Two Things ...

The defending Big XII Champions
pulitzerdave

Two Things ...

Post by pulitzerdave » December 31st, 2019, 6:26 pm

Without even knowing the outcome of this game, there are two things obvious to me.

1 - The jury will still be out on coach Klieman - and it should be after this team performance with 3 weeks to prepare.

2 - Tyler Thompson should not be "given" the quarterback position next season without earning it, because he essentially is starting from 0 after this pathetic performance.

bigpurpleman

Post by bigpurpleman » December 31st, 2019, 6:51 pm

Ok

JackieMoon

Post by JackieMoon » December 31st, 2019, 6:56 pm

3. Stop with the white helmets already. Bad juju
E
L
E

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » December 31st, 2019, 7:13 pm

pulitzerdave wrote:
December 31st, 2019, 6:26 pm
Without even knowing the outcome of this game, there are two things obvious to me.

1 - The jury will still be out on coach Klieman - and it should be after this team performance with 3 weeks to prepare.

2 - Tyler Thompson should not be "given" the quarterback position next season without earning it, because he essentially is starting from 0 after this pathetic performance.
Howard's coming in early. I'd say after today that the qb competition will be wide open. Hopefully the new running backs have gained valuable experience this year.

pulitzerdave

Post by pulitzerdave » December 31st, 2019, 7:24 pm

hilltopwildcat wrote:
December 31st, 2019, 7:13 pm
pulitzerdave wrote:

Howard's coming in early. I'd say after today that the qb competition will be wide open. Hopefully the new running backs have gained valuable experience this year.
Amen. Let the competition begin.

Neither the coach nor the qb get a pass because of one two minute scoring drive at the end of the game. There was 58 minutes of bad football. We should have passed the ball 40 times against this team, because that was their weakness in their losses, and all season, really. So we thought we'd play "big boy, Big 12" football against them, and they were ready for it. We got outcoached badly in front of a national audience. If you were a prospective recruit thinking about KSU, why in the world would you go there now after watching that fiasco? This was a VERY IMPORTANT game for Klieman for a number of reasons, and he blew it in a big way. The jury is still out as far as I'm concerned.

bigpurpleman

Post by bigpurpleman » December 31st, 2019, 7:29 pm

On the contrary, I think Klieman is building something here. With this program and the type of player we can get here you need a ball control offense. If he can get a really good defense he will win a lot of games. Year one showed some promise and a ton of growing pains.

Ksustephens

Post by Ksustephens » December 31st, 2019, 7:30 pm

Kileieman and crew was completely unprepared and out-coached in this game. He would be looking for Juco or transfer portal QB because Skylar is horrid. Sorry about all the family stuff he has had to go through but he honestly isn’t a a big 12 caliber QB.
pulitzerdave wrote:

WIldWIllieCat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WIldWIllieCat » December 31st, 2019, 7:30 pm

pulitzerdave wrote:
December 31st, 2019, 7:24 pm
We got outcoached badly in front of a national audience. If you were a prospective recruit thinking about KSU, why in the world would you go there now after watching that fiasco?
Actually I don't think anybody was watching this game.

pulitzerdave

Post by pulitzerdave » December 31st, 2019, 7:38 pm

WIldWIllieCat wrote:
December 31st, 2019, 7:30 pm
pulitzerdave wrote:
December 31st, 2019, 7:24 pm
We got outcoached badly in front of a national audience. If you were a prospective recruit thinking about KSU, why in the world would you go there now after watching that fiasco?
You're probably right. I'm sure most of who was watching turned it off after the first half. I almost did.

bigpurpleman

Post by bigpurpleman » December 31st, 2019, 7:41 pm

pulitzerdave wrote:
December 31st, 2019, 7:38 pm
WIldWIllieCat wrote:
December 31st, 2019, 7:30 pm

You're probably right. I'm sure most of who was watching turned it off after the first half. I almost did.
Why would anyone turn off a tie game.