Rison

The defending Big XII Champions
WIldWIllieCat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Rison

Post by WIldWIllieCat » April 24th, 2019, 5:12 pm

It is kind of interesting to sit back and observe what kids we're allowed to "speculate" on and which ones we aren't. :popcorn:

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » April 24th, 2019, 9:28 pm

Stop and Pop wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 12:43 pm
Not a Mich St fan. Not a K St., fan either, but nor am I a hater of K St. Have always respected K St Athletics and I personally know several past and present athletes of K St. from a variety of sports. It's interesting how some of you want to reserve judgment here but attempt to label and attack me when none of you know me. I do know people close to this incident and am more aware of what took place than what you are reading in an article or on a message board. We'll let it play out in court and then we can discuss later when it's all laid on the table.
If you are really close to this situation, it would be advisable to avoid going any further on social media. If there are facts to the case, let it play out in court. Rison has been suspended indefinitely from KSU and football. The process needs to play itself out legally. I've personally seen lives on both sides of a domestic violence issue impact people - falsely accused and others legitimately abused. I've learned that the process needs to play itself out. Justice will be served.
EMAW

mustang

Post by mustang » April 24th, 2019, 9:35 pm

WIldWIllieCat wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 5:12 pm
It is kind of interesting to sit back and observe what kids we're allowed to "speculate" on and which ones we aren't. :popcorn:
Agree, I don't remember this sit back and wait attitude in regard to KU players and their brushes with the law.

WIldWIllieCat

Post by WIldWIllieCat » April 24th, 2019, 9:43 pm

Well, to be fair, KU is a cesspool.

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » April 25th, 2019, 1:11 am

mustang wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 9:35 pm
WIldWIllieCat wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 5:12 pm
Agree, I don't remember this sit back and wait attitude in regard to KU players and their brushes with the law.
Rison is suspended from school and the team pending legal investigation. The only wait and see attitude is with respect to his legal issues. At KU, most of the players were still in school and some still playing while the matters were being addressed behind the scenes. There's a big difference.
EMAW

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » April 25th, 2019, 5:21 am

Tbonespop wrote:
April 25th, 2019, 1:11 am
Rison is suspended from school and the team pending legal investigation. The only wait and see attitude is with respect to his legal issues. At KU, most of the players were still in school and some still playing while the matters were being addressed behind the scenes. There's a big difference.
hoping best for all involved. thanks T, for common sense, respectful thoughts on this situation.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

kinsleycat

Post by kinsleycat » April 25th, 2019, 7:17 am

I didn't realize he was suspended from school. That doesn't seem to bode well for him.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » April 25th, 2019, 10:10 am

Stop and Pop wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 12:43 pm
Not a Mich St fan. Not a K St., fan either, but nor am I a hater of K St. Have always respected K St Athletics and I personally know several past and present athletes of K St. from a variety of sports. It's interesting how some of you want to reserve judgment here but attempt to label and attack me when none of you know me. I do know people close to this incident and am more aware of what took place than what you are reading in an article or on a message board. We'll let it play out in court and then we can discuss later when it's all laid on the table.
So "friends with the victim" it is.

You have come to a K-State message board, not as a fan of K-State, or even a fan of an opposing team upcoming, but just to comment about a player under suspension and are curious why your intentions are being questioned.

Interesting that you know more about what is on a message board, which you are actively seeking out for the first time to come post on that you know more about everyone on the message board, but not providing any information to prove that is true. Without anything tangible, you are no different then any other poster on message board you claim you know more then. We can't trust your word more then any others because there is no credibility. All we have right now is what has been released. You may be right on, but how can you prove that?
Last edited by AJcat7755 on July 10th, 2019, 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Preacher_Cat

Post by Preacher_Cat » April 27th, 2019, 11:25 am

We can all sit here and play like we know this or that, claim to have inside info, or jump to conclusions .... let’s not forget innocent till proven guilty, and how this can ruin lives no matter what the outcome may be.....

mustang

Post by mustang » May 1st, 2019, 9:23 am

Tbonespop wrote:
April 25th, 2019, 1:11 am
mustang wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 9:35 pm

He is suspended from what? Not really missing any games or practices now.