KSU vs ISU

The defending Big XII Champions
ArKSU

Re: KSU vs ISU

Post by ArKSU » December 3rd, 2019, 2:04 am

My absolute favorite quote from an ISU player was after the 2017 game which they were supposed to win:

"I Hate those guys."

There is a sense of wholesome completeness when you know there is an entire team that hates your team for kicking their AZZ constantly.
A worried man with a worried mind
People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » December 3rd, 2019, 7:44 am

ArKSU wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 2:04 am
My absolute favorite quote from an ISU player was after the 2017 game which they were supposed to win:

"I Hate those guys."

There is a sense of wholesome completeness when you know there is an entire team that hates your team for kicking their AZZ constantly.
if kicking azz is winning by a TD or less 10 out of 11 times, and coming back from 28 point deficits, then yeah, I guess you could say it that way.

the games have been razor thin in terms of margin of error. that KSU has come out on top so many times is phenomenal. I'd get a little angry thinking about how close we were all those times and failing to 'crest the mountain'.

as fans we've been fortunate to see, and not at all recognizing enough of, the sheer will up and down the line, man to man.` not flashy. not just 'cause we 'out-recruited' ISU position by position. teamwork. team will.

and we're right back to '...the most stubborn sons of ******* in the Big 12...'

dressed out in the best uniforms in football, college or pro. EVER

:evil grin:
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » December 3rd, 2019, 10:19 am

The only explanation of the KSU dominance over the Clone's is....Kavorka!
"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke

Section 12-2

Post by Section 12-2 » December 3rd, 2019, 10:33 am

My wife thinks Iowa State has 'pretty helmets'.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 3rd, 2019, 10:54 am

you know, i think isu chose to short kick the opening kickoff to pin k-state back because there was a howling wind behind the kicker. he could easily have sent that deep into the end zone. isu's special teams aren't.

wright, now to me he's like the wabash cannonball comin' around the bend. on that 4th quarter 30-yard run, he was absolutely smokin', directly at me, around the corner. i wouldn't want to be a corner or safety looking at the train in full steam. and both he and youngblood will be 10-15 pounds bigger next fall.

https://youtu.be/aZiQ89_s67Q
Why is there something rather than nothing?

PurpleWildcat

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleWildcat » December 3rd, 2019, 2:21 pm

I don’t know if it is just Lenners or if there are a couple TE’s that do it, but has anybody else noticed how he always slows down and takes the hit instead of trying to deliver the hit and run over the smaller Defensive Back.

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » December 3rd, 2019, 6:21 pm

PurpleWildcat wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 2:21 pm
I don’t know if it is just Lenners or if there are a couple TE’s that do it, but has anybody else noticed how he always slows down and takes the hit instead of trying to deliver the hit and run over the smaller Defensive Back.
Yes, he’s too easy to bring down. Just think of Holcombe was catching those balls, what do you think would happen? God bless the kid (Lenners), but start being a hammer and stop being the nail.
EMAW

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » December 3rd, 2019, 8:33 pm

Tbonespop wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 6:21 pm
PurpleWildcat wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 2:21 pm
Yes, he’s too easy to bring down. Just think of Holcombe was catching those balls, what do you think would happen? God bless the kid (Lenners), but start being a hammer and stop being the nail.
I think the kid has great, soft hands. maybe runs 'inside' his frame and doesn't seem to have a lot of lateral juke. closing in on contact, his steps get small, and to this eye, look tentative. he does fall forward.

and most of all, he's been great as a posession receiver. room to grow on yards after contact, fair to say.

but hey, isn't it just AWESOME that we're talking about a Tight End as a receiver and catching passes?
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

PurpleWildcat

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleWildcat » December 3rd, 2019, 9:38 pm

KITNooga wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 8:33 pm
Tbonespop wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 6:21 pm

I think the kid has great, soft hands. maybe runs 'inside' his frame and doesn't seem to have a lot of lateral juke. closing in on contact, his steps get small, and to this eye, look tentative. he does fall forward.

and most of all, he's been great as a posession receiver. room to grow on yards after contact, fair to say.

but hey, isn't it just AWESOME that we're talking about a Tight End as a receiver and catching passes?
I'm with you on that last statement.