WR Group

The defending Big XII Champions
ksustars754
Has thanked: 0

WR Group

Post by ksustars754 » July 14th, 2019, 10:52 am

Ok so the WRs are another interesting position group with 2 of the Top 4 projected leaving the program over spring/summer. Even with losing those guys, I still think it can be a decent season for them.

1. Dalton Schoen - An extremely disappointing 2018 season with a ton of drops and didn’t come up with the 50/50 balls either (not technically drops but could’ve been catches). I see him shaking that season off and leading the team in yards in 2019.
2. Malik Knowles - By the end of 2018, it was easy to see Knowles was the best WR on the team. He runs great routes and he’s very sudden in and out of his breaks. He’s gonna be very very good. I can’t wait to see where his career goes. I think he leads the team in catches in 2019.
3. Wykeen Gill - Intrigued from what I’ve seen from him. Perfect slot type of WR and might be able to get some good matchups
4. Chabastian Taylor - Great size and showed some serious flashes last year. I’m hoping he can improve his consistency.
5. Others - Youngblood, Garber, Brooks, Weber. Obviously unproven but I could see one of them popping up and contributing.

The 2 guys leaving hurts depth but honestly I was not a big Zuber fan and Rison obviously is a bad dude so good riddance. I think Knowles has a chance to be a great player for KState and I’m excited to watch him in 2019.

What do you guys think about the WRs?

iowa_wildcat

Post by iowa_wildcat » July 14th, 2019, 11:18 am

If Taylor gets his head into the game and becomes consistent, life will become much easier and simpler for the other receivers. With Chabastian's speed, size, and strength, he would demand double coverage which would open up both the running and passing game.
Last edited by iowa_wildcat on July 14th, 2019, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Texan4KSU

Post by Texan4KSU » July 14th, 2019, 11:41 am

I think Taylor could be our x factor with his size, he appears to have a lot of potential. Knowles and Gill I think will make big steps in improvement. If we actually throw to and utilize the tight end and the rb this group will look much better than many of us probably expect.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » July 14th, 2019, 12:14 pm

As disappointing as it may seem to lose two of our best receivers, I think it presents a great opportunity for some of the young guys to step up. I am looking forward to watching those guys grow over the next couple of seasons.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » July 14th, 2019, 8:12 pm

I think we will be just fine. If Rison's last name wasn't Rison and had he not had a former NFL dad, we wouldn't be discussing it for more than 2-3 pages. There was no evidence that he was the next Jordy or Lockett - none at all. Zuber was good, but not great by any means. Easily replaceable and it sounds like he was struggling with the fact that he had to work for his starting position - which tells me something about the Snyder staff and how they chose who they put on the field (they seemed to reward players for seniority and time in the program over pure talent). How many times did we have discussions about certain players not seeing more PT and when they did get PT, they were highly effective, then to get pulled out of the game. Lots of head scratching decisions in Snyder 2.0. No offense to Sizelove, I appreciate his effort and dedication to the program. But it was remedial to see how much better Hughes was than Sizelove last year. Yes, Hughes needed some time to learn a little more. It took an injury to Sizelove to get Hughes reps (Sizelove injury forced the staff to play Hughes) and he turned out to be much better. How many more players should have been on the field in the last few years that weren't? I can think of many. That's why I think we will be just fine at WR. We have lots of options and WR is an easy position to come in and play at as a true freshman - its not hard to learn the position, plays, calls, routes, etc.

The exact same thing could be said for the RB position.

The #1 position the staff should be focused on developing is the QB position after Thompson. After that, they should be focused on Safety and inside LB. Those are the top 3 "thinking" positions on the field and are the hardest to transition to. Center is up there too.
EMAW

farrout10

Post by farrout10 » July 14th, 2019, 8:49 pm

Nice input!