Slim Shady, please stand up, please stand up

Post by Hypeman » April 4th, 2020, 1:40 am

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.orland ... utType=amp

“So won't the real Slim Shady please stand up
Please stand up, please stand up?…”

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » April 4th, 2020, 7:36 am

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... son-starts

Looks like you won’t get Dabo to stand up.

I keep reading that football players may return to practice late spring or summer. Considering in-person classes can’t be held and human subject research is banned through spring and most schools have announced through summer. Will college football get to operate on college campuses when educating and research cannot?

PurpleCatbacker

Post by PurpleCatbacker » April 4th, 2020, 9:05 am

I read what former KSU President Jon Wefald said... and without a vaccine there won't be games. I also read the US Postal Service could be shut down by June. Is it too late for
2 Chronicles 7:14 ? Perhaps so.

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » April 4th, 2020, 10:02 am

There’s little doubt that the number of covid19 cases will have been significantly reduced by fall. But it will not be gone and there will yet to be a vaccine, although it appears there may be some decent treatment protocols in place. Who is going to attend a sporting event with thousands of others? Are we going to ask 105 young men in very close quarters to place themselves at risk for our enjoyment? I’ve been wrong before, but I’d put the odds of a 2020 season at less than 1 in 10 (including a delayed season). Even then, there will be plenty of empty seats. And can you imagine going through one of the serving lines in the WSC? Frightening thought.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 4th, 2020, 10:12 am

interesting that jon, sitting up there on a snow-packed minnesota lake, is still considered an expert on college football. i guess that says a lot about his vast contributions while here at k-state.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » April 4th, 2020, 11:58 am

Coming from someone in the know, the university administration is already planning for remote fall classes. They are not talking about it publicly yet because the fall enrollment is going on and they know it will have a huge effect, and there is some slim hope. They also hope that if students are enrolled they won’t have time to change their mind once the permanent switch to online is announced. The plan is to announce it as late as possible.

I’m not sure that’s how you treat family, but I guess that was a slogan from the Wefald years and no longer relevant.

This signals to me that college football is done this fall. I hope those coaching contracts have options for furloughs or we have some slim shadys. If not, sports are F’d.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » April 4th, 2020, 12:30 pm

tmcats wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 10:12 am
interesting that jon, sitting up there on a snow-packed minnesota lake, is still considered an expert on college football. i guess that says a lot about his vast contributions while here at k-state.
Didn’t he transform the place?

https://books.google.com/books/about/Th ... e=kp_cover

Sounds like grumpy old men.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » April 4th, 2020, 1:29 pm

Hypeman wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 11:58 am
Coming from someone in the know, the university administration is already planning for remote fall classes. They are not talking about it publicly yet because the fall enrollment is going on and they know it will have a huge effect, and there is some slim hope. They also hope that if students are enrolled they won’t have time to change their mind once the permanent switch to online is announced. The plan is to announce it as late as possible.

I’m not sure that’s how you treat family, but I guess that was a slogan from the Wefald years and no longer relevant.

This signals to me that college football is done this fall. I hope those coaching contracts have options for furloughs or we have some slim shadys. If not, sports are F’d.
"Planning" doesn't mean locked in. It means they have time on their hands and need to be prepared. You have to "plan" for this scenario. Means nothing to me other than just that. We all just need to do our part in containing the virus and see what happens. I'm going to remain positive.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » April 4th, 2020, 8:23 pm

wild@nite wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 1:29 pm
Hypeman wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 11:58 am

"Planning" doesn't mean locked in. It means they have time on their hands and need to be prepared. You have to "plan" for this scenario. Means nothing to me other than just that. We all just need to do our part in containing the virus and see what happens. I'm going to remain positive.
I didn’t make my point well Wildman. Being that campus has shut down and they believe there is a high chance of distance education continuing in the fall, there is probably very little hope for football. It seems that would be one of the last things to come back since it involves bunch of players rubbing on each other.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » April 4th, 2020, 8:37 pm

Hot off the press. Wefald isn’t alone in his opinion. And in the world of higher ed., once one schools does something, they all fall in line.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com ... some-trump