Spring Practice?

Welcome Chris Klieman to K-State!
AJcat7755
Posts: 3979
Joined: February 26th, 2014, 11:29 am
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 272 times

Pick 'Em

Re: Spring Practice?

Post by AJcat7755 » March 19th, 2020, 7:29 pm

Hypeman wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 5:05 pm
I completely disagree with your entire post.
Great post. Are you a season ticket holder? Because your disagreeing with items that have been in practice for many years with no logical response as to why.

Hypeman
Posts: 1650
Joined: December 16th, 2018, 11:33 pm
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 165 times

Post by Hypeman » March 19th, 2020, 8:24 pm

Hypeman wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 5:05 pm
AJcat7755 wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 2:44 pm


Well to start, Ahearn Fund is only loosely associated with tickets. You can donate to it, and not buy any tickets, and you can donate to it and it applies to your Ahearn level for multiple sports. It used to be 100% tax deductible until that last year or so. It is not a scam as it is no different then donating to any other scholarship, except for the fact that you have to be a certain level of member to get higher level tickets. There are perks that come with donating to many charities, like access to special events, higher status, etc. so this is no different. No one is forcing you to pay to the Ahearn membership to buy tickets, but if you want the more premium seats, or a parking spot, then you have to be a certain level of donor. They also use donations to help rank priority for tickets, which makes sense, because those that pay more should get better access to tickets.

If they reduce the Ahearn fund, that is less $$ for sports, for equipment, for coaches, etc. I would have to guess that donations probably fund more of the budget then the ticket sales.

The payment plan is nothing new either. Previously, they had 5 and 4 month plans. What they are offering in relief is a delay in the start of the payment plan and offering a 3 month plan so fans can delay that first payment while funds are tight right now. Payment plans have been going on for many years, you don't have to pay it all up front. Makes me question if you have ever even bought season tickets if you don't understand this. BTW, a mortgage also has interest, the ticket payment plan does not. They are not getting anything extra for you to spread out your payments, just making it more accessible then trying to pay 1 large sum.

As for the average taxpayer, no one is getting fleeced by others using charities as a deduction just like no one is getting fleeced by a farmer buying a $70k truck with leather seats and writing that off when they could do just the same with a cheaper truck, or a small business writing off utilities in their home office.
I completely disagree with your entire post.
If I must. Ahearn fund is almost “directly” associated with tickets. Bigger donation equals better seats. I don’t get a front tow seat at church with my donation.

Yes donations provide more than tickets, but they are intertwined.

Payment plans indeed make the monthly payment more palatable, but if you are pushed into monthly payments you probably can’t afford the tickets. If your think making payments for football tickets is nothing different than making payments for a place to live, I say your wack.

I think that allowing tax deductions for football tickets is fleecing tax payers. If you don’t I disagree. You seem to thing taxpayer support for football tickets is equivalent deductions against income for farming equipment, I disagree with you there too.

Do I have season tickets? not this year. I’ve dropped all my season tickets this year. Athletics are out of control. As much as I like sports, I can’t support the out of control budgets any longer.

AJcat7755
Posts: 3979
Joined: February 26th, 2014, 11:29 am
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 272 times

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » March 19th, 2020, 10:28 pm

Hypeman wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 8:24 pm
Hypeman wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 5:05 pm


I completely disagree with your entire post.
If I must. Ahearn fund is almost “directly” associated with tickets. Bigger donation equals better seats. I don’t get a front tow seat at church with my donation.

Yes donations provide more than tickets, but they are intertwined.

Payment plans indeed make the monthly payment more palatable, but if you are pushed into monthly payments you probably can’t afford the tickets. If your think making payments for football tickets is nothing different than making payments for a place to live, I say your wack.

I think that allowing tax deductions for football tickets is fleecing tax payers. If you don’t I disagree. You seem to thing taxpayer support for football tickets is equivalent deductions against income for farming equipment, I disagree with you there too.

