It's Gene

The defending Big XII Champions
wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Re: It's Gene

Post by wild@nite » October 12th, 2019, 4:15 pm

Fans are for a lifetime. Athletes come and go. Look where the Chiefs practice facility is. Fans are the reason for the season. We have a unique place and a practice facility doesn't need to be right there. These are in shape kids and you're going to be displacing numerous 50-70 year olds.

I think it's BS...
Last edited by wild@nite on October 12th, 2019, 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » October 12th, 2019, 4:30 pm

ToledoCat#2 wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 3:36 pm
All I can say hyper is that KSU's parking for athletic events is light years better than most universities. ISU's is very much like KSU. OU -- nope. OSU-- nope. Nebraska -- you're kidding. Texas -- nope. Tech -- parking garage. Never been to TCU. Missouri --nope. Arkansas -- nope. KU -- a joke.

Hell, KSU can just build a 2 story parking garage on the west side that matches the practice field on the east and you'll have the same # of parking spaces. Include the parking garage in the project costs.
You gonna tailgate in a parking garage?

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » October 12th, 2019, 9:43 pm

ToledoCat#2 wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 3:36 pm
All I can say hyper is that KSU's parking for athletic events is light years better than most universities. ISU's is very much like KSU. OU -- nope. OSU-- nope. Nebraska -- you're kidding. Texas -- nope. Tech -- parking garage. Never been to TCU. Missouri --nope. Arkansas -- nope. KU -- a joke.

Hell, KSU can just build a 2 story parking garage on the west side that matches the practice field on the east and you'll have the same # of parking spaces. Include the parking garage in the project costs.
I've wondered for a long time why KSU doesn't have parking facilities, in limestone, in both parking lots. On the west side there are many empty spots week after week. Not everyone who parks, tailgates. MAYBE there would be a market for just a garage where you just want to park and go in? I fully expect parking spots to increase in price.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » October 12th, 2019, 11:11 pm

All I know is with all of the facility improvements, much made possible by donations, then displacement of a tradition of East side tailgating, we better perform on the field. GT and CK better produce.

Number8son
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Pick 'Em

Post by Number8son » October 13th, 2019, 2:48 am

tmcats wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 10:13 am
you guys do realize that practice facilities are used by athletes 24/7/365 while fans park their cars seven days a year? so, athletes should be walking or biking to their facilities pretty much every day so a few hundred fans can drink beer next to the stadium? give me a break, please. :twisted:
Yea, plop a big building next to the stadium which everybody has to walk around. Makes perfect sense....just like ESPN+.

Enjoy the future! Fan focus all the way!

alwaysacat
Has thanked: 0

Post by alwaysacat » October 13th, 2019, 7:36 am

Most things related to parking have not been thought about too well by the university not just the athletic side. At one point the plan was to have students park at the sports complex and shuttle to campus even. We all know space is limited but the university needs to start thinking 20-30 years ahead instead of 5....all facilities included. It will be interesting how this situation turns out.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » October 13th, 2019, 8:43 am

Number8son wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 2:48 am
tmcats wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 10:13 am
you guys do realize that practice facilities are used by athletes 24/7/365 while fans park their cars seven days a year? so, athletes should be walking or biking to their facilities pretty much every day so a few hundred fans can drink beer next to the stadium? give me a break, please. :twisted:
Yea, plop a big building next to the stadium which everybody has to walk around. Makes perfect sense....just like ESPN+.

Enjoy the future! Fan focus all the way!
oh my yes, we shouldn't have to walk around a limestone building, it might cause us to lose heart. :roll:
Why is there something rather than nothing?

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » October 13th, 2019, 8:45 am

wild@nite wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 11:11 pm
All I know is with all of the facility improvements, much made possible by donations, then displacement of a tradition of East side tailgating, we better perform on the field. GT and CK better produce.
threats from the purple peanut gallery. good lord. we don't even know how many are being 'displaced,' maybe 400 or so?

Why is there something rather than nothing?

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » October 13th, 2019, 9:31 am

tmcats wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 8:45 am
wild@nite wrote:
threats from the purple peanut gallery. good lord. we don't even know how many are being 'displaced,' maybe 400 or so?

Open your checkbooks. Looks like there is need for a cool quarter billion. 😂 Does every sport need its own arena? How about some multipurpose facilities?

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » October 13th, 2019, 9:58 am

tmcats wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 8:45 am
wild@nite wrote:

Not threats. Facts. Displacing anyone just isn't
necessary. It just isn't. Taking more fan space and tradition so the little darlings don't have to walk an extra 300 feet to practice is ridiculous.

The athletes have everything they need. Jesus, when does it stop? It's out of control.