Barnes in Combine

Welcome Chris Klieman to K-State!
KITNooga
Posts: 5479
Joined: September 19th, 2017, 8:22 am
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 263 times

Re: Barnes in Combine

Post by KITNooga » March 2nd, 2019, 2:56 am

was, I thought, good discussion about the resurgence of the fullback in the league and Alex' experience as a runblocker.

Fullypersuaded
Posts: 1910
Joined: September 9th, 2017, 3:44 pm
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by Fullypersuaded » March 2nd, 2019, 6:49 am

He probably ends up in New England.

User avatar
02Cat
Posts: 2585
Joined: September 3rd, 2013, 12:16 pm
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 25 times

Pick 'Em

Post by 02Cat » March 4th, 2019, 12:26 pm

I think Alex is in a really good position to make the roster somewhere. He'll probably be a later rounds draft pick (5-7) and is skilled enough to add solid depth and versatility. If he catches on with the right team in the right situation, I could see him playing for a while.

New England would be a good place to go. They really value versatility. One thing is certain, Alex needs to continue to work on his Pass Blocking. He was inconsistent with that and hurt the team a time or two.
Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure. - George Carlin

wazucat
Posts: 2406
Joined: September 1st, 2013, 7:01 pm
Location: Washington
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by wazucat » March 4th, 2019, 7:31 pm

02Cat wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 12:26 pm
I think Alex is in a really good position to make the roster somewhere. He'll probably be a later rounds draft pick (5-7) and is skilled enough to add solid depth and versatility. If he catches on with the right team in the right situation, I could see him playing for a while.

New England would be a good place to go. They really value versatility. One thing is certain, Alex needs to continue to work on his Pass Blocking. He was inconsistent with that and hurt the team a time or two.
Agree that he missed a few blocks in his career but lucky for him that's something that he can learn. On the other hand- he has soft hands, body control and a big body and he is lucky as well because those thing's are gifts from God.

Fullypersuaded
Posts: 1910
Joined: September 9th, 2017, 3:44 pm
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by Fullypersuaded » March 5th, 2019, 3:34 am

I'd hate to see him in NE, but they obviously draft well & Barnes is that type of player that would fit that system and culture. It'd nice if he ended up a Chief.

tmcats
Posts: 6887
Joined: September 3rd, 2013, 1:09 pm
Has liked: 917 times
Been liked: 659 times

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 5th, 2019, 12:41 pm

Fullypersuaded wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 3:34 am
I'd hate to see him in NE, but they obviously draft well & Barnes is that type of player that would fit that system and culture. It'd nice if he ended up a Chief.
chiefs have a long history of passing on local talent.
"There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK

AJcat7755
Posts: 3663
Joined: February 26th, 2014, 11:29 am
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 225 times

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » March 5th, 2019, 1:19 pm

tmcats wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 12:41 pm
Fullypersuaded wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 3:34 am
I'd hate to see him in NE, but they obviously draft well & Barnes is that type of player that would fit that system and culture. It'd nice if he ended up a Chief.
chiefs have a long history of passing on local talent.
But they did pick up Pringle and thought enough of him to pay him, while injured, so no other teams could pick him up.

tmcats
Posts: 6887
Joined: September 3rd, 2013, 1:09 pm
Has liked: 917 times
Been liked: 659 times

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 5th, 2019, 1:23 pm

carl peterson was the worst though. he was always passing on b12 guys for some small-school reach.
"There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK

User avatar
WIldWIllieCat
Posts: 17140
Joined: September 7th, 2013, 7:30 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 244 times

Post by WIldWIllieCat » March 12th, 2019, 3:37 pm

"Cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion.”~George Washington

ksuatheart
Posts: 769
Joined: September 19th, 2013, 12:17 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 10 times

Post by ksuatheart » March 14th, 2019, 7:03 am

New England just drafted Sony Michel (pronounced Michelle) who gained 931 yards in 13 games. Of course, if Barnes falls to the final 3 rounds, it will just depend on who wants him most. If he is seen as the 20th+ at the position, then he probably doesn't get drafted, which would give him an opportunity to pick where he goes, which can be good if you end up on a team with a need and an injury happens.

Post Reply