Slim Shady, please stand up, please stand up

The defending Big XII Champions
wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Re: Slim Shady, please stand up, please stand up

Post by wild@nite » April 6th, 2020, 11:36 am

I hear ya, but I'm not falling for it just yet. I'm going to remain positive that we get this curve flattened and life is "close" to being back to normal sometime in August. Too much doom and gloom right now. I refuse to join in.

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » April 6th, 2020, 12:14 pm

wild@nite wrote:
April 6th, 2020, 11:36 am
I hear ya, but I'm not falling for it just yet. I'm going to remain positive that we get this curve flattened and life is "close" to being back to normal sometime in August. Too much doom and gloom right now. I refuse to join in.
W@N, you could very well be correct. I think the issue re college sports (and maybe on-campus learning in general) will be the likelihood of covid19 2.0 beginning this fall. We will yet to have been vaccinated and the next outbreak could be as devastating as the first. I pray that won’t be the case.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » April 6th, 2020, 2:00 pm

PurpleOnWhite wrote:
April 6th, 2020, 12:14 pm
wild@nite wrote:
April 6th, 2020, 11:36 am
W@N, you could very well be correct. I think the issue re college sports (and maybe on-campus learning in general) will be the likelihood of covid19 2.0 beginning this fall. We will yet to have been vaccinated and the next outbreak could be as devastating as the first. I pray that won’t be the case.
I know that's a possibility, but I fully believe we will have something before 2.0 starts. There's too much riding on it.

KSUbetcha

Post by KSUbetcha » April 8th, 2020, 8:31 am

The IMHE projections of US deaths from Chinese Corona virus are way off as of 8 April 2020. From a high of 2.2 million deaths, 200,000,100,000, 80k, and now 60k with more decreases likely. IMHO this will end up much lower. Yes is it serious, do you want to get it? No... But each month we have 65 thousand die from the regular flu this year alone. And on average, 157,000 people in the US die from cancer, heart disease, car crashes, etc. What are we doing for those ailments? Banning peple from driving, eating nothing but salads??

We don't have to wait for the vaccine to restart the economy. And that includes all pro & college sports. The shutdown has flatlined the economy & that'll kill way more people than the Wuhan Flu ever will.

This shutdown is getting ridiculous... and the media has been spotlighting the virus for a month or more... the health experts have been proven to be totally WRONG about everthing.

RESTART THE ECONOMY NOW...including all Sports!!!
Last edited by KSUbetcha on April 9th, 2020, 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 8th, 2020, 9:22 am

these c'virus discussions are going full bore on "gods and generals" board. we invite you to join in.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

iowa_wildcat

Post by iowa_wildcat » April 8th, 2020, 4:35 pm

iowa_wildcat

Post by iowa_wildcat » April 8th, 2020, 4:37 pm

This is food for thought in these difficult times.

https://www.facebook.com/GrahamAllenOff ... 8207/?t=29

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » April 8th, 2020, 11:16 pm

iowa_wildcat wrote:
April 8th, 2020, 4:37 pm
This is food for thought in these difficult times.

https://www.facebook.com/GrahamAllenOff ... 8207/?t=29
Good information. Thanks for sharing.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » April 9th, 2020, 6:37 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-s ... li=BBnbfcL

Only 13% of Americans will be willing to go to games i the traditional sense. It’s coming.

KSUbetcha

Post by KSUbetcha » April 9th, 2020, 9:43 pm

B.S. on that poll IMO... the media should be ashamed of themselves but they're not. They've been frightening all Americans with the Coronavirus scare. 98% of Americans will never get the virus- FACT. Of the other 2% of Americans who actually do get it, 90% of them have 1 or more other dire health issues (cancer, heart disease, COPD, immumo-compromised, etc.) Who do you know PERSONALLY that has it or has died from it?? I don't know anyone that has it or has died from it.

Sure.. They'll trot out Tom Hanks & wife and other celebs that claim to have it... and miraculously ALL of them have recovered.

When this is all said & done less Americans will have died from Chinese Coronavirus than from the regular flu. Already this flu season 60,000 have died in the US alone.

You're far less likely to catch the Wuhan flu outside, than cooped up inside. A leading scientist estimates that you are 19% less likely to catch any bug outside than inside. I will be there in the fall to watch football in person. This Cat fan 100% deserves it after all this crap that's been going on in this country.

The government just got away with suspending the US Constitution for weeks now. Every American is guaranteed "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness". What we've seen is a couple of bureaucrats take over our government & suspend our Civil Rights. The game is almost done.... Time to restart the Economy & all Sports.

I suggest everyone turn off the 24/7 news cycle of fear & start living their best life!!

After all aren't we the "land of the free & the home of the brave?" Yes, I'm sure I read that somewhere once... ;) /s ..