Combine Invites

The defending Big XII Champions
wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Re: Combine Invites

Post by wild@nite » February 11th, 2020, 12:04 pm

I'm not trying to argue here, I'm just trying to understand why you think Frantz is a greater NFL talent than Sam. Nothing you've followed up with addresses that, and I've asked like 3 times, so I guess I'll move on after trying one last time. Frantz possibly getting drafted at some point doesn't answer my question to the original statement you made that Frantz> NFL talent than Sam. Why do "YOU" think that? Based on what?

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » February 11th, 2020, 12:28 pm

wild@nite wrote:
February 11th, 2020, 12:04 pm
I'm not trying to argue here, I'm just trying to understand why you think Frantz is a greater NFL talent than Sam. Nothing you've followed up with addresses that, and I've asked like 3 times, so I guess I'll move on after trying one last time. Frantz possibly getting drafted at some point doesn't answer my question to the original statement you made that Frantz> NFL talent than Sam. Why do "YOU" think that? Based on what?
I have said it several times, and it's also mentioned in the article. I'm not sure why you keep missing it, did you even read the article? I'll try to say it very simply for you so it doesn't get lost in the other information. Maybe there is something lost in the translation of the word "talent". I'm using it as the ability to make, play, and be successful in the NFL.

Sam didn't have a fit in the NFL. His skills, size, and position didn't translate to a valuable NFL position. His talents were not a match for the NFL. It is the same thing as a HS player that dominates in HS, but those to not translate to college. Teams aren't going to keep a player that is that limited on the roster. Sam did not fail in the NFL because of his sexual orientation, he failed because his skills didn't fit. If he was an every down DE or LB, he would still be in the NFL. Depending on if you want to lump it into "talent" or not, Sam also had some personal/mental reasons which made it harder for him to make in the NFL. Whether that stemmed from his orientation, or the reception to that, or whatever it was, it was just another reason why he wasn't successful in the NFL.

Frantz plays a position where the transition is easier to make the NFL, and he has more value to a NFL team then a 3rd down pass rusher due to his flexibility to move along the OL. 3rd down pass rushers are a dime a dozen, but OL carry more value in the NFL. He needs to put on some weight to handle the NFL DL, so he isn't a starter as a rookie, but he has the skills and frame that a team is willing to give him a chance to do so because of the upside is there to be an every down OL. His talent and skills are a better fit for the NFL then Sam.

This is not what I think, it's what is being said by scouts, writers, and what historical reference is on players of similar skills and position. Based on all that, I'm willing to wager on the side that Frantz will spend more time, and make more $$, then Sam did in the NFL. And that's not a wild statement because Sam never made it past a practice squad in 1 year. Sam didn't even make in the CFL.
Last edited by AJcat7755 on February 11th, 2020, 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » February 11th, 2020, 12:40 pm

No I didn't read the article because "YOU" said it. A far simpler answer would have just been, "because that's what I read in this article". Sheesh. I wanted to know "your" thoughts because I thought that statement came from "you".

My thoughts on are... I think he may get drafted, may stick for a few years, but I also think he is near his ceiling because I don't think he is overly athletic and added weight won't be kind to him. Hell, I could be way wrong, but that is kind of what I was looking for.

Have a great day.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » March 4th, 2020, 11:07 am

Jax

Pick 'Em

Post by Jax » March 4th, 2020, 1:43 pm

Isaiah Simmons, 6'4", 240 lb. LB out of Clemson. ran a 4.39 in the 40. Can you imagine having to evade that type of athleticism?
We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we are. - Anaïs Nin

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » March 4th, 2020, 2:29 pm

Jax wrote:
March 4th, 2020, 1:43 pm
Isaiah Simmons, 6'4", 240 lb. LB out of Clemson. ran a 4.39 in the 40. Can you imagine having to evade that type of athleticism?
How fast was our Marvin? His speed was in the wrong direction.