Beaty Sues for Breach of Contract

Welcome Chris Klieman to K-State!
User avatar
Mauser
Moderator
Posts: 679
Joined: September 5th, 2017, 3:45 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Beaty Sues for Breach of Contract

Post by Mauser » March 13th, 2019, 7:06 pm

KU is the gift that keeps on giving this year.
These users liked Mauser for the post:
stlcatfan (March 13th, 2019, 9:12 pm)

PurpleOnWhite
Posts: 619
Joined: September 8th, 2017, 10:36 am
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by PurpleOnWhite » March 13th, 2019, 7:13 pm

This is a planned distraction from the looming early ncaa exit and pending enforcement hammer.

stlcatfan
Posts: 1344
Joined: September 9th, 2017, 7:45 am
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by stlcatfan » March 13th, 2019, 9:16 pm

kinsleycat wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 4:31 pm
Is this right?
In an attempt to avoid paying a severance payout, KU self reports a violation to retroactively change Beaty's status to fired with cause. Even though they escaped with a slap on the wrist for cheating under Mangino. Mangino even said that KU wouldn't miss one scholarship. It seems to me that they're playing with fire. If the NCAA discovers violations they may decide to throw the book at KU this time based on their recent cheating under Mangino. Recidivism.

Or perhaps they're trying to set a precedent for firing Bill Self after the NCAA completes the report on basketball corruption this summer. I bet $Bill's buyout is larger than the 3 million their trying to save on football.
I knew Mangino got in trouble for the way he treated his players while at KU, but I guess I missed the part about his cheating. What did his cheating entail? TIA.

kinsleycat
Posts: 1431
Joined: September 4th, 2013, 8:42 pm
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by kinsleycat » March 13th, 2019, 10:09 pm

Ku was woefully understaffed in the compliance office while Mangino was their coach. So, we don't know what all they got away with. But we do know that a grad assistant got caught supplying test answers to juco recruits in order to get them eligible. About the same time a booster was caught supplying extra benefits to Darnell Jackson. Again KU didn't have a compliance officer. So they ended up taking 2 scholarships away from women's basketball as punishment Not to mention how many drug tests Aqib Talib failed before they finally made him sit out a game. To be fair to Mangino, he claimed he didn't know anything about the cheating on tests, Plausible deniability

To me, refusing to hire a compliance officer screams LOIC and deserved a harsh punishment. It seems like KU is poking the bear this time. It might come back to bite them.

wild@nite
Posts: 1789
Joined: February 28th, 2018, 1:35 pm
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 230 times

Post by wild@nite » March 14th, 2019, 12:19 am

kinsleycat wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 10:09 pm
Ku was woefully understaffed in the compliance office while Mangino was their coach. So, we don't know what all they got away with. But we do know that a grad assistant got caught supplying test answers to juco recruits in order to get them eligible. About the same time a booster was caught supplying extra benefits to Darnell Jackson. Again KU didn't have a compliance officer. So they ended up taking 2 scholarships away from women's basketball as punishment Not to mention how many drug tests Aqib Talib failed before they finally made him sit out a game. To be fair to Mangino, he claimed he didn't know anything about the cheating on tests, Plausible deniability

To me, refusing to hire a compliance officer screams LOIC and deserved a harsh punishment. It seems like KU is poking the bear this time. It might come back to bite them.
If memory serves me correctly, Mitch Running was one of the fall guys for the test fiasco. He left and became a state trooper in Montana or Idaho, I believe.

stlcatfan
Posts: 1344
Joined: September 9th, 2017, 7:45 am
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by stlcatfan » March 14th, 2019, 6:04 am

kinsleycat wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 10:09 pm
Ku was woefully understaffed in the compliance office while Mangino was their coach. So, we don't know what all they got away with. But we do know that a grad assistant got caught supplying test answers to juco recruits in order to get them eligible. About the same time a booster was caught supplying extra benefits to Darnell Jackson. Again KU didn't have a compliance officer. So they ended up taking 2 scholarships away from women's basketball as punishment Not to mention how many drug tests Aqib Talib failed before they finally made him sit out a game. To be fair to Mangino, he claimed he didn't know anything about the cheating on tests, Plausible deniability

To me, refusing to hire a compliance officer screams LOIC and deserved a harsh punishment. It seems like KU is poking the bear this time. It might come back to bite them.
So let me get this straight. The football program was caught cheating, but they punished the women's basketball program for it? That would be like me as a kid getting caught taking cookies out of the cookie jar, but my little brother getting punished for it. (smh)

Thanks.

ksume2000
Posts: 89
Joined: October 1st, 2017, 10:56 am
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by ksume2000 » March 14th, 2019, 10:08 am

So, by reporting this football violation to get out of paying Beaty, aren't they setting themselves up to get really hammered when the basketball investigation wraps up. Multiple violations in multiple sports in the same year seems like a big deal, and much harder to spin off as being a victim of a shoe company.

KsJoey
Posts: 1067
Joined: October 4th, 2017, 10:21 am
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by KsJoey » March 14th, 2019, 10:24 am

So KU has to dig up enough NCAA violations on ITSELF, to attempt to void a contract and save up to 3 mil. This could get interesting. Sounds like something that will be drug through the news for a long time to come.

What an absolutely ridiculous/inept athletic dept.

hilltopwildcat
Posts: 3429
Joined: September 4th, 2013, 12:52 am
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by hilltopwildcat » March 14th, 2019, 12:17 pm

ksume2000 wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 10:08 am
So, by reporting this football violation to get out of paying Beaty, aren't they setting themselves up to get really hammered when the basketball investigation wraps up. Multiple violations in multiple sports in the same year seems like a big deal, and much harder to spin off as being a victim of a shoe company.
Beatty VICTIMIZED the squawks.

wild@nite
Posts: 1789
Joined: February 28th, 2018, 1:35 pm
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 230 times

Post by wild@nite » March 14th, 2019, 12:41 pm

KsJoey wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 10:24 am
So KU has to dig up enough NCAA violations on ITSELF, to attempt to void a contract and save up to 3 mil. This could get interesting. Sounds like something that will be drug through the news for a long time to come.

What an absolutely ridiculous/inept athletic dept.
Oh, but they are classy all the way. Ask them.

Post Reply