hilltopwildcat

Re: The New Gary Patterson

Post by hilltopwildcat » December 5th, 2019, 10:11 am

tmcats wrote:
December 4th, 2019, 2:38 pm
NealyFan wrote:
December 4th, 2019, 1:56 pm

just asking?
you seldom will find me so critical of k-state coaches to the degree found by some here. i do criticize know-it-all fans who pound away at their p.c.'s acting like they know more than seasoned coaches like messingham, dimel and the lot. if these fans know so much, why are they slopping hogs, schooling kids, or pitching autos when they could be directing d1 offenses for big bucks? it's irrational.

and to those who chide: well, that's what these boards are for. i say: correct, that's why i have every right to respond accordingly. :D
Your credibility is a big issue for me in a post like this. I raised hogs for 30+ years and I never "slopped" a single one. Modern hog production is very scientific. If you doubt that, venture up to Weber Hall for some enlightenment. Schooling kids? I guess it's ok to slam teachers? Pitching autos? Anyone else you care to demean in defense of football coaches....and 1 of my sons is a football coach. I know who I think is irrational here.

I've officiated basketball for almost 40 years. I get criticized when I walk on the floor and I don't make the big bucks but it goes with the territory.

So in your view, the more money you make, the more immune to criticism you become? According to that logic, Putin is unimpeachable as according to some reports he is the richest man in the world.

Sheez. :banghead: :banghead:

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » December 5th, 2019, 10:13 am

Gorhoops wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 8:59 am
I have no problem with questioning coaches on a message board, that is part of coaching and everyone knows it. What I get tired of is people that want to rip a coach but not actually discuss the issues with the coach, and it does seem that in football, offensive coordinators get it more than defensive coordinators. Heck, in this thread people are asking for a raise for Hazelton but some want Messingham gone? Unless you point out your reasoning, not sure I put much weight into what you say. Hazelton has done a great job, but he is ultimately responsible for giving up the 3rd and 14 against Texas in their last drive, he is responsible for the blown coverage on 3rd and 22 against WVU and he is responsible for the blown coverage on 4th and 8 against Tech, is he not?? But for some reason, fans often are more willing to put defensive issues on the players, but offensive issues on the play-caller?

I tend to agree with tmcats that it doesn't matter who the OC is, if every play isn't a 15 yard gain or a TD, the guy calling the plays is an idiot. Messingham didn't know from week to week whether he would have Gilbert and Brown, or Knowles or Gill or whoever.

My point is, having good discussion about decisions coaches make is great, and it is awesome to read. Sometimes I just find it humorous that the OC is generally always an idiot, no matter what.
Great post Gor. I suspect that Hazelton is receiving more praise because fans had become fed up with Snyder's "bend and break gradually" defenses. Even though there was wide-spread criticism of Snyder's qb-run heavy offenses, we did score points most games.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » December 5th, 2019, 11:01 am

hilltopwildcat wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 10:11 am
tmcats wrote:
December 4th, 2019, 2:38 pm

you seldom will find me so critical of k-state coaches to the degree found by some here. i do criticize know-it-all fans who pound away at their p.c.'s acting like they know more than seasoned coaches like messingham, dimel and the lot. if these fans know so much, why are they slopping hogs, schooling kids, or pitching autos when they could be directing d1 offenses for big bucks? it's irrational.

and to those who chide: well, that's what these boards are for. i say: correct, that's why i have every right to respond accordingly. :D
Your credibility is a big issue for me in a post like this. I raised hogs for 30+ years and I never "slopped" a single one. Modern hog production is very scientific. If you doubt that, venture up to Weber Hall for some enlightenment. Schooling kids? I guess it's ok to slam teachers? Pitching autos? Anyone else you care to demean in defense of football coaches....and 1 of my sons is a football coach. I know who I think is irrational here.

I've officiated basketball for almost 40 years. I get criticized when I walk on the floor and I don't make the big bucks but it goes with the territory.

