KSU vs ISU

Welcome Chris Klieman to K-State!
PurpleWildcat
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: KSU vs ISU

Post by PurpleWildcat » December 3rd, 2019, 2:21 pm

I don’t know if it is just Lenners or if there are a couple TE’s that do it, but has anybody else noticed how he always slows down and takes the hit instead of trying to deliver the hit and run over the smaller Defensive Back.

Tbonespop
Has liked: 247 times
Been liked: 385 times

Post by Tbonespop » December 3rd, 2019, 6:21 pm

PurpleWildcat wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 2:21 pm
I don’t know if it is just Lenners or if there are a couple TE’s that do it, but has anybody else noticed how he always slows down and takes the hit instead of trying to deliver the hit and run over the smaller Defensive Back.
Yes, he’s too easy to bring down. Just think of Holcombe was catching those balls, what do you think would happen? God bless the kid (Lenners), but start being a hammer and stop being the nail.

KITNooga
Has liked: 297 times
Been liked: 260 times

Post by KITNooga » December 3rd, 2019, 8:33 pm

Tbonespop wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 6:21 pm
PurpleWildcat wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 2:21 pm
Yes, he’s too easy to bring down. Just think of Holcombe was catching those balls, what do you think would happen? God bless the kid (Lenners), but start being a hammer and stop being the nail.
I think the kid has great, soft hands. maybe runs 'inside' his frame and doesn't seem to have a lot of lateral juke. closing in on contact, his steps get small, and to this eye, look tentative. he does fall forward.

and most of all, he's been great as a posession receiver. room to grow on yards after contact, fair to say.

but hey, isn't it just AWESOME that we're talking about a Tight End as a receiver and catching passes?
These users liked KITNooga for the post:
PurpleWildcat (December 3rd, 2019, 9:38 pm)

PurpleWildcat
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by PurpleWildcat » December 3rd, 2019, 9:38 pm

KITNooga wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 8:33 pm
Tbonespop wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 6:21 pm

I think the kid has great, soft hands. maybe runs 'inside' his frame and doesn't seem to have a lot of lateral juke. closing in on contact, his steps get small, and to this eye, look tentative. he does fall forward.

and most of all, he's been great as a posession receiver. room to grow on yards after contact, fair to say.

but hey, isn't it just AWESOME that we're talking about a Tight End as a receiver and catching passes?
I'm with you on that last statement.
These users liked PurpleWildcat for the post:
tmcats (December 4th, 2019, 11:41 am)