Bowl Destination?

The defending Big XII Champions
hilltopwildcat

Re: Bowl Destination?

Post by hilltopwildcat » December 1st, 2019, 10:29 pm

I read that there will be 3 new bowls in 2020. I guess if a city and E$PN want to pony up for a bowl game what the heck? I wonder when/if advertisers will begin to prioritize or abandon certain bowls.

ArKSU

Post by ArKSU » December 2nd, 2019, 1:13 am

Palm has K-State going to Alamo V USC

SECPSN
Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas Bowl
NRG Stadium, Houston
Dec. 27, 6:45 p.m., ESPN
Bonagura: Texas A&M vs. Kansas State anotherAZZWhole BasquetteBalle clown
Schlabach: Texas A&M vs. Kansas State Mark Schlabach (born in Knox, Indiana)

Please, Please, Please, get those damned BasquetteBalle clowns out of football.

If Gawd had wanted people to actually give a damn about BasquetteBalle then He would have made it a sport rather that an indoor Group Activity like 4 square
1. Prepare Baseballers, and Tracksters
2. Not made it a delicate activity to not be too rough
3. Not made it a group activity resembling indoor soccer
4. Made sure it had nothing to do with peach baskets
A worried man with a worried mind
People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » December 2nd, 2019, 7:39 am

ArKSU wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 1:13 am
If Gawd had wanted people to actually give a damn about BasquetteBalle then He would have made it a sport rather that an indoor Group Activity like 4 square

you do realize ( :D ) that baseball and track are a whole lot more 'gentle' than basquette-ball? talk about your 'not too rough' sports.

but at least it's not populated with a bunch of delicate little floppers like 'soccer' is...

:rofl:
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » December 2nd, 2019, 10:13 am

n2catnip wrote:
December 1st, 2019, 9:22 pm
wild@nite wrote:
December 1st, 2019, 11:30 am

Agreed. I may be in the minority, but I couldn't care less which bowl, or where, if it's not in the championship series. Just happy we're bowling and not done.
I don't agree. Part of the problem with society is the all or nothing attitude. (And, no, I don't believe in participation trophies.) Absent a true playoff system, bowls can be an excellent reward for a team's success and effort. It means something to the players and coaching staff, so it means something to me as a fan.

FWIW, heard an interesting term on ESPN radio this morning. Commentator commented that Big 12-ization had come to the SEC. It was during a discussion of Saban and Bama's less than vaulted defense. Said the RPO has changed the game and that Saban is playing catch up.
It means something to some players sometimes, but not always. How many times have you seen teams (including KSTATE teams) show up for a bowl with false inspiration, just going through the motions? It's happened at least twice to us and every year I see clearly better teams get ran in lesser bowl games because the players aren't inspired to be there. I'll watch and I'll cheer, but honestly, I don't much stock into who wins bowl games. I do care about the exposure, but that's about it. I'd be perfectly fine if the playoffs were extended to 16 teams (which I think it should be) and about 12 other bowls, 8-9 played from Dec. 25-31, and 2-3 played on New Years Day. That means 40 teams would be playing in the post season. To me, that would give far more meaning to bowls and would give us a true playoff. 5-7 and 6-6 teams should not be bowling, imo. What a joke.
Last edited by wild@nite on December 2nd, 2019, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » December 2nd, 2019, 10:48 am

KITNooga wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 7:39 am
ArKSU wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 1:13 am

you do realize ( :D ) that baseball and track are a whole lot more 'gentle' than basquette-ball? talk about your 'not too rough' sports.

but at least it's not populated with a bunch of delicate little floppers like 'soccer' is...

