Mississippi State Game

Welcome Chris Klieman to K-State!
KSUbetcha
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 4 times

Mississippi State Game

Post by KSUbetcha » August 13th, 2019, 11:19 am

Didn't know if anyone on here was planning to attend the KSU vs. MSU game on 14 September 2019. I am currently in Alabama & looking at the possibility of attending the game.

Ran into some Bulldog fans & they said they had some hot shot running back that they're looking to lead their offense. I told them about our new coach & that we'd have a whole new look for them. I'm thinking since MSU is in the SEC, they may be overlooking us a bit, especially since they won at our place last season. Maybe we can catch them off guard, looking for their conference season to begin. I'm just praying we're more prepared for their game than last year. It won't be an easy game anyways.

Hope our Big Boys on the D-line can get after it & clog up those running lanes and allow our linebackers to roam free to make plays. It's all gonna depend on our line play. Go Cats!
These users liked KSUbetcha for the post:
Sancho Panza (August 13th, 2019, 4:22 pm)

wild@nite
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 249 times

Post by wild@nite » August 13th, 2019, 11:30 am

Last year was embarrassing. No disrespect to MSU, but our team was not prepared for that game. Reminded me of the inept performance against Vandy the year before. The ol "stairstepping" into conference play doesn't work against physical teams.

I have a hunch about this game and it's a good one because I think this staff will be more creative offensively than our staff has been the last 2-3 years, and I think our defense will be more physical.
These users liked wild@nite for the post:
KSUbetcha (August 13th, 2019, 11:37 am)

Ksustephens
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Ksustephens » August 13th, 2019, 1:26 pm

Starting to get into football now - I love the Cats but damn you know that MSU lines are gonna dominate KSU and pretty much play in our backfield. SEC caliber athletes are just better than ours period there is no comparison. And playing down there omg - but past that game I think we will win the other two non-cons and 4 conference games and get bowl eligible again
These users liked Ksustephens for the post:
Jax (August 13th, 2019, 1:30 pm)

Jax
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by Jax » August 13th, 2019, 1:57 pm

Ksustephens wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 1:26 pm
Starting to get into football now - I love the Cats but damn you know that MSU lines are gonna dominate KSU and pretty much play in our backfield. SEC caliber athletes are just better than ours period there is no comparison. And playing down there omg - but past that game I think we will win the other two non-cons and 4 conference games and get bowl eligible again
I would like no more than to see that happen but after the first 2 games, I can see K-State going 0-5. KU played the Cats close in Manhattan last year, and we don't know what to expect right now under Miles. But it is in Lawrence.

If my predictions are close, the Cats may have to win 4 of its last 5 games to become bowl eligible. In past years that has been doable, but this year they finish in Austin (UT is a different team than the past 10 years), in Lubbock (TTU does not have home field advantage, but we have not won in Lubbock in a while), and unless their season goes off the rails, ISU will not be a cake walk.
We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are. - Anais Nin

MileHighWillie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by MileHighWillie » August 13th, 2019, 4:53 pm

Don’t know what you’re talking about but we beat tech at home last year and at their house the year before. Technically I guess you’re right because we haven’t won there in almost 2 years. Then again Lubbock isn’t our home city so we only play there every other year

AJcat7755
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 120 times

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » August 13th, 2019, 5:04 pm

MileHighWillie wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 4:53 pm
Don’t know what you’re talking about but we beat tech at home last year and at their house the year before. Technically I guess you’re right because we haven’t won there in almost 2 years. Then again Lubbock isn’t our home city so we only play there every other year
K-State has beat Tech 3 times in a row (2 home/1 away), and 7 out of the last 8 years including 3 wins on the road. The one loss, it was Mahomes vs Hubener, so you can tell how that would turn out. Yet somehow, down 11, K-State recovered an onside kick and got their FG. They couldn't get a 2nd onside kick and TTU put the game away with a late TD.

Prior to 2015, the last time K-State lost to TTU in Lubbock was 2009.

As for KU, they play K-State game 9. If things go as Vegas thinks, at best KU will be 3-5 coming into that game, but more likely 2-6 as K-State is one of the predicted wins. Anyone think that Memorial is going to have much of a home field advantage at 2-6 with only 2 home games left? KU basketball will have already started with 2 exhibitions and Duke 3 days after this football game, think KU fans will be caring about a football team? Hell, the spread for their FCS team is only 3.5 points right now. Imagine what happens if they were to lose their opener. I guess the could still win out at 2-6 and make a bowl, but their fan apathy seems like they would have already given up. That stadium will be at least 50% KSU, even if KSU is 2-5.

TCU, at home, with a BYE week prior to it. TCU also has a BYE, but they would be traveling for the game, and they would have traveled before the BYE. They have a strong defense, but how would you feel about K-State if Delton had stayed and Thompson left? If Delton is still starting for TCU at that point, that probably isn't ideal for TCU. Outside of KU, TCU seems like the most winnable Big 12 game seeing how the schedule sets up.
Last edited by AJcat7755 on August 13th, 2019, 5:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

wild@nite
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 249 times

Post by wild@nite » August 13th, 2019, 5:10 pm

Ksustephens wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 1:26 pm
They lost some absolute studs. 6 defensive players and 3 DL to the NFL, plus 1 safety to the NFL. 2 first round picks. They also lost their starting QB. They are tough at home, but we will have a tougher mentality, imo. This will be a tight ballgame I think, because we were too predictable last year and just let absolute studs go make plays against us. It won't be as predictable for their athletes this year. Just one man's opinion.

MileHighWillie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by MileHighWillie » August 13th, 2019, 5:13 pm

Thanks for proving my point aj. Jax can’t get simple facts right and I will be nice and not comment on his stupid predictions

Sancho Panza
Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Sancho Panza » August 13th, 2019, 8:35 pm

https://247sports.com/college/mississip ... 134427355/

Kylin Hill is the RB mentioned by the OP.

He had a good day at KSU last year.
HAIL STATE!!!

bhoovy
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 98 times

Post by bhoovy » August 13th, 2019, 8:57 pm

I get sick and tired of the SEC hype. Bama got it handed to them by Clemson. UT took it to Georgia and I don’t care to hear any talk about them not being motivated. They weren’t bumped all that way down to the Alamo bowl against a 4th-5th place conference team.

I was at the MSU game last year and I really felt it was our lack of any type of creativity or willing to make one qb the guy from the get go. And our D played pretty well with the exception of a handful of downs. MSU had two big runs that were killers and our offense didn’t give them much rest.

While I wasn’t for the Klieman hire I do think he’ll have them better prepared than we were for the game last year. I don’t think he’s going to somewhat dismiss non-con games like we have much in the past. He’s not looking to concede anything to anyone and will not hold back on the playbook trying to get the win.

Not predicting a win but not whining and crying the SEC teams are too much for us. Go kick their backside coach K and Cats.
These users liked bhoovy for the post (total 2):
stlcatfan (August 13th, 2019, 9:10 pm) • blyne3 (August 14th, 2019, 11:44 am)