Alex Delton

The defending Big XII Champions
KSURFC8
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Alex Delton

Post by KSURFC8 » March 5th, 2019, 12:43 pm

I wish him well and hope everything works out for him. I certainly hope his career doesn't end up like D. Sams did.

Having said that, I'm not too worried about him beating us. If he was that good, he'd still be at KSU. Doesn't mean I'm sold on Thompson being that much better, just enough to beat him out. That isn't saying much either.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » March 5th, 2019, 1:10 pm

KSURFC8 wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 12:43 pm
I wish him well and hope everything works out for him. I certainly hope his career doesn't end up like D. Sams did.

Having said that, I'm not too worried about him beating us. If he was that good, he'd still be at KSU. Doesn't mean I'm sold on Thompson being that much better, just enough to beat him out. That isn't saying much either.
Along the same lines that if Delton was that good, he would still be at KSU, I believe that if Sams had P5 talent, a P5 team would have picked him up or at the very least a G5 team, but that may be an unpopular opinion. If he was talented enough to play at the P5 level, he should have been better then 48% completion rating and a 20TD/13 INT ration at McNeese State. He always had the speed, shiftiness and elusiveness to run with the ball, but he never developed as a competent passer. Maybe that was as result of the team around him at McNeeese State, but if he had the skills, I would have thought he would have done much better at a lower level.

Not to mention that Sams might have been missing some maturity issues and hanging out with the wrong crowd judging by his legal issues after his playing days. It is unfortunate that he ended up in this spot because it makes you wonder what could have happened differently if he stayed as a backup in Manhattan instead of trying to change positions to get on the field or transferring to get a start elsewhere. He probably would have been the starter in 2015 instead of Hubener.

http://www.kplctv.com/story/33636631/th ... -invasion/
http://www.jcpost.com/2016/08/29/police ... on-murder/

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » March 5th, 2019, 9:24 pm

tmcats wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 12:36 pm
i'll take sky.
I hope you’re right. To me, he looked like a decent 1-AA qb with an average arm last year. Maybe it was poor receivers or not a lot of time? But he didn’t seem all that effective.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » March 5th, 2019, 9:53 pm

If he only sucks 1 game next year, vs us, I'm good.

Sams is in really deep doo-doo huh?

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » March 5th, 2019, 9:55 pm

Hypeman wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 9:24 pm
tmcats wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 12:36 pm
i'll take sky.
I hope you’re right. To me, he looked like a decent 1-AA qb with an average arm last year. Maybe it was poor receivers or not a lot of time? But he didn’t seem all that effective.
Much of the issues with our offense wasn't because of Thompson, it was coaching, coordination, and lack of development. Thompson will flourish under Klieman's offense. Thompson has plenty of talent, we just have never used it correctly.
EMAW

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » March 5th, 2019, 10:12 pm

Pretty sure Sam's was cleared of all charges in that incident.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » March 5th, 2019, 11:23 pm

wild@nite wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 10:12 pm
Pretty sure Sam's was cleared of all charges in that incident.
I believe he was cleared. Hopefully he learned his lesson and isn't hang around those types anymore, because he shouldn't be putting himself in those situations.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » March 6th, 2019, 7:03 am

When you see stories like this one about Sams, it reminds you there are many off the field issues that we fans don’t see that influence playing time or even keeping a guy on the team. Some of us were upset Sams left. Maybe the coaching staff didn’t try too hard to keep him. Good thing.

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » March 6th, 2019, 10:57 am

Tbonespop wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 9:55 pm
Hypeman wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 9:24 pm

Much of the issues with our offense wasn't because of Thompson, it was coaching, coordination, and lack of development. Thompson will flourish under Klieman's offense. Thompson has plenty of talent, we just have never used it correctly.

I am 100% with TBones here. I never understood why they were trying to make Skylar play in a way that obviously didn't fit what he did best. He proved in his freshman year that he was really, really good in a more uptempo, 2 minute type of offense. He also proved that he really struggles when you wanted him to come to the line, look at the D, look at the sideline, look at the D some more, then drop back 7 steps and look around for receivers running 20+ yard routes and he would get happy feet, etc. He is not built to do that, at least not in my opinion. He is not a drop back passer and he is not a run first QB, he is in the middle. Honestly, I felt like a lot of the stuff that Mahomes was doing with Reid would be great for Skylar, a lot of quick read stuff, with short passes and the occasional deep ball sprinkled in with the running game. Use your formations and pre-snap movements to keep the defense honest rather than allowing the defense to dictate what you do.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 6th, 2019, 11:17 am

ck's offense is the antithesis of andy reid's.
Why is there something rather than nothing?