Do I have season tickets? not this year. I’ve dropped all my season tickets this year. Athletics are out of control. As much as I like sports, I can’t support the out of control budgets any longer.
No one is "pushed" into payment plans. If given the open to fork out 2k+ up front, and let KSU, or anyone for that matter, make money on my money compared to a payment plan where I can keep my money longer and keep it gaining interest for myself, I will always choose the later. It is nothing close to making payment plans on a mortgage because there is 0% interest. There is literally no reason to pay early when there is on benefit to do so and no penalty in delaying payments. It's not wack, it's simple investing and money management. Not everyone buys 2 tickets either. For those with larger ticket allotments, that's a lot more money up front that is better served in my hands then KSU's

Ahearn fund goes to athletics, including scholarships. If you don't think this is a tax write off, then neither is a donation to a educational scholarship fund, or a large donation to a program for a new building. Just because you aren't taking advantage of the tax deduction, doesn't mean it's fleecing the average tax payer. Not to mention the small amount that is being deducted is no where near the other tax benefits out there that are allowed. It's also at a completely different rate then other deductions.

In addition, you take away the tax deduction, then say goodbye to any of the recent facilities additions because I can guarantee you that those big donors are making donations to a new press box, video boards, etc to just get their names on it. They are doing it because they can also write it off, if not, they would be putting their money somewhere else.

I can donate $$ to a local charity to get tickets to their gala. If I didn't donate, I couldn't go. How is that different?

If you can't support out of control budgets anymore, then stop buying merchandise and stop paying for TV packages with sports and stop watching them on TV because by doing those, you are still supporting sports. The profit from your tickets is minimal, and easily replaced. Not buying tickets isn't going to make a difference.

Hypeman
Posts: 1650
Joined: December 16th, 2018, 11:33 pm
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 165 times

Post by Hypeman » March 20th, 2020, 7:13 am

AJcat7755 wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 10:28 pm
Hypeman wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 8:24 pm


If I must. Ahearn fund is almost “directly” associated with tickets. Bigger donation equals better seats. I don’t get a front tow seat at church with my donation.

Yes donations provide more than tickets, but they are intertwined.

Payment plans indeed make the monthly payment more palatable, but if you are pushed into monthly payments you probably can’t afford the tickets. If your think making payments for football tickets is nothing different than making payments for a place to live, I say your wack.

I think that allowing tax deductions for football tickets is fleecing tax payers. If you don’t I disagree. You seem to thing taxpayer support for football tickets is equivalent deductions against income for farming equipment, I disagree with you there too.

Do I have season tickets? not this year. I’ve dropped all my season tickets this year. Athletics are out of control. As much as I like sports, I can’t support the out of control budgets any longer.
No one is "pushed" into payment plans. If given the open to fork out 2k+ up front, and let KSU, or anyone for that matter, make money on my money compared to a payment plan where I can keep my money longer and keep it gaining interest for myself, I will always choose the later. It is nothing close to making payment plans on a mortgage because there is 0% interest. There is literally no reason to pay early when there is on benefit to do so and no penalty in delaying payments. It's not wack, it's simple investing and money management. Not everyone buys 2 tickets either. For those with larger ticket allotments, that's a lot more money up front that is better served in my hands then KSU's

Ahearn fund goes to athletics, including scholarships. If you don't think this is a tax write off, then neither is a donation to a educational scholarship fund, or a large donation to a program for a new building. Just because you aren't taking advantage of the tax deduction, doesn't mean it's fleecing the average tax payer. Not to mention the small amount that is being deducted is no where near the other tax benefits out there that are allowed. It's also at a completely different rate then other deductions.

In addition, you take away the tax deduction, then say goodbye to any of the recent facilities additions because I can guarantee you that those big donors are making donations to a new press box, video boards, etc to just get their names on it. They are doing it because they can also write it off, if not, they would be putting their money somewhere else.

I can donate $$ to a local charity to get tickets to their gala. If I didn't donate, I couldn't go. How is that different?

If you can't support out of control budgets anymore, then stop buying merchandise and stop paying for TV packages with sports and stop watching them on TV because by doing those, you are still supporting sports. The profit from your tickets is minimal, and easily replaced. Not buying tickets isn't going to make a difference.
Now I’m starting to agree with you. Here’s how:

1. Donations go to support the overinflated salaries and operating costs.
2. Take away the deduction and people stop donating.
3. Time value of money

Now here’s where we differ

1. Donations to support multimillion dollar salaries and quasi for-profit sports organizations are not worthy of a tax deduction in my opinion. They are profit money making activities in disguise.
2. When individuals start putting purchases like sporting tickets on payment plans, that’s a bad personal financial choice for 99% of people. Athletics is advertising the payment plans hard right now.
3. I’d prefer athletics be supported by selling tickets, tv time, merchandise etc. and not be supported by taxpayers through tax deductions for a handful of rich guys. I’d prefer to see those rich guys give to actual charitable causes like the needy, a church, education, medical research, youth sports even. But getting a tax deduction for better seats at a football game? Forgive me if I’m stupid for not getting it.
4. I appears you think new stadiums are a good use of tax dollars. I don’t.

If rich folks want to give to athletics they are welcome to do it. I welcome it. But I should pay higher taxes because of it? which in a round about way I do because their huge tax deductions are eventually made up for by increases in other people’s taxes. I don’t think so.

AJcat7755
Posts: 3979
Joined: February 26th, 2014, 11:29 am
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 272 times

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » March 20th, 2020, 9:46 am

Hypeman wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 7:13 am
AJcat7755 wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 10:28 pm


No one is "pushed" into payment plans. If given the open to fork out 2k+ up front, and let KSU, or anyone for that matter, make money on my money compared to a payment plan where I can keep my money longer and keep it gaining interest for myself, I will always choose the later. It is nothing close to making payment plans on a mortgage because there is 0% interest. There is literally no reason to pay early when there is on benefit to do so and no penalty in delaying payments. It's not wack, it's simple investing and money management. Not everyone buys 2 tickets either. For those with larger ticket allotments, that's a lot more money up front that is better served in my hands then KSU's

Ahearn fund goes to athletics, including scholarships. If you don't think this is a tax write off, then neither is a donation to a educational scholarship fund, or a large donation to a program for a new building. Just because you aren't taking advantage of the tax deduction, doesn't mean it's fleecing the average tax payer. Not to mention the small amount that is being deducted is no where near the other tax benefits out there that are allowed. It's also at a completely different rate then other deductions.

In addition, you take away the tax deduction, then say goodbye to any of the recent facilities additions because I can guarantee you that those big donors are making donations to a new press box, video boards, etc to just get their names on it. They are doing it because they can also write it off, if not, they would be putting their money somewhere else.

I can donate $$ to a local charity to get tickets to their gala. If I didn't donate, I couldn't go. How is that different?

If you can't support out of control budgets anymore, then stop buying merchandise and stop paying for TV packages with sports and stop watching them on TV because by doing those, you are still supporting sports. The profit from your tickets is minimal, and easily replaced. Not buying tickets isn't going to make a difference.
Now I’m starting to agree with you. Here’s how:

1. Donations go to support the overinflated salaries and operating costs.
2. Take away the deduction and people stop donating.
3. Time value of money

Now here’s where we differ

1. Donations to support multimillion dollar salaries and quasi for-profit sports organizations are not worthy of a tax deduction in my opinion. They are profit money making activities in disguise.
2. When individuals start putting purchases like sporting tickets on payment plans, that’s a bad personal financial choice for 99% of people. Athletics is advertising the payment plans hard right now.
3. I’d prefer athletics be supported by selling tickets, tv time, merchandise etc. and not be supported by taxpayers through tax deductions for a handful of rich guys. I’d prefer to see those rich guys give to actual charitable causes like the needy, a church, education, medical research, youth sports even. But getting a tax deduction for better seats at a football game? Forgive me if I’m stupid for not getting it.
4. I appears you think new stadiums are a good use of tax dollars. I don’t.

If rich folks want to give to athletics they are welcome to do it. I welcome it. But I should pay higher taxes because of it? which in a round about way I do because their huge tax deductions are eventually made up for by increases in other people’s taxes. I don’t think so.
That is a pretty tough sell to say that because rich people get tax deductions that in a round about way you have to pay higher taxes. The rich have to give contributions regardless, if it's not to KSU it will be to someone else. So even if it did affect your taxes, it would still affect your taxes regardless because those donations are still being made. So arguing that doesn't really make much of a point. And again, Ahearn is no longer 100% deductible, so your argument has even less weighted. It doesn't just help out the rich people either. Small business owners, like myself, need all the deductions we can get to help our business grow. In fact, any single fan that itemizes can deduct these expenses as well. So the benefit is there for everyone to take advantage of. Now you may try to say the rich get a bigger deduction because they donate more, so yes, because they also are in a much higher tax bracket and are are in fact, donating more. But the % of their deduction is the same if its 100k or 1k.

