Early Enrollees

Welcome Chris Klieman to K-State!
ArKSU
Has liked: 323 times
Been liked: 31 times

Re: Early Enrollees

Post by ArKSU » March 3rd, 2020, 6:43 am

Funny thing is, in 68 and 69 (my favorite years ever), I actually spent more time working on throwing the discus than football. {Made finals in Ark. in 1968 and did the same thing Ks in 1970).

It was my time after school but it was 2-3 hours every day during track season.

The impetus for my effort was Steve Davis from Salisaw, OK, who went on to OU as QB. We competed against each other for two years. He and I had a lot of fun. Played football against him (he won one and I won one) and we really had fun at track meets, especially at the Grizzley Relays in Ft. Smith. (They started at 7:30 am(distance runs and distance relays then generally finished at 7:30 - 8:00pm with the finals of the pole vault)
Steve Davis (November 19, 1952 – March 17, 2013) was a quarterback for the Oklahoma Sooners from 1973 to 1975. He was named the Most Valuable Player of the 1976 Orange Bowl, when the Sooners won their fifth national championship. Davis led the Sooners to a 32–1–1 record as their starting quarterback, and holds the NCAA record for winning percentage in that position. With Davis at the helm, the Sooners won the national championship in 1974 and 1975

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Davis_(quarterback)