7%
No votes

Total votes: 42

KITNooga

Re: How many ....

Post by KITNooga » December 4th, 2019, 9:06 pm

Ksustephens wrote:
December 4th, 2019, 7:53 pm
I for one don’t really like watching my team getting boat raced like we did against Oregon that one year when we had a lofty record. Beating a solid team on a lesser bowl is much more likely going to bring positive press vs. being overrated and embarrassed on notational tv.
and let me clarify: not afraid of playing anyone. but I've been around the board long enough to know that ANY loss brings out a lot of folks who think we need a new coach, coaches, we recruit poorly, we need a new AD... the list goes on and on.

while there may be truth in much of it, I'll confess to frustration that folks seem not to recognize that it doesn't happen overnight. seems there's a contingent that just can't realize that this IS a process. but they can't separate that from the need for instant gratification.

losses suck. they hurt. I just don't take it out on the coaches, team, players. figure I have a bit of understanding just how hard they had to work not just to get there, but to play every down out there under the lights.

It's a little easier to be a keyboard tiger, channeling our older, 'glory days'. isn't it.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

wazucat

Post by wazucat » December 4th, 2019, 10:02 pm

Sorry I feel this way but ending the season on a loss leaves a bad taste in my mouth, therefore unless we are in the playoffs I would prefer an opponent that is not likely to crush us or boat race us like Oregon a few years back. Also I don't think recruits care about your bowl game unless you are consistently making the playoffs.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 5th, 2019, 12:27 pm

if you win, bowl games are a statement. if you lose, bowl games are an exhibition.
Why is there something rather than nothing?