So in your view, the more money you make, the more immune to criticism you become? According to that logic, Putin is unimpeachable as according to some reports he is the richest man in the world.

Sheez. :banghead: :banghead:
Yep. Agree 100%, but this is what he does. Don't let him get you stirred up. It's obvious to many of us what his daily goal is. To be an (expletive).

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 5th, 2019, 12:00 pm

i slopped hogs as a kid. i taught in k-state's business school. but, granted, i never sold cars. the fact is that you thin-skinned turds like to lay it to coaches who can't respond: "messingham is a problem" or "and we got rid of snyder for this? really??" but you key-pounders can't take it when challenged for doing so. what a bunch of pussy cats. :D

Messingham is a problem
November 16th, 2019, 6:49 pm
I didnt like the hire from the beginning, the one hire I really didn't like. His resume is not impressive at all outside of taking over at OC for NDSU for one year (an absolute well oiled machine) He's predictable and unimaginative, would love to get a young energetic guy at OC.

November 17th, 2019, 1:37 pm
I was concerned about messingham from day 1, there is nothing in his resume that impresses me. For example he was part of the circus at ISU under Rhoads that let us steal game after game from them and at Upper Iowa University (his lone HC gig) he was 3-17.

And we got rid of Snyder for this? Really??
November 16th, 2019, 7:33 pm
Snyder could have easily done this well ... Gene let a coach go to hire a buddy and if this team isn’t a ton better next season, he better be willing to look at understanding he made a mistake and correct it quickly. Our offense is crap. And the D is schizo. I don’t believe Klieman will be any better about making coaching changes than Snyder was and it will part if his downfall as he needs to already make a change at OC.

November 16th, 2019, 7:44 pm
I agree ... Prince beat Texas and CK beat OU. There is no reason to assume his success. Geno hired his buddy for a big payday. No telling how Geno got his job. He wasn’t qualified. To add insult to injury Geno and CK pull out the Air Parish helmets and we played like it. Geno should be fired for that move alone.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » December 5th, 2019, 1:06 pm

So instead of a blanket condemnation of all who have an opinion maybe you should just direct your expertise at those who make those statements.

You must really think it's important to deflect criticism of a coach from posters whom he more than likely doesn't know, on a message board that I seriously doubt any of the coaches are aware of or certainly give a chit about. I think you're the one with the thin skin on the board.

In the grand scheme of things, give me the "hog-sloppers", kid "schoolers" and car "peddlers" any day. Football is/should be entertainment. Entertainment is valued WAY too much.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 5th, 2019, 1:12 pm

hilltopwildcat wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 1:06 pm
So instead of a blanket condemnation of all who have an opinion maybe you should just direct your expertise at those who make those statements.

You must really think it's important to deflect criticism of a coach from posters whom he more than likely doesn't know, on a message board that I seriously doubt any of the coaches are aware of or certainly give a chit about. I think you're the one with the thin skin on the board.

In the grand scheme of things, give me the "hog-sloppers", kid "schoolers" and car "peddlers" any day. Football is/should be entertainment. Entertainment is valued WAY too much.
i blanket condemn? what the hell, i just gave you specific examples of what irritates me about the negative key-pounders. and if you don't like football entertainment, why are you here? i'm sure there are boards to discuss hogs, education, and peddlers (your word) that would be far more useful to your interests, no?
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Piedmontcat

Post by Piedmontcat » December 5th, 2019, 7:29 pm

I didn’t want what I said to sound like a complaint - I think we are genuinely better on D. All I’m saying is offense was so down in the B12 this year that almost every team (honestly maybe every single team) is talking about how their defense improved this year.

