Survey of the Big 12

Welcome Chris Klieman to K-State!
tmcats
Has liked: 582 times
Been liked: 361 times

Pick 'Em

Re: Survey of the Big 12

Post by tmcats » August 13th, 2019, 3:09 pm

i find myself being much more optimistic than the jaxs of the world and there's plenty with him in that dark purple closet these days, quite weberesque in many ways. first, a 4* quarterback coming into his junior year promises to give k-state an edge on most teams at the most critical position. second, both the offense and defensive lines are journeymen. experience and talent in the lines oft times decides the outcome in the fourth quarter. third, special teams kick games should be more than solid. most importantly, i believe we have the potential for a serious coaching upgrade. i couldn't tell you who was making the calls after dimel left. but whoever, they were generally slow and ineffective. ck getting rid of the two-quarterback nonsense can only help. finally, adding two senior running backs from unc and ball may cover for losing barnes, who obviously should have stayed his senior year, but we'll have to see on brown and gilbert. bowl eligibility and beat ku!
    These users liked tmcats for the post:
    stlcatfan (August 13th, 2019, 5:50 pm)
    "There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK

AJcat7755
    Has liked: 15 times
    Been liked: 120 times

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » August 13th, 2019, 3:25 pm

tmcats wrote:
    August 13th, 2019, 3:09 pm
      i find myself being much more optimistic than the jaxs of the world and there's plenty with him in that dark purple closet these days, quite weberesque in many ways. first, a 4* quarterback coming into his junior year promises to give k-state an edge on most teams at the most critical position. second, both the offense and defensive lines are journeymen. experience and talent in the lines oft times decides the outcome in the fourth quarter. third, special teams kick games should be more than solid. most importantly, i believe we have the potential for a serious coaching upgrade. i couldn't tell you who was making the calls after dimel left. but whoever, they were generally slow and ineffective. ck getting rid of the two-quarterback nonsense can only help. finally, adding two senior running backs from unc and ball may cover for losing barnes, who obviously should have stayed his senior year, but we'll have to see on brown and gilbert.
      My old school mentality is that games are won or lost based on the trenches. K-State has experience and talent on both sides of the ball there. That makes things incredibly easier and covers up a lot of gaps in other positions as a result.
      These users liked AJcat7755 for the post (total 2):
      stlcatfan (August 13th, 2019, 5:51 pm) • tmcats (August 13th, 2019, 6:47 pm)