Welcome Chris Klieman to K-State!
Tbonespop
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 142 times

Re: Alex Delton

Post by Tbonespop » March 7th, 2019, 1:16 pm

tmcats wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 11:17 am
ck's offense is the antithesis of andy reid's.
Different? Yes. Antithesis? No. Bill Snyder’s offense last season is more of an antithesis to Andy Reid’s.

I’m in Gor’s corner on this one. I’ll take it a step further and say that if anyone needed any further evidence t was time for Bill to retire, look at how he has utilized Skylar to this point in his career.
These users liked Tbonespop for the post:
kswildcat (March 7th, 2019, 3:16 pm)

Gorhoops
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Gorhoops » March 7th, 2019, 1:53 pm

I think what tmcats was saying is that Coach K's offense at NDSU was a run-first, ground and pound system whereas most would say Reid's West Coast stuff is more "finesse" and I would imagine most would say the last word you would use to describe the Bison offense was "finesse." I know that KSU won't be running the West Coast, but from what I saw of NDSU, which wasn't much, but what I saw in the semi's and the final was the kid Stick(sp) doing a lot of the thinks I think Skylar could be good with orchestrating.

I just saw a system that didn't have a bunch of the QB reacting to the defense, just a lot more of the offense setting the pace and the tone of the game, and trying to stay one step ahead of the defense. If they zig to stop you, you zag to counter. Use the TE's, use crossing routes, short routes, deep routes, the whole bit, but it seemed to be an offense that had a good, solid pace, not hurry-up, but just scenario where the offense dictates the pace of the game rather than allowing the defense to throw a bunch of pre-snap movement at you to try and confuse a young QB. Skylar has a nice array of skills, let him use them. When I watched the Stick kid play, he looked a lot like Skylar in my opinion. He wasn't a pure run-first guy, but he also wasn't a pure drop-back kid either. They had a full array of plays to use the entire 53 yards from sideline to sideline and it seemed every eligible guy was a potential threat that had to be covered. Too many times in recent years it seemed as though KSU was playing with 8 OL and only a couple of guys that could actually be a threat to get the ball. That seems pretty easy to defend. Use all of your guys and use every inch of the field and set the pace of the game.

Of course I may be an idiot, but I have just seen Skylar play well in certain situations and poorly in other situations. My though would be you let him play to the situations he seems to do best with.
These users liked Gorhoops for the post:
opcat7755 (March 7th, 2019, 4:51 pm)