Tbonespop wrote:
December 4th, 2019, 12:39 am
Piedmontcat wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 10:46 pm
I liked our defense better this year too, but let’s not pretend this year was anything like the Big 12 of earlier years. Whereas we used to have multiple great offenses to deal with every year (Baylor, OU, Tech, OSU - even WVU, TX & TCU were great at times), only OU was a great offense this year. I suspect our new schemes would still have gotten smoked if quarterbacks like Rudolph, Mahomes, Mayfield, Boykin, Petty, Grier, Geno Smith and others were still running spread offenses every week.
Alabama gave up 48 points last weekend in an L to Auburn. Few weeks back they gave up 46 points to LSU. Hell, they even let Ole Miss put up 31 points on them. The game evolves and so do the schemes. Even the best teams out there are giving up points to the really good offenses out there. The rules of the game favor the offenses.

The only really legit complaint about the defense this year is at times, they had lapses in tackling fundamentals - and not only was it game to game, it could be even quarter to quarter. It's quite unexplainable - they obviously showed they can tackle well at times. No idea why they have lapses. Other than that, what's to complain about? I think this team only allowed something like 36 3rd conversions ALL SEASON. Let that one sink in. That's 3 conversions per game on average. It's a crazy stat. That's a defense who gets the ball back to the offense.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » December 5th, 2019, 9:24 pm

tmcats wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 12:00 pm
i slopped hogs as a kid. i taught in k-state's business school. but, granted, i never sold cars. the fact is that you thin-skinned turds like to lay it to coaches who can't respond: "messingham is a problem" or "and we got rid of snyder for this? really??" but you key-pounders can't take it when challenged for doing so. what a bunch of pussy cats. :D

Messingham is a problem
November 16th, 2019, 6:49 pm
I didnt like the hire from the beginning, the one hire I really didn't like. His resume is not impressive at all outside of taking over at OC for NDSU for one year (an absolute well oiled machine) He's predictable and unimaginative, would love to get a young energetic guy at OC.

November 17th, 2019, 1:37 pm
I was concerned about messingham from day 1, there is nothing in his resume that impresses me. For example he was part of the circus at ISU under Rhoads that let us steal game after game from them and at Upper Iowa University (his lone HC gig) he was 3-17.

And we got rid of Snyder for this? Really??
November 16th, 2019, 7:33 pm
Snyder could have easily done this well ... Gene let a coach go to hire a buddy and if this team isn’t a ton better next season, he better be willing to look at understanding he made a mistake and correct it quickly. Our offense is crap. And the D is schizo. I don’t believe Klieman will be any better about making coaching changes than Snyder was and it will part if his downfall as he needs to already make a change at OC.

November 16th, 2019, 7:44 pm
I agree ... Prince beat Texas and CK beat OU. There is no reason to assume his success. Geno hired his buddy for a big payday. No telling how Geno got his job. He wasn’t qualified. To add insult to injury Geno and CK pull out the Air Parish helmets and we played like it. Geno should be fired for that move alone.

Speaking of keyboard pounders. "Thin skinned turds"... Name calling via keyboard pounding. Oh my, the irony.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » December 6th, 2019, 9:59 am

tmcats wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 1:12 pm
hilltopwildcat wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 1:06 pm

i blanket condemn? what the hell, i just gave you specific examples of what irritates me about the negative key-pounders. and if you don't like football entertainment, why are you here? i'm sure there are boards to discuss hogs, education, and peddlers (your word) that would be far more useful to your interests, no?
Read your first post. You seem to be easily irritated. I guess you must be the board conscience. You seem to fit in with the social media crowd. If you disagree with someone, label them.

Didn't say I didn't like football entertainment. I very much enjoy K-State football. I and more than likely could live without football but would have a harder time living without some of the other occupations. If it's any of your business, I do participate in some professional boards as well. I do notice on those boards that there seems to be a lack of people telling other people how to think and what to do. They do share differing opinions but in a much more adult fashion.

For clarification, I think many sports fans jump straight off the cliff when their team doesn't win. Most of those posts don't really deserve a response.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » December 6th, 2019, 10:03 am

And in other news... On another thread, tm is criticizing Matt Campbell's coaching vs us last year. Apparently, he knows more than Matt Campbell? Damn keyboard pounder.