Athletics would not be supported by the items you have listed. KSU would have to drop sports, or do less renovations and in turn be less profitable leading to less ticket sales and even less money. KSU football has not only helped the university grow, but has been substantial to the Manhattan community. Without it, KSU would probably be Emporia State. KSU could do like other schools, and require more subsidies from the state to help pay for athletics, or they could take away money from education. So would you prefer more of your taxes go to KSU, or for KSU education to suffer? The less $$ that is given to athletics means more money they have to take elsewhere, if they want to stay competitive. And staying competitive is already hard as KSU spends a lot less then it's conference members. Spending less then they are now would makes things even more difficult.

I don't see athletics adverting payment plans hard. I got 1 email about it. And all they are doing is pushing them back a month. The payment plans have been around forever, so most were already using them anyways. 99% of the people using them are not making a bad financial choice. That is not only a made up number, but a made up argument with no factual backing whatsoever. Payment plans exist anywhere from gym memberships, to utilities, to car loans. No one pays for things up front, and it's not a bad financial choice, it's how the world works. A 0% interest payment plan is the least risky payment plan that can exist.

Not all new stadiums are paid for by tax dollars either.

These arguments are pretty off topic anyways. This started as a comment about pushing back payment on season tickets due to unknowns if the season will even be held as well as issues in the economy has turned into a discussion on taxes and the Ahearn fund.

Hypeman
Posts: 1650
Joined: December 16th, 2018, 11:33 pm
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 165 times

Post by Hypeman » March 20th, 2020, 3:27 pm

AJcat7755 wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 9:46 am
Hypeman wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 7:13 am


Now I’m starting to agree with you. Here’s how:

1. Donations go to support the overinflated salaries and operating costs.
2. Take away the deduction and people stop donating.
3. Time value of money

Now here’s where we differ

1. Donations to support multimillion dollar salaries and quasi for-profit sports organizations are not worthy of a tax deduction in my opinion. They are profit money making activities in disguise.
2. When individuals start putting purchases like sporting tickets on payment plans, that’s a bad personal financial choice for 99% of people. Athletics is advertising the payment plans hard right now.
3. I’d prefer athletics be supported by selling tickets, tv time, merchandise etc. and not be supported by taxpayers through tax deductions for a handful of rich guys. I’d prefer to see those rich guys give to actual charitable causes like the needy, a church, education, medical research, youth sports even. But getting a tax deduction for better seats at a football game? Forgive me if I’m stupid for not getting it.
4. I appears you think new stadiums are a good use of tax dollars. I don’t.

If rich folks want to give to athletics they are welcome to do it. I welcome it. But I should pay higher taxes because of it? which in a round about way I do because their huge tax deductions are eventually made up for by increases in other people’s taxes. I don’t think so.
That is a pretty tough sell to say that because rich people get tax deductions that in a round about way you have to pay higher taxes. The rich have to give contributions regardless, if it's not to KSU it will be to someone else. So even if it did affect your taxes, it would still affect your taxes regardless because those donations are still being made. So arguing that doesn't really make much of a point. And again, Ahearn is no longer 100% deductible, so your argument has even less weighted. It doesn't just help out the rich people either. Small business owners, like myself, need all the deductions we can get to help our business grow. In fact, any single fan that itemizes can deduct these expenses as well. So the benefit is there for everyone to take advantage of. Now you may try to say the rich get a bigger deduction because they donate more, so yes, because they also are in a much higher tax bracket and are are in fact, donating more. But the % of their deduction is the same if its 100k or 1k.

Athletics would not be supported by the items you have listed. KSU would have to drop sports, or do less renovations and in turn be less profitable leading to less ticket sales and even less money. KSU football has not only helped the university grow, but has been substantial to the Manhattan community. Without it, KSU would probably be Emporia State. KSU could do like other schools, and require more subsidies from the state to help pay for athletics, or they could take away money from education. So would you prefer more of your taxes go to KSU, or for KSU education to suffer? The less $$ that is given to athletics means more money they have to take elsewhere, if they want to stay competitive. And staying competitive is already hard as KSU spends a lot less then it's conference members. Spending less then they are now would makes things even more difficult.

I don't see athletics adverting payment plans hard. I got 1 email about it. And all they are doing is pushing them back a month. The payment plans have been around forever, so most were already using them anyways. 99% of the people using them are not making a bad financial choice. That is not only a made up number, but a made up argument with no factual backing whatsoever. Payment plans exist anywhere from gym memberships, to utilities, to car loans. No one pays for things up front, and it's not a bad financial choice, it's how the world works. A 0% interest payment plan is the least risky payment plan that can exist.

Not all new stadiums are paid for by tax dollars either.

These arguments are pretty off topic anyways. This started as a comment about pushing back payment on season tickets due to unknowns if the season will even be held as well as issues in the economy has turned into a discussion on taxes and the Ahearn fund.
Again, I completely disagree with nearly everything you said. Here’s a few reasons and then this is getting a little old and long:

1. Taxes come in. If one person doesn’t pay them another does.
2. It’s a graduated tax system so higher income people get more benefit from deductions. I don’t advocate doing away with charitable deductions, but don’t agree that college sports are worthy of charity and thus tax dollars in a round about way.
3. You need to deduct a % of your football tickets to make your business grow? Wow! Huh? Really? Did you get a business degree at KSU? I hope they don’t teach that and I hope my tax dollars don’t go to your bailout someday. Perhaps don’t buy football tickets if your business needs the money.
4. KSU would be emporia state if it wasn’t for football? That’s ludicrous. The schools have entirely different missions.
5. I don’t believe that more donations from athletics to support an exploded budget is good for education. How about we just reduce (or balance) the sports budget and donate to education instead? Or the homeless? Or the church? Or youth programs? Or something that isn’t an entertainment enterprise at least? The budget is currently balanced with 20+ million a year in donations.

You are correct about one thing:

1. It is my opinion that putting things like football tickets on payment plans is a bad financial choice for 99% of people. If you disagree with that, I hope you’re not a financial advisor.

AJcat7755
Posts: 3979
Joined: February 26th, 2014, 11:29 am
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 272 times

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » March 21st, 2020, 7:13 pm

Hypeman wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 3:27 pm
AJcat7755 wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 9:46 am


That is a pretty tough sell to say that because rich people get tax deductions that in a round about way you have to pay higher taxes. The rich have to give contributions regardless, if it's not to KSU it will be to someone else. So even if it did affect your taxes, it would still affect your taxes regardless because those donations are still being made. So arguing that doesn't really make much of a point. And again, Ahearn is no longer 100% deductible, so your argument has even less weighted. It doesn't just help out the rich people either. Small business owners, like myself, need all the deductions we can get to help our business grow. In fact, any single fan that itemizes can deduct these expenses as well. So the benefit is there for everyone to take advantage of. Now you may try to say the rich get a bigger deduction because they donate more, so yes, because they also are in a much higher tax bracket and are are in fact, donating more. But the % of their deduction is the same if its 100k or 1k.

Athletics would not be supported by the items you have listed. KSU would have to drop sports, or do less renovations and in turn be less profitable leading to less ticket sales and even less money. KSU football has not only helped the university grow, but has been substantial to the Manhattan community. Without it, KSU would probably be Emporia State. KSU could do like other schools, and require more subsidies from the state to help pay for athletics, or they could take away money from education. So would you prefer more of your taxes go to KSU, or for KSU education to suffer? The less $$ that is given to athletics means more money they have to take elsewhere, if they want to stay competitive. And staying competitive is already hard as KSU spends a lot less then it's conference members. Spending less then they are now would makes things even more difficult.

I don't see athletics adverting payment plans hard. I got 1 email about it. And all they are doing is pushing them back a month. The payment plans have been around forever, so most were already using them anyways. 99% of the people using them are not making a bad financial choice. That is not only a made up number, but a made up argument with no factual backing whatsoever. Payment plans exist anywhere from gym memberships, to utilities, to car loans. No one pays for things up front, and it's not a bad financial choice, it's how the world works. A 0% interest payment plan is the least risky payment plan that can exist.

