agreed to a diversion. The charges are dropped provided the young man doesn’t get into any violations of the law. If he does the charges can be reapplied the next two years.

blyne3

Post by blyne3 » June 3rd, 2020, 10:41 am

and he turned 21 the next day

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » June 3rd, 2020, 11:29 am

katlander wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 2:58 pm
tmcats wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 10:27 am
to some degree that still happens. we had a favorite, now closed, mhk westside bar that served the best chicken sandwiches ever and a favorite k-state student waitress who was studying to be a teacher worked there. we went in one day and she was gone. thought maybe she'd quit. but no, she was back our next visit a month later, and when we asked, she said: i had to go home for wheat harvest. i just smiled. it felt good knowing that still happened. so, very k-state.
Should have asked her if she has a CDL. Today there are primarily 3 jobs at wheat harvest. Running the combine, pulling the grain cart, or driving the semi to the elevator or other terminal. So, maybe she ran the grain cart? Although I know there are some girls that love farm work and can do any job and run any machine. Many are equal to or better than the guys.

Sometimes another body is needed to run the planter to get the soybeans in the ground ASAP. Often combines, grain carts, semis, and drills or planters are in the field at the same time. Amazing of how quickly they can complete jobs which used to take days. Harvest was a big deal when I was the kid with many of the town folk coming out to help. Today you need trained personnel and just a few of them to keep the big wheels turning.

Go to many small Kansas elevators and you'll see there are still a lot of regular grain trucks operating as opposed to semis. I'm guessing that's what she was doing.

DMC

Post by DMC » June 3rd, 2020, 3:44 pm

wild@nite wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 11:29 am
katlander wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 2:58 pm

Go to many small Kansas elevators and you'll see there are still a lot of regular grain trucks operating as opposed to semis. I'm guessing that's what she was doing.
One doesn’t need a CDL to drive a truck for farm related activities. If one is driving within 150 miles of the farm then a class A farm license is all that is needed..

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » June 3rd, 2020, 3:52 pm

DMC wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 3:44 pm
wild@nite wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 11:29 am

One doesn’t need a CDL to drive a truck for farm related activities. If one is driving within 150 miles of the farm then a class A farm license is all that is needed..
Correct....