10 Players to watch in spring game.

The defending Big XII Champions
opcatzen

10 Players to watch in spring game.

Post by opcatzen » January 11th, 2020, 5:59 pm

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » January 12th, 2020, 7:29 am

A year ago, I thought there would be a drop-off after this season due to the graduation of so many senior starters. I'm having second thoughts. If our new starting OL and DL guys can step up, there is no reason to believe we can't win 7-8 games again next season. All the pieces seem to be in place for another successful season. This staff did a nice job of developing depth last season. I'm interested to see who stands out this spring.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » January 12th, 2020, 9:42 am

putting howard on any kind of k-state impact list seems silly to me. i would have had wayne jones, malik knowles, aj parker, and others on the list before still-in-high school howard. but perhaps i'm missing the point of the article? still, lots of dudes coming next fall with the offense and defensive lines obviously being the major concerns. i wish someone would write a piece about that fix.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » January 12th, 2020, 9:56 am

maybe it's just me. I'm looking forward to next season for same reasons I always do:
1. new kids make the rotations, step into roles.
2. existing kids take steps forward and make great contributions reminding me that they can/do grow, mature and get better.

no where in there do I define my enjoyment of the season based on wins/losses. as I have watched through the years, one of the things that frustrates me most of all? watching fans 'NEED!!!' for 'total wins' driving ultimate happiness. then lighting that dumpster fire by proclaiming 'this player coming in' should somehow change everything.

all of which totally ignores that this is still a process where young players fresh out of highschool do need some time to grow into roles. 18 year olds competing with 22 year olds, by and large is not necessarily where you want to be.

it's quite possible that next year we could win more games, we could win less games than this year and have a team that is better or perhaps not as good as this year's team. all while, believe it or not, making progress.

I try to look deeper than just w's. for instance, looking back on this year, we finish with 8 wins. there were at least 3 losses out there that were 'available' to this team, but we didn't get it done. on the other side, that OU game? what an un-expected gift. sure, one that we earned.

but if you are sitting here with a 10-win KSU team (all goes well this past season) I submit we would have been much better than our record.

I'll wait for next year. I'll look forward to it and plan on enjoying/savoring every game I can.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

DMC

Post by DMC » January 12th, 2020, 1:33 pm

Sure wish they would have left Beebe at DT 342 pounds aggressive, and his athleticism, would have caused big problems with o-lines