:rofl:
You've obviously never taken an 85 mph foul tip to the side of the neck, collar bone, or back of the throwing hand - let alone a good shot to the groin. There are collisions all the time in baseball. Baseball can be brutal depending on the position and circumstances. Don't get me wrong, its nothing like football - I've played both.
EMAW

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » December 2nd, 2019, 11:23 am

Tbonespop wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 10:48 am
You've obviously never taken an 85 mph foul tip to the side of the neck, collar bone, or back of the throwing hand - let alone a good shot to the groin. There are collisions all the time in baseball. Baseball can be brutal depending on the position and circumstances. Don't get me wrong, its nothing like football - I've played both.
T: sorry, I did not say stuff didn't happen in baseball. just not as part of the normal play.

Now, in my mis-spent youth, I caught a lot of baseball games. have been 'freight trained' at home. like to think I gave better than I got.
have been hit with bats, foul tips, etc. but that's no where near what happens, for instance, with outfielders.

yes, baseball CAN be brutal. but as someone who also played basketball and was a post 'banger' I'm tellling you, day in, day out, outside of football, basketball was the next most physical game.

as for soccer: I figure if a guy gets hurt and has to 'lay down/flop' he ought to get 10 minutes on the sidelines before he can re-enter. let them 'recover' there.

:lol:

and of course, if you don't want 'contact' there's always marching/pep band!
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

Mauser

Post by Mauser » December 2nd, 2019, 11:41 am

1. Football
2. Hockey
3. Wrestling
4. Basketball
5. Baseball

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » December 2nd, 2019, 11:43 am

:popcorn: I love football, but it's easier to find playing time than in bball or baseball. Why? People with little to no hand/eye coordination can excel in football. You get chewed up and spit out in basketball/baseball without quality hand/eye coordination.

My experience is that people who dog basketball or baseball sucked at them. More than hand/eye coordination, basketball requires much more athleticism and stamina than football, and baseball requires more mental toughness because you're isolated and the rate of failure is way higher. I've seen many football studs come play baseball and end up quitting because they can't hit and can't handle the individual failure. No hiding in baseball like you can hide people in football.

Football is more physical and probably the best team sport. I certainly love watching and loved playing it, that I'll give you, but again, 9 times out of 10, when you dog on other sports, it's usually because you were a failure at them.

I've played and coached all 3, so I respect all 3 for their differences.

ArKSU

Post by ArKSU » December 2nd, 2019, 12:10 pm

After being severely injured my Jr. year in a H.S, football game (lost half the season) I used BasquetteBalle and summer baseball to help rehab for my Sr. year of football.

Baseball builds some horrible habits for football: going down on one knee to catch passes or squibbed kicks and if I described some "habits" developed by some of my teammates, you'd call me a liar and send the people with butterfly nets to come get me. Played 1st base and catcher.

Also played 3/4th BasquetteBalle season to help with rehab but Osgood-Schlatter disease made it very nasty.
A worried man with a worried mind
People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed

kstueve

Post by kstueve » December 2nd, 2019, 12:21 pm

KITNooga wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 11:23 am
Tbonespop wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 10:48 am
T: sorry, I did not say stuff didn't happen in baseball. just not as part of the normal play.

Now, in my mis-spent youth, I caught a lot of baseball games. have been 'freight trained' at home. like to think I gave better than I got.
have been hit with bats, foul tips, etc. but that's no where near what happens, for instance, with outfielders.

yes, baseball CAN be brutal. but as someone who also played basketball and was a post 'banger' I'm tellling you, day in, day out, outside of football, basketball was the next most physical game.

as for soccer: I figure if a guy gets hurt and has to 'lay down/flop' he ought to get 10 minutes on the sidelines before he can re-enter. let them 'recover' there.

:lol:

and of course, if you don't want 'contact' there's always marching/pep band!
Hey now don't diss Marching Band/ Pep Band. Waay back in the day when we marched a Mizzou their fans made it a contact sport in stands. Also we had 4 or 5 blown ACL's amongst 250ish band members from movements on that artificial turf . :D

marching because not ever 5ft6in kid is Darren Sproles.
Last edited by kstueve on December 2nd, 2019, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.