byron pringle

The defending Big XII Champions
wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Re: byron pringle

Post by wild@nite » February 5th, 2020, 3:03 am

KC businesses need to smother this kid with endorsements!!

KSUbetcha

Post by KSUbetcha » February 5th, 2020, 7:27 pm

Pringle is a great FB Player and representative of what a KSU graduate is supposed to be. He is willing to do whatever is necessary for his team to win. Whether or not it's a clutch pass, key block, or a hard nosed return- Byron Pringle just gets the job done.

He's the epitome of a selfless player.... He deservers to be kept on the team as part of the WR core and return guru. Kudos to Byron!!

ksume2000

Post by ksume2000 » February 6th, 2020, 9:03 am

epicsnyder wrote:
February 4th, 2020, 10:44 pm
JOKKO wrote:
February 4th, 2020, 9:45 pm
Brady also has a wife that makes more than him and everybody else in the league.
Brady doesn't need, and has never needed, his wife's money. He was swimming in cash, and was SMART enough to realize that if he deferred or took less, they could get the pieces needed to win super bowls. Most guys (ala Kobe Bryant) would rather rake in as much cash as possible regardless of the team outcome on the playing surface. And yes, whether it is "too soon" or not, Kobe is one of THE best examples of 'gonna get mine mentality that causes the franchise to suffer.
And I would throw Peyton Manning in there with Kobe as exhibit 1a. At least while he was with the Colts. It was a little different story with the Broncos.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » February 6th, 2020, 9:47 am

I find it funny that some of you criticize someone for accepting their value. The next time you get offered a raise, make sure you say hell no! If you're in private business, donate 25% of your earnings to your neighbors with no tax write offs. Please people.. Criticizing players for accepting what's offered? Pretty hypocritical.

JOKKO

Post by JOKKO » February 6th, 2020, 10:23 am

wild@nite wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 9:47 am
I find it funny that some of you criticize someone for accepting their value. The next time you get offered a raise, make sure you say hell no! If you're in private business, donate 25% of your earnings to your neighbors with no tax write offs. Please people.. Criticizing players for accepting what's offered? Pretty hypocritical.
I don't blame the players at all. There was a soccer coach (I think) that was critical of Kobe's last contract and Americans criticized him saying he just didn't get it.

I think there are often too many times when a player is overpaid at the end of his career. I think Tom Brady is going to be one of those people next year. I would love for him to end up in Vegas, or the Pasadena Chargers so the Chiefs can play him twice a year.

Players are gonna get, what they can.

ksume2000

Post by ksume2000 » February 6th, 2020, 10:46 am

wild@nite wrote:
I am in private business, taking less money for my own amusement so that there is more to spend on things that I consider more important is a way of life for me.

Different people have different priorities. For Brady, it was championships. For Manning, it was money. I don't criticize him for wanting more, I criticize Colts management for paying him at the expense of the organization.

ToledoCat#2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#2 » February 6th, 2020, 11:35 am

It's solely the owners/management decision on how much to pay. As much as I admire Mahomes, he shouldn't be paid $200-million on a long-term contract. But if the Hunts want to pony up that figure, go Mahomes. Buy half of Texas.
Last edited by ToledoCat#2 on February 6th, 2020, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » February 6th, 2020, 12:06 pm

Agreed. If Mahomes gets offered that and takes it, I don't blame him. Will that be good for the Chiefs? Probably not, but all he has already done so much for the Chiefs and owes them nothing more than to play out his contract. If they offer a $200 million $ deal, then signing that deal can take care of him and the next 2/3 generations if invested properly. If they don't, they risk losing him. That's business.

Don't expect a business man to undercut himself to win in KC. He can win anywhere. Kudos to him if he chooses to take less, but expecting him to is ridiculous. 90% of people wouldn't do that.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » February 6th, 2020, 5:26 pm

wild@nite wrote:
Not really a direct analogy. My company doesn't have a salary cap. So if I produce more, the company makes more, so it benefits the company to pay more for the best talent. I don't get a raise at the expense of other team members not getting a raise.

But again, if Mahomes wants to make more $$, it may be worth considering not taking it directly in his contract. Because the more $$ that is available to the team, the better the overall team will be, the more they will win and the more he will be more marketable both on and off the field. Not to mention that more winning = more contract bonuses. For example, if he makes the Pro Bowl, or wins the division/conference/SB, he gets a bonus. So it pays to win as well.

Eli Manning made more money then any player in NFL history. In 16 seasons, he won 2 Super Bowls and made 4 Pro Bowls and was never a First Team All Pro. Was it worth paying him that much? What if he took less and they signed better OL to protect him, better WR to make tough catches, better D to help his team win, etc?

In 2017, Stafford was the largest QB deal signed, how has that worked out for Detroit?

Brady has always been creative in his contracts. He made room for Randy Moss, and they went on to have a stellar year. Teams can be creative and put in bonuses, as mentioned above, instead of the guaranteed $$ that hits the cap. Or a player can take the money upfront, when its appropriate to allow for more $$ in later years of other players contracts. Mahomes can still get pretty good $$, even if it doesn't show up in a reported contract.

ToledoCat#2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#2 » February 6th, 2020, 9:13 pm

At the rate his "stuff" is selling nationwide, he'll probably make more that way than playing.