pay to watch has come to k-state and b12 ...

The defending Big XII Champions
stlcatfan

Re: pay to watch has come to k-state and b12 ...

Post by stlcatfan » April 27th, 2019, 9:50 am

ksuatheart wrote:
April 27th, 2019, 7:21 am
Right now, ESPN is double dipping with the fee for ESPN+ plus the money from the cable subscription, a person would be paying about $12 per month not including the rest of the cable package. ESPN isn't going to allow ESPN+ subscribers to get access to the cable content for no additional cost because it would probably significantly reduce the number of people subscribing through the cable company and reduce their income accordingly. Also, that would probably tick off the cable companies who would lose the revenue of millions of people dropping their cable package. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening soon.
Last summer, I lowered my U-Verse package from U-200 to U-Basic, which is primarily local channels plus a few other channels that no one watches. I rarely watch TV and could no longer justify spending all that money every month to catch a few K-State and Big 12 games on ESPN and FS1, especially when some games were still available on local channels.

I will be definitely looking into getting ESPN+ since they are creating a special Big 12 platform on that channel for just $5/month. That seems reasonable to me, even if it does not include the top "tier" games. I need to do more research on it, though.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln