Well the votes are in and we have the worst Head Coach

The defending Big XII Champions
Watutalkaboutwillis

Pick 'Em

Re: Well the votes are in and we have the worst Head Coach

Post by Watutalkaboutwillis » May 22nd, 2019, 1:07 pm

I think he is a good fit. We will see if it returns in wins. Scottie hazelton might be the best of the bunch. I don't know that he would be a great head coach, but as a DC, i think this will be very good for us, I have more confidence in the D than I do the O right now. Hope the fan base can give these guys time to build it back up. We are really thin depth wise. i really like how they are getting after it recruiting. Hope it pans out. They seem to be offering different guys every day. they offered a 2021 QB! Never thought we would see a day they offer someone that far out.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » May 22nd, 2019, 1:34 pm

AJcat7755 wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 11:27 am
To be fair, he does have the least experience in the P5 level, let alone the FBS level. He will need to prove it to move up these lists.

On the flip side, would Lincoln Riley be as successful had he come up the G5 ranks instead of being handed the golden goose with Stoops retiring early and leaving a Hesiman QB and loaded team in his lap? He did it again, and could do it again with Hurts, but part of me wonders if that he was setup for extreme success and that success is giving him future success, but how much of that is him and how much is it OU?

We will also see if Miles still has it, or is over the hill and outdated. He is a good salesmen, but can he still coach, and can he coach at a school with less resources then he had at LSU or even OSU?
I agree with you AJ.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » May 22nd, 2019, 1:39 pm

tmcats wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 11:29 am
for those who trust the media and fret about what they say, read this piece. it's the reason i so loathe some of these people. most probably sniffed a jock strap as children but never wore one on the field of play. but somehow they are positioned to make judgments about coaches that are superior to our own because they got a j degree at missouri or syracuse.

https://www.foxsports.com/college-baske ... ble-040112

(Bruce Weber) has a reputation for being as clean as any coach ... But to win in Manhattan – to bring in players and win in one of the least desirable college towns in America – you need a certain kind of guy. And that is not, and will never be, Weber. It’s simply a bad fit.
Great memory and find TM. I was one who was rather disappointed with the Weber hire to say the least. And still had my doubts before last year. But I have always tried to give him time and also hoped he’d have success. I’m probably much in the same boat with Klieman and hoping in time I’m also very happy with this hire.

JOKKO

Post by JOKKO » May 22nd, 2019, 4:04 pm

It's probably a fair list...now. He doesn't have any D1 experience and all the others do and all of the others have had success in D1. I think he is way more of a TBD guy at the moment, or to give any kind of letter grade, an incomplete.

Of the "national" pundits I have heard on the radio, they all have admitted to currently having Miles higher than CK, but they all have also admitted that it is just where they are both coming from. They all seemed to believe in CK more than LM, but the resume just is not there yet, thus that is why he is rated low.

I know this gets people worked up, but all of the coaches have to be put somewhere from 1-10. Much like star rankings, I just let it roll off my back and look forward to seeing what actually happens on the field.

Btw, AJCat nailed it on Riley though. He was given the keys to a Ferrari and has only been there 2 years...of course he hasn't done anything wrong yet either.

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » May 25th, 2019, 11:47 am

K just needs to be able to recruit well, and kstate will be okay

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » May 25th, 2019, 3:28 pm

Let's play ball.

powercat5000

Post by powercat5000 » May 25th, 2019, 4:00 pm

JOKKO wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 4:04 pm
It's probably a fair list...now. He doesn't have any D1 experience and all the others do and all of the others have had success in D1. I think he is way more of a TBD guy at the moment, or to give any kind of letter grade, an incomplete.

Of the "national" pundits I have heard on the radio, they all have admitted to currently having Miles higher than CK, but they all have also admitted that it is just where they are both coming from. They all seemed to believe in CK more than LM, but the resume just is not there yet, thus that is why he is rated low.

I know this gets people worked up, but all of the coaches have to be put somewhere from 1-10. Much like star rankings, I just let it roll off my back and look forward to seeing what actually happens on the field.

Btw, AJCat nailed it on Riley though. He was given the keys to a Ferrari and has only been there 2 years...of course he hasn't done anything wrong yet either.
I agree on about everything you mentioned, Klieman is highly successful but the fcs is looked down upon so in turn he’s rated #10. I don’t think in game coaching will be an issue and I like his recruiting so far for the most part, I just need to see some o and d lineman commitments to go along with the speed he’s getting!
Our Freedom Does Not End where Fear Begins

ArKSU

Post by ArKSU » May 27th, 2019, 12:37 am

Speed either is or isn't.

Linemen are made, not born.
A worried man with a worried mind
People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » May 27th, 2019, 8:55 am

stlcatfan wrote:
May 21st, 2019, 10:08 pm
Yeah, and these guys are always so accurate in their projections. ;-)
did anyone REALLY expect different? new guy. who else you gonna put on the bottom/top of that pile?
it's a tough league. plus look at what we've lost (risner, rison, zuber, etc). out and out it's a pure guess and based a lot on how they see teams shaking out in the final standings.

would we really put an FCS coach (K) over 'Les is More'?

just going to have to wait and see how it plays out.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

iowa_wildcat

Post by iowa_wildcat » May 27th, 2019, 11:00 pm

Deleted my post.