Welcome Chris Klieman to K-State!
Hypeman
Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 138 times

Re: Move American Cup Cakes to Grouup of Six

Post by Hypeman » January 29th, 2020, 6:23 am

Jax wrote:
January 17th, 2020, 10:37 am
It doesn't matter who Clemson played during the season, anymore than it mattered in the end who Baylor played in the pre-season. If you get a chance to prove the point and don't when you play them, then there is nothing to discuss. Besides, the ACC did not play each other during bowl season. Anyone that is a Big XII fan should probably not want to talk about weak conferences right now.
This is a bizarre discussion. I’d say the conference records in the playoff are telling. The big 12 has yet to win a game. Clearly the weakest of the so called P5. So when they tout that everyone plays everyone, does that mean everyone has a weak schedule?

Jax
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 59 times

Pick 'Em

Post by Jax » January 29th, 2020, 9:04 am

Hypeman wrote:
January 29th, 2020, 6:23 am
Jax wrote:
January 17th, 2020, 10:37 am
It doesn't matter who Clemson played during the season, anymore than it mattered in the end who Baylor played in the pre-season. If you get a chance to prove the point and don't when you play them, then there is nothing to discuss. Besides, the ACC did not play each other during bowl season. Anyone that is a Big XII fan should probably not want to talk about weak conferences right now.
This is a bizarre discussion. I’d say the conference records in the playoff are telling. The big 12 has yet to win a game. Clearly the weakest of the so called P5. So when they tout that everyone plays everyone, does that mean everyone has a weak schedule?
You make it sound like the playoffs is the only thing that mattered. I see the results of post season as OU losing as usual in the playoffs which only confirms what most said that the past season was about 3 teams then whoever was in the 4th slot.

The telling sign is what the rest of the conference did. Had the Big XII gone 5-1 in post game play, we would be discussing the parity of the league. Instead the conference went 1-5 in the bowl season. Thank goodness for UT.
The pessimist complains about the season; the optimist hopes things change; the realist adjusts expectations. - William Arthur Ward (Paraphrased)

wild@nite
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 459 times

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » January 29th, 2020, 11:13 am

Ark is either 10 or severely lacking the intricate details of adulthood. Every post mocks other universities or people. I can't deal with his juvenile posts, so I just blocked him. I like having grown up discussions.

hilltopwildcat
Has liked: 615 times
Been liked: 236 times

Post by hilltopwildcat » January 29th, 2020, 7:00 pm

wild@nite wrote:
January 29th, 2020, 11:13 am
Ark is either 10 or severely lacking the intricate details of adulthood. Every post mocks other universities or people. I can't deal with his juvenile posts, so I just blocked him. I like having grown up discussions.
I consider it a challenge. Kinda like solving the Rubik's Cube.

ArKSU
Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by ArKSU » February 4th, 2020, 11:38 pm

hilltopwildcat
I consider it a challenge. Kinda like solving the Rubik's Cube.
My friends and my wife of 40 years would agree with you hilltop.
:fistbump: