Re: CFB Playoffs - B12

Post by n2catnip » January 1st, 2020, 11:02 am

bhoovy wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 12:04 am
n2catnip wrote:
December 31st, 2019, 10:38 pm
Utah is reminiscent of Kstate 98
In what way?
In a bowl they probably felt was beneath them, playing a team that they felt was beneath them.

That said I only watched one other Utah game late in the season and didn’t think they were better than OU or BU. Utley is good but there are better qbs in the Big 12

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » January 1st, 2020, 3:14 pm

ksustars754 wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 12:38 am
bhoovy wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 12:04 am

In what way?
Every way imaginable.

What do you mean?
Every way imaginable? Really?

KSU went undefeated in the regular season and conference season.
Utah lost their first conference game of the season.

KSU lost their conference championship game by 3 points in OT.
Utah got boat raced in their conference championship, losing by 22.

The big 12 didn’t protect their undefeated conference team and they fell all the way to the fourth tier bowl the Alamo and lost in another close game 37-34
Utah also went to the Alamo bowl and again got boat raced, losing by 28.

KSU had the heisman runner up in Bishop and he won the Davey O’Brien award.
Don’t recall Utah having anyone invited to New York and wasn’t in the top 3 for O’Brien.

KSU lead the nation in scoring in 98, 48 ppg
Utah was ranked 25 in scoring 34 ppg.

They may have a few similarities, probably with respect to defense mostly, but hardly in every way imaginable.

I believe that 98 KSU would have won the NC had they not choked in the final minutes of that conference championship game. I don’t believe their heart was totally in that Alamo bowl and they still took it right to the end against a qb that will be in the HOA.

Nothing that I seen all year long, and even more so in their conference championship game, makes me believe Utah could have beaten any of the teams in the CFP, even OU.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » January 1st, 2020, 10:12 pm

Baylor taking it on the chin. I suspect I'll go to bed on time tonight.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » January 1st, 2020, 11:26 pm

Got themselves back into at 19-7, then a really, really questionable decision to go for it on 4th and 4 at midfield led to a Georgia short field TD. Bet he wishes he has that one back. Plus, down 12, they burned a TO to talk about going for it. Might want that one back in the 4th.

He is a great coach, but that was, well, a head scratcher.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » January 1st, 2020, 11:34 pm

Wow. Baylor just burns TO #2 at the 1/2 yd line, down 19. They look totally confused. Did the Big 12 just take the last 3 weeks off? The coaching and performances outside of Texas has been a tad embarrassing.

Baylor has made some good adjustments this half, I'll give them that. But the management, so far, when the players are making plays and getting you back in it might bite them in the butt late in the game.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » January 2nd, 2020, 8:03 am

At least Baylor put up some fight. Although I didn’t watch it all.

I think I’m now permanently tainted from college football bowls knowing 12 of Georgia’s starters didn’t play, many by choice. They don’t value the game, why should we bother to watch? It’s all becoming a big joke. I suppose it always was, but it’s even moreso today.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » January 2nd, 2020, 9:56 am

Hypeman wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 8:03 am

I think I’m now permanently tainted from college football bowls knowing 12 of Georgia’s starters didn’t play, many by choice. They don’t value the game, why should we bother to watch? It’s all becoming a big joke. I suppose it always was, but it’s even moreso today.
:o :o :o

Why do they start some of these games so late? Did this game get over by midnight? Didn't we play in Sun Devil 1 year starting at 9-something Central Time? I know, I know....programming for E$PN.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » January 2nd, 2020, 10:27 am

Hypeman wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 8:03 am

I've been where you're finally arriving to for 2-3 years.

It's why I think the bowls are a joke. Garbage $ grabbers. I'll watch because it's football, but Im not getting all hyped over them and I'm certainly not making a special trip to watch one.

The NCAA, as a whole, is a joke, but they keep taking in the dough because we keep supporting a top heavy, joke of a system, where about 8 teams have a prayer to win a title with this 85 scholly rule, and 4 team playoff.

By the way, Georgia still punked the Big 12's second best team minus most if their starting Online. LOL....

The product is becoming less and less interesting.