Not all new stadiums are paid for by tax dollars either.

These arguments are pretty off topic anyways. This started as a comment about pushing back payment on season tickets due to unknowns if the season will even be held as well as issues in the economy has turned into a discussion on taxes and the Ahearn fund.
Again, I completely disagree with nearly everything you said. Here’s a few reasons and then this is getting a little old and long:

1. Taxes come in. If one person doesn’t pay them another does.
2. It’s a graduated tax system so higher income people get more benefit from deductions. I don’t advocate doing away with charitable deductions, but don’t agree that college sports are worthy of charity and thus tax dollars in a round about way.
3. You need to deduct a % of your football tickets to make your business grow? Wow! Huh? Really? Did you get a business degree at KSU? I hope they don’t teach that and I hope my tax dollars don’t go to your bailout someday. Perhaps don’t buy football tickets if your business needs the money.
4. KSU would be emporia state if it wasn’t for football? That’s ludicrous. The schools have entirely different missions.
5. I don’t believe that more donations from athletics to support an exploded budget is good for education. How about we just reduce (or balance) the sports budget and donate to education instead? Or the homeless? Or the church? Or youth programs? Or something that isn’t an entertainment enterprise at least? The budget is currently balanced with 20+ million a year in donations.

You are correct about one thing:

1. It is my opinion that putting things like football tickets on payment plans is a bad financial choice for 99% of people. If you disagree with that, I hope you’re not a financial advisor.
Just in case you didn't read the forum rules here they are again so you can review your behavior before you continue further.

"Treat other posters with respect. We're all human beings here; we may have differing opinions from time to time, but don't resort to personal attacks to get your point across. "

The thread has been derailed enough about taxes. I'm sorry you have chosen football tickets are not in your plan anymore and that you disagree with sports budgets and how taxes are structured. It doesn't give you the right to attack anyone that has a different opinion and is taking advantage of the system as it exists just because you are not, or can not. I don't really understand why you are even discussing sports if you are so against how much is spent on them.

I will continue to buy my 10+ season tickets like I have done for many years because my businesses and finances are doing just great. I will continue to write off both the Ahearn donation, as allowed, and tickets that are given to clients as business expenses. I'm sorry if you think that fleeces your taxes, but that is how the system works so I will play within the rules just like everyone else should.

Hypeman
Posts: 1650
Joined: December 16th, 2018, 11:33 pm
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 165 times

Post by Hypeman » March 22nd, 2020, 6:36 am

AJcat7755 wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 7:13 pm
Hypeman wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 3:27 pm


Again, I completely disagree with nearly everything you said. Here’s a few reasons and then this is getting a little old and long:

1. Taxes come in. If one person doesn’t pay them another does.
2. It’s a graduated tax system so higher income people get more benefit from deductions. I don’t advocate doing away with charitable deductions, but don’t agree that college sports are worthy of charity and thus tax dollars in a round about way.
3. You need to deduct a % of your football tickets to make your business grow? Wow! Huh? Really? Did you get a business degree at KSU? I hope they don’t teach that and I hope my tax dollars don’t go to your bailout someday. Perhaps don’t buy football tickets if your business needs the money.
4. KSU would be emporia state if it wasn’t for football? That’s ludicrous. The schools have entirely different missions.
5. I don’t believe that more donations from athletics to support an exploded budget is good for education. How about we just reduce (or balance) the sports budget and donate to education instead? Or the homeless? Or the church? Or youth programs? Or something that isn’t an entertainment enterprise at least? The budget is currently balanced with 20+ million a year in donations.

You are correct about one thing:

1. It is my opinion that putting things like football tickets on payment plans is a bad financial choice for 99% of people. If you disagree with that, I hope you’re not a financial advisor.
Just in case you didn't read the forum rules here they are again so you can review your behavior before you continue further.

"Treat other posters with respect. We're all human beings here; we may have differing opinions from time to time, but don't resort to personal attacks to get your point across. "

The thread has been derailed enough about taxes. I'm sorry you have chosen football tickets are not in your plan anymore and that you disagree with sports budgets and how taxes are structured. It doesn't give you the right to attack anyone that has a different opinion and is taking advantage of the system as it exists just because you are not, or can not. I don't really understand why you are even discussing sports if you are so against how much is spent on them.

