The defending Big XII Champions
stlcatfan

New Commit - JoJo Wilson (DB)

Post by stlcatfan » June 13th, 2019, 4:26 pm

Welcome Jojo! :thumbsup:
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

ArKSU

Post by ArKSU » June 13th, 2019, 10:28 pm

"My name is 'Jojo' Wilson," he said, "and I'm committed to Kansas State. Go Wildcats."

A 6-foot-1, 178-pound defender, Wilson picked K-State over offers from in-state rival Kansas as well as Arizona, Oregon State and Houston.

Rivals and 247Sports both rate Wilson as a three-star prospect. The sites also ranked him among the top 150 players in Texas for 2020, with Rivals (113) slightly higher than 247Sports (144).

K-State's dozen commits for 2020 are the most in the Big 12, one more than Oklahoma. :o Wilson is the fifth player in the 2020 class from Texas to commit to the Wildcats, and fourth in eight days.

Welcome Joseph "Jojo" Wilson :thumbsup:
A worried man with a worried mind
People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » June 14th, 2019, 9:49 am

i suppose having lots of commits is interesting because it's so different here, but it's, obviously, not telling. these look to be good quality athletes. and getting them early is better than how bill did it, presumably. but ranking based mostly on quantity is a little silly, isn't it. everyone will fill out their rosters at some point in time.

anyway, welcome, jojo. :clap:
Why is there something rather than nothing?

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » June 14th, 2019, 10:18 am

Agreed. It's just nice to not have to scramble to fill schollies with plan B players.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » June 14th, 2019, 12:37 pm

tmcats wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 9:49 am
i suppose having lots of commits is interesting because it's so different here, but it's, obviously, not telling. these look to be good quality athletes. and getting them early is better than how bill did it, presumably. but ranking based mostly on quantity is a little silly, isn't it. everyone will fill out their rosters at some point in time.

anyway, welcome, jojo. :clap:
When the overall rating of players is higher then the average class rating in the past, that is a good thing.

Filling out the class early, and then getting them to sign, is good because it allows the staff to put more focus on the last X to fill out the class instead of spreading out the focus.

Also helps know what you have, to help focus on what you will need going forward instead of working with a lot of unknowns.

Commits also help get additional commits to get on board. See all the Houston players as an easy example. The more players you get in, the more they try to get their buddies in, and the better chance they all stay.

Not to mention that this class could be 25-27 members in it, so that would be hard to do all at the last cycle.
Last edited by AJcat7755 on June 15th, 2019, 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ArKSU

Post by ArKSU » June 15th, 2019, 8:20 am

When the overall rating of players is higher then[than] the average class rating in the pass[past], that is a good thing.

Filling out the class early, and then getting them to sign, is good because it allows the staff to put more focus on the last X to fill out the class instead of spreading out the focus.

Also helps[to] know what you have, to help focus on what you will need going forward instead of working with a lot of unknowns.

Commits also help get additional commits to get on board. See all the Houston players as an easy example. The more players you get in, the more they try to get their buddies in, and the better chance they all stay.

Not to mention that this class could be 25-27 members in it, so that would be hard to do all at the last cycle.
A worried man with a worried mind
People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed

RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » June 15th, 2019, 9:37 pm

I am pretty happy with the recent success in getting Texas players.
"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke