Facilities

The defending Big XII Champions
Hypeman

Re: Facilities

Post by Hypeman » February 29th, 2020, 8:47 pm

Opensource wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 9:12 am
All the problems at K-State started with defunding of the institution by the state. It used to be k-State got a budget and tuition dollars went to the state like taxes. But, when universities got tuition ownership they became businesses and then rather than serve people from the state they are generating income. Fort Hays went to online classes to people in China as a revenue model. Why should our state institution be doing that rather than serving state students? Because of the decline in a Rural America there aren’t many potential students there. So, serving rural students isn’t a viable business model. Brownback cuts led to the best people leaving K-State. Good people couldn’t get recruited resulting in a lot of internal hires of competent but not outstanding leaders. We hire a General with no understanding of hire Ed and a Provost from New York with no understanding of rural Midwest. When Pat Bosco was replaced by a marketing firm, you know where we are going.
The leadership hires have been laughable. The internal folks that have risen up are the ones that couldn’t get hired elsewhere and the external ones have baggage and came ‘recommended’ by other schools with fingers crossed they’d leave.

Currently the university is run by a handful of high value donors with big egos to match their bank accounts, but like the general, they know nothing about higher ed. But being an investment banker or CEO sure makes you think you do.

Bosco has his finger on the pulse.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » February 29th, 2020, 9:48 pm

To steal from the Hazelton thread and the discussion of the money being spent in collegiate athletics, it's my understanding that the new south end zone seats will be sold out to 2 groups of people. 1) Those who can't get in the West Stadium or the ones who can't afford it. 2) People wanting to flee the East Stadium seats but can't afford the West Stadium. I'm also told that when the East side seats are vacated they will be quickly filled. I'm doubting the last statement but I could be wrong.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » February 29th, 2020, 11:18 pm

hilltopwildcat wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 9:48 pm
To steal from the Hazelton thread and the discussion of the money being spent in collegiate athletics, it's my understanding that the new south end zone seats will be sold out to 2 groups of people. 1) Those who can't get in the West Stadium or the ones who can't afford it. 2) People wanting to flee the East Stadium seats but can't afford the West Stadium. I'm also told that when the East side seats are vacated they will be quickly filled. I'm doubting the last statement but I could be wrong.
Why are people wanting to flee the East Stadium suites? The Sun?
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » March 1st, 2020, 7:35 am

stlcatfan wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 11:18 pm
hilltopwildcat wrote:
Expect a lot of empty seats

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » March 1st, 2020, 7:37 pm

stlcatfan wrote:
hilltopwildcat wrote:
Just a guess. The sun does get hot over there. We spent our first season there this past season and my wife loved the A/C and the heat (I did during the Iowa State game as well). I would doubt if that is necessarily the lead factor though. Educated guess would say that the amenities in the South End Zone project will be nicer than those on the East Side. Don't know about the East Side suites although I've heard they're pretty nice.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » March 1st, 2020, 7:46 pm

hilltopwildcat wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 7:37 pm
stlcatfan wrote:

Just a guess. The sun does get hot over there. We spent our first season there this past season and my wife loved the A/C and the heat (I did during the Iowa State game as well). I would doubt if that is necessarily the lead factor though. Educated guess would say that the amenities in the South End Zone project will be nicer than those on the East Side. Don't know about the East Side suites although I've heard they're pretty nice.
I burned then froze in those upper east side seats for a few years before I could afford more. Man did that suck.

powercat5000

Post by powercat5000 » March 2nd, 2020, 10:16 am

Didn’t the east side suites just recently get remodeled?
Our Freedom Does Not End where Fear Begins

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 2nd, 2020, 11:20 am

all the gloom and negativity here over a fully-funded expansion is "peculiar" to put it mildly.

Why is there something rather than nothing?

catl

Post by catl » March 2nd, 2020, 3:23 pm

Ah, the days of being able to arrive 10-15 minutes before game time and park in the West parking lot that was half empty without a donation!

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » March 2nd, 2020, 11:07 pm

powercat5000 wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 10:16 am
Didn’t the east side suites just recently get remodeled?
Not sure about the suites. The level below that where we sit was remodeled.