I will continue to buy my 10+ season tickets like I have done for many years because my businesses and finances are doing just great. I will continue to write off both the Ahearn donation, as allowed, and tickets that are given to clients as business expenses. I'm sorry if you think that fleeces your taxes, but that is how the system works so I will play within the rules just like everyone else should.
I’m not saying that is hypocritical, but didn’t you start this rampage by denigrating my post for not providing enough detail and “logic” rather than just providing your own arguments?

I took your bait. Why cry foul now? Isn’t this site set up for arguing our points and a little banter? I enjoy it, and enjoy making my points. I’m also quick to acknowledge others when I’ve realized their arguments make sense and I might be wrong. I never cry foul or ask for people to stop arguing against me. I don’t feel that entitled.

Now, you are welcome to your tax deduction, and believe me, I take mine. If I didn’t I’d be paying higher taxes to pay for your deductions and refusing my own. I’m not a masochist. But, I’m also welcome to argue this whole system is corrupt and the athletic departments have been corrupted by money.

You questioned why I discuss sports since I don’t think we should spend so much on it. The answer is, I like “the sports”, and liked them much better when we weren’t as worried about how much we spend on them. I also liked KSU sports better years ago when it was about sports and families, and not the playground for a handful of entitled baby boomers.

AJcat7755
Posts: 3979
Joined: February 26th, 2014, 11:29 am
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 272 times

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » March 22nd, 2020, 11:08 am

Hypeman wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 6:36 am
AJcat7755 wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 7:13 pm


Just in case you didn't read the forum rules here they are again so you can review your behavior before you continue further.

"Treat other posters with respect. We're all human beings here; we may have differing opinions from time to time, but don't resort to personal attacks to get your point across. "

The thread has been derailed enough about taxes. I'm sorry you have chosen football tickets are not in your plan anymore and that you disagree with sports budgets and how taxes are structured. It doesn't give you the right to attack anyone that has a different opinion and is taking advantage of the system as it exists just because you are not, or can not. I don't really understand why you are even discussing sports if you are so against how much is spent on them.

I will continue to buy my 10+ season tickets like I have done for many years because my businesses and finances are doing just great. I will continue to write off both the Ahearn donation, as allowed, and tickets that are given to clients as business expenses. I'm sorry if you think that fleeces your taxes, but that is how the system works so I will play within the rules just like everyone else should.
I’m not saying that is hypocritical, but didn’t you start this rampage by denigrating my post for not providing enough detail and “logic” rather than just providing your own arguments?

I took your bait. Why cry foul now? Isn’t this site set up for arguing our points and a little banter? I enjoy it, and enjoy making my points. I’m also quick to acknowledge others when I’ve realized their arguments make sense and I might be wrong. I never cry foul or ask for people to stop arguing against me. I don’t feel that entitled.

Now, you are welcome to your tax deduction, and believe me, I take mine. If I didn’t I’d be paying higher taxes to pay for your deductions and refusing my own. I’m not a masochist. But, I’m also welcome to argue this whole system is corrupt and the athletic departments have been corrupted by money.

You questioned why I discuss sports since I don’t think we should spend so much on it. The answer is, I like “the sports”, and liked them much better when we weren’t as worried about how much we spend on them. I also liked KSU sports better years ago when it was about sports and families, and not the playground for a handful of entitled baby boomers.
"If you disagree with that, I hope you’re not a financial advisor. "

"Did you get a business degree at KSU? I hope they don’t teach that and I hope my tax dollars don’t go to your bailout someday."

"Treat other posters with respect. We're all human beings here; we may have differing opinions from time to time, but don't resort to personal attacks to get your point across. "

Determine the difference between respectful banter and even sarcasm and those comments.

What argument would you like me to provide to a single comment saying "I completely disagree with your entire post. "? What points are there to discuss? Which is why I was asking for some reason as to why you disagreed instead of just saying you disagree.

Either way, as I have said twice now, this has derailed far enough. What started as a comment about KSU delaying payments on tickets has changed far past that. Discussions about taxes should be taken to the Gods and Generals forum as it relates to politics and not KSU football.

Post Reply