Woman beater Pooka suspended for a whole...

The defending Big XII Champions
purogato
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Woman beater Pooka suspended for a whole...

Post by purogato » July 8th, 2019, 3:26 pm

YEAR!!!

No wait I misread that. GAME!

Good grief. Les Miles really laying down the law over there. Where are the Lawrence liberals screaming about domestic violence?

Texan4KSU

Post by Texan4KSU » July 8th, 2019, 5:42 pm

More of the same, not really a surprise unfortunately. 1 game, Indiana State. Total laugher, but what did anyone expect.......

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » July 8th, 2019, 6:15 pm

That'll teach him a lesson....don't leave any witnesses.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » July 8th, 2019, 7:35 pm

I'm sure Miles would have given a 4th string walk-on the same punishment. :wink:
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » July 9th, 2019, 9:03 am

The running game is really all KU has to go for them this year, is it any surprise they would do whatever to keep that intact?

KU losses their top 4 WRs. So they will be running out a possession WR in Robinson and Charlot which hasn't done anything since coming in from Alabama and some JUCOs.

Who will be passing to these WRs? JUCO MacVittie may have been one of the top JUCO QBs in 2019, but it's all relative. Compare him to the top JUCO QBs in the past 5 years, he would rank 13th.

Jake Waters had a higher recruiting ranking then MacVittie for comparison. It's hard to compare JUCO stats, but MacVittie only played in 6 JUCO games, threw for 1064 yards (177 ypg), 16 TD and 8 INT for a 53.5% completion percentage and to add in 41 rushes for 252 yards (6.1 ypc) for 4 TDs with 3 fumbles. Compared to Waters 11 games, 2659 yards (241 ypg), 26 TD and 6 INT and 63% completion percentage and add in 56 carries for 354 yards (6.3 ypc) for 11 TDs and ?? Fumbles. If those stats are anything to go by, which is really hard to do at the JUCO level, MacVittie doesn't appear to like he will be at what Waters was, and Waters also had a Lockett to throw to.

They may run more of a old K-State zone read offense, but if there is no passing threat, it's hard to open up the space for the running game. Their returning line is also very big, but not as agile, as it wasn't built for movement. Will that be an issue in a zone read style offense? Williams is much better in the open space then he is in a traditional RB between the tackles role, so can they get him in the open space? I imagine teams will just load up the box and dare KU to try and pass the ball, taking the ball out of Williams hands, unless he goes out in space for catches. You also have a year of tape on Williams now, so teams in theory will have a better idea on what his abilities are and how to defend him, however, he may be used differently.

That's not to mention the other side of the ball on defense. They lose 5 of the top 6 tacklers, and only return 1 lineman. They lose both starting LBs. So the front 7 is a lot of unknowns and some more JUCOs. They do have some experience in the secondary, but if teams are having a field day running the ball, they won't have to throw much. So if KU can stop other teams from scoring, KU will have to try and pass to keep up, and see above why that could be an issue. I think KU will actually have a better chance defensively against spread offense teams that get the ball out quick because that really won't take advantage of KU's lack of a front 7. But teams that want to run the ball, behind a powerful O-Line and many RBs, will negate their experience in the secondary.

Miles approach to 2019 seems to be to fill the team with JUCOs and try and get a few wins to build excitement for 2020, which has it's own many holes to fill. Bringing in a new coach is one thing, but a new coach that has a ton of roster issues to fix and not a lot to build around, of course he is going to to whatever to keep the one player that they have that can be dynamic. There is a reason Vegas set KU's line at 3.5 wins. Give them the 2 OOC games, and that means they are predicted to win 1 conference game, and possibly another. We will see real fast if they can't be competitive at a middle tier P5 school in Boston College.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » July 9th, 2019, 9:59 am

Not really surprised, but I also don’t know all the specifics about his incident to be able to say whether the punishment fits the crime or not.

I do seem to remember when we had Patton, who was expected to do big things at the rb position and he was completely dismissed from the program. Can’t remember if it was exactly the same type of domestic issue or not, but i believe it was Prince who was the coach that let him go and it was going to be a big blow to the KSU offense and run game, so.......

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » July 9th, 2019, 10:10 am

Leon Patton shook a baby, I believe. Regardless, if you put your hands on a baby or a female, the message needs to be strong. This message is, "We have to something to keep the public off our ass". That is KU though.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » July 9th, 2019, 12:43 pm

Ku discipline and ethics are despicable.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » July 9th, 2019, 1:22 pm

He is supposedly on probation till he graduates. Let's see what happens if there is a repeat incident, or if Williams has a good SO year and just decides to transfer to a better school and to escape his probation.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » July 9th, 2019, 2:49 pm

I think Patton did some serious damage to the baby.