Chris Klieman leads Kansas State

Welcome Chris Klieman to K-State!
ArKSU
Posts: 296
Joined: April 2nd, 2019, 5:01 pm
Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 31 times

Chris Klieman leads Kansas State

Post by ArKSU » December 30th, 2019, 6:58 pm

Nice article at WaPo

Chris Klieman leads Kansas State into the Liberty Bowl against Navy, capping a season of firsts

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2 ... on-firsts/

User avatar
WIldWIllieCat
Posts: 17003
Joined: September 7th, 2013, 7:30 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 241 times

Post by WIldWIllieCat » December 30th, 2019, 7:41 pm

uh-oh :shock:
"Cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion.”~George Washington

Hypeman
Posts: 1201
Joined: December 16th, 2018, 11:33 pm
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 132 times

Post by Hypeman » December 30th, 2019, 7:49 pm

“It would finish the chapter, finish the story,” Klieman said.

Hmm ... that arrogance is certainly more Ron Prince like than Bill Snyder like. Oh yeah, we want the opposite of Snyder.

ksuian
Posts: 64
Joined: September 1st, 2013, 9:05 am
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 5 times

Pick 'Em

Post by ksuian » December 30th, 2019, 8:04 pm

What exactly is arrogant about that?
These users liked ksuian for the post:
WanaBKat (December 30th, 2019, 8:21 pm)

NECatFan
Posts: 152
Joined: November 4th, 2017, 2:03 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by NECatFan » December 30th, 2019, 8:05 pm

ksuian wrote:
December 30th, 2019, 8:04 pm
What exactly is arrogant about that?
Was wondering the same thing.

Hypeman
Posts: 1201
Joined: December 16th, 2018, 11:33 pm
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 132 times

Post by Hypeman » December 30th, 2019, 8:32 pm

Looks like CK is starting to think the smoke being blown up his arse doesn’t stink. That’s scary.

Don’t get me wrong, we should easily handle the mid-shipmen who are more concerned about their engineering exams than the game. But, assuming a big finish to your story is a recipe for disaster.

Tbonespop
Posts: 1953
Joined: September 2nd, 2013, 10:37 pm
Has liked: 247 times
Been liked: 385 times

Post by Tbonespop » December 30th, 2019, 8:37 pm

Hypeman wrote:
December 30th, 2019, 7:49 pm
“It would finish the chapter, finish the story,” Klieman said.

Hmm ... that arrogance is certainly more Ron Prince like than Bill Snyder like. Oh yeah, we want the opposite of Snyder.
You are reading WAY more into that comment than what it was, almost as if you are looking for crap. I'm glad I'm not having people constantly looking into every phrase I say on a daily basis at work... :o
These users liked Tbonespop for the post:
Section 12-2 (December 31st, 2019, 12:37 pm)

MNwildcat
Posts: 43
Joined: September 1st, 2018, 6:28 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times

Post by MNwildcat » December 30th, 2019, 8:39 pm

Hypeman wrote:
December 30th, 2019, 8:32 pm
Looks like CK is starting to think the smoke being blown up his arse doesn’t stink. That’s scary.

Don’t get me wrong, we should easily handle the mid-shipmen who are more concerned about their engineering exams than the game. But, assuming a big finish to your story is a recipe for disaster.
No offense, but I think you need to reread the article. I totally take the comments from CK as the Bowl game is the final chapter in the season for him and the team. Anyone looking more into that appear to be trolling or has a deep seeded resentment towards coach.

Hypeman
Posts: 1201
Joined: December 16th, 2018, 11:33 pm
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 132 times

Post by Hypeman » December 30th, 2019, 8:50 pm

MNwildcat wrote:
December 30th, 2019, 8:39 pm
Hypeman wrote:
December 30th, 2019, 8:32 pm
Looks like CK is starting to think the smoke being blown up his arse doesn’t stink. That’s scary.

Don’t get me wrong, we should easily handle the mid-shipmen who are more concerned about their engineering exams than the game. But, assuming a big finish to your story is a recipe for disaster.
No offense, but I think you need to reread the article. I totally take the comments from CK as the Bowl game is the final chapter in the season for him and the team. Anyone looking more into that appear to be trolling or has a deep seeded resentment towards coach.
No offense taken and you might be right, I do get wrapped up in the ‘hype’. Hopefully this is just the CK hype machine and not reflective of his real attitude.

Tbonespop
Posts: 1953
Joined: September 2nd, 2013, 10:37 pm
Has liked: 247 times
Been liked: 385 times

Post by Tbonespop » December 30th, 2019, 8:51 pm

That article actually said KSU hasn't faced any runner as talented as their QB Perry. WTF? Every hear of Chubba Hubbard, the 2090 yard rusher from Okie State who average 161 yards a game? How about Jalen Hurts from OU - does anyone really think Perry is more talented than Hurts? How about Miss State's RB Hill? He's pretty damn good at the RB spot. Perry is a talented kid, but good grief , they make him out to be a cross between Walter Payton and Drew Brees.

Be disciplined, execute, and do your job, and KSU wins this game by 2 scores or more. I have all the respect in the world for the Navy team, but good grief lets have just a moment of common sense in this.

Post Reply