byron pringle

The defending Big XII Champions
KITNooga

byron pringle

Post by KITNooga » February 3rd, 2020, 12:54 pm

world champion.

had a great game on special teams and was OH-SO-CLOSE to getting that punt downed on the one!

:clap:
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » February 3rd, 2020, 1:10 pm

Not to mention the huge block on the final, game sealing, TD run by Williams. Pringle cleared the CB all the way to the sideline.

With the Chiefs not likely extending Watkins and dropping him instead, that could potentially open up more playing time for Pringle as the 4th WR behind Hill, Hardman and Robinson. It depends on if the Chiefs make a move to get another WR in there that would be ahead of Pringle. But the fact that they have kept Pringle on contract, throughout his injury as well, means they think he could be good. And he had a great catch early in the season as well.

And lets give credit to Lee and Reed, they were making plays on kick return coverage all night for the 49ers.
Last edited by AJcat7755 on February 3rd, 2020, 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WIldWIllieCat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WIldWIllieCat » February 3rd, 2020, 1:13 pm

That was my thought as well, and likely why the Chiefs held onto him despite the injury at the beginning of last season. The fact that he turned into a special teams maven just sealed the deal.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » February 3rd, 2020, 1:47 pm

I think Robinson might also be a FA, so he could be gone as well.

ToledoCat#2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#2 » February 3rd, 2020, 3:12 pm

I'm so happy for Byron. He had a tough childhood. Now he has both an education and a really nice nest egg to insure his future, providing he has enough discipline to invest wisely. He seems such a happy person that it's easy to root for his long-term success.

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » February 3rd, 2020, 6:28 pm

AJcat7755 wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 1:10 pm
Not to mention the huge block on the final, game sealing, TD run by Williams. Pringle cleared the CB all the way to the sideline.

With the Chiefs not likely extending Watkins and dropping him instead, that could potentially open up more playing time for Pringle as the 4th WR behind Hill, Hardman and Robinson. It depends on if the Chiefs make a move to get another WR in there that would be ahead of Pringle. But the fact that they have kept Pringle on contract, throughout his injury as well, means they think he could be good. And he had a great catch early in the season as well.

And lets give credit to Lee and Reed, they were making plays on kick return coverage all night for the 49ers.
Yep. Give his ass the BOOT. Talking about contract. During the damn Super Bowl prep. Me-me-me HAS to go. Don't let the door hit 'ya.
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » February 3rd, 2020, 6:34 pm

epicsnyder wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 6:28 pm
AJcat7755 wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 1:10 pm

Yep. Give his ass the BOOT. Talking about contract. During the damn Super Bowl prep. Me-me-me HAS to go. Don't let the door hit 'ya.
My problem is more that he showed up in week 1, and then in the playoffs and nothing in between. He is the 6th highest paid WR in 2020 if the Chiefs keep him, and if they don't extend him, he could likely just sit out while he tries to get another contract. Chiefs save $14 million if they cut/trade him before 6/1. I don't know if anyone is going to be willing to take on his contract, so the Chiefs would have to pay part of it, and get something decent in return if they go the trade route.

Chiefs may still need a veteran WR, but there are plenty out there as FA to get. Not sure if Hardman is ready for the #2 WR role, and as much as speed is important, I would like to see the Chiefs add a nice possession WR that has a bigger body. One that can get you a yards across the middle and under 15 yards, while allowing the faster WRs to take the speed routes.

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » February 3rd, 2020, 7:37 pm

AJcat7755 wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 6:34 pm
epicsnyder wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 6:28 pm

My problem is more that he showed up in week 1, and then in the playoffs and nothing in between. He is the 6th highest paid WR in 2020 if the Chiefs keep him, and if they don't extend him, he could likely just sit out while he tries to get another contract. Chiefs save $14 million if they cut/trade him before 6/1. I don't know if anyone is going to be willing to take on his contract, so the Chiefs would have to pay part of it, and get something decent in return if they go the trade route.

Chiefs may still need a veteran WR, but there are plenty out there as FA to get. Not sure if Hardman is ready for the #2 WR role, and as much as speed is important, I would like to see the Chiefs add a nice possession WR that has a bigger body. One that can get you a yards across the middle and under 15 yards, while allowing the faster WRs to take the speed routes.
So, you are wanting Jordy Nelson to come out of retirement? Not a bad idea :D
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

ksuatheart

Post by ksuatheart » February 4th, 2020, 7:11 am

Cutting Watkins will create 14 million in free cap space, money the Chiefs will probably need to sign Jones to an extension. The other players Chiefs can cut to make room would be Fisher for 6.3m, Kelce for 7.3m, Duvernay-Tardif for 5m, Okafor for 3.2m, Duvernay-Tardif for 5m, Wilson for 4.5m, Sorenson for 3.7m, Ervings for 3.2m, Reiter for 3.4m, Williams for 2.3m, and Colquitt for 2m.

Gutting the team by cutting all of those guys would create 54 million in cap space. Several of them will probably be gone, I'm just not sure who, but Watkins would be the easy choice. It's also possible they may renegotiate several guys to create room but shift some of the money into the future. It looks like they currently have at least 60 million available next year, and most of that will be needed for Mahomes.

ksu2012

Post by ksu2012 » February 4th, 2020, 8:09 am

I am not a cap expert, but I had read somewhere that even though Sammy is making $14 million, cutting him would still be a $7 million cap hit. It still should happen, but the money saved is not as dramatic. There are probably other cap hits with the other players as well.