Gene Taylor

The defending Big XII Champions
wazucat

Re: Gene Taylor

Post by wazucat » February 9th, 2019, 3:15 pm

farrout10 wrote:
February 8th, 2019, 10:41 am
Gene Taylor is the architect of this building process and deserves a Ton of credit for his deep belief in Coach Klieman. I think he may have had a tough hurdle with a donor or two in ‘side stepping’ Littrell. I don’t doubt for a minute that he had any one but CK in his sites.
After 60 days of exposure to Coach Klieman I can see why! CK EXUDES confidence, enthusiasm, character, intelligence, & vision. His ability to communicate with players/parents, fans, administration, and staff is impressive. . He has assembled a quality staff with national recruiting ties, spent 3 weeks of intense recruiting in hand to hand combat (meet the parents/kids on their turf), had tough decisions to handle with current staff/replacements; and handled as well as anyone could have imagined. I now have ZERO doubt we could have done better than CK.
BUT, none of this happens without Gene Taylor.
:rofl: note that you registered Dec. 13, 2018 , welcome aboard, are you Klieman's agent or are you angling to become Gene's agent, :lol:

farrout10

Post by farrout10 » February 10th, 2019, 10:56 am

I am a Coach Snyder advocate and I believe Gene Taylor was also. I think the 'pot' was stirred by 'BIG' money, with considerable influence at the University. Gene was on board with the 5 year extension last summer and one dismal season wasn't a factor for him. GT had to feel like he was carrying the last stone to the top of the pyramid when he was presented with this situation.
I admire his tact & guile to get to the place we are at today; granted, this is the embryo of the egg. "BUT, what a great start".

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » February 10th, 2019, 3:02 pm

Snyder stirred the pot with the product on the field and the (non) product in the wings. I certainly don’t cry for Snyder. It was past time.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » February 10th, 2019, 4:22 pm

Taylor could see the tsunami coming and acted appropriately.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » February 10th, 2019, 7:33 pm

farrout10 wrote:
February 10th, 2019, 10:56 am
I am a Coach Snyder advocate and I believe Gene Taylor was also. I think the 'pot' was stirred by 'BIG' money, with considerable influence at the University. Gene was on board with the 5 year extension last summer and one dismal season wasn't a factor for him. GT had to feel like he was carrying the last stone to the top of the pyramid when he was presented with this situation.
I admire his tact & guile to get to the place we are at today; granted, this is the embryo of the egg. "BUT, what a great start".
Frankly, a few “Big” money people run the entire University. Money talks and at KSU, it’s the ‘only’ voice that’s heard. Follow the marching orders and Taylor and co. will be rewarded handsomely. Don’t = sayonara.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » February 10th, 2019, 8:57 pm

Hypeman wrote:
February 10th, 2019, 7:33 pm
farrout10 wrote:
February 10th, 2019, 10:56 am
Frankly, a few “Big” money people run the entire University. Money talks and at KSU, it’s the ‘only’ voice that’s heard. Follow the marching orders and Taylor and co. will be rewarded handsomely. Don’t = sayonara.
No doubt you have a point. Where doesn't money talk?

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » February 11th, 2019, 12:02 am

hilltopwildcat wrote:
February 10th, 2019, 8:57 pm
Hypeman wrote:
February 10th, 2019, 7:33 pm

No doubt you have a point. Where doesn't money talk?
In my dreams

BisonFanofKState
Has thanked: 0

Post by BisonFanofKState » December 2nd, 2019, 10:23 am

BisonFanofKState wrote:
February 8th, 2019, 3:25 pm
I know both GT and CK. K State is very fortunate to have them. I am a new fan of your program. I predict you go 8-4 with a dominant victory over Kansas and a tightly contested victory over Texas, next season.

Best of Luck....it's going to be fun to follow.

Win The Dang Day!
I apologize for being so OFF in my prediction. I said a Victory over Texas and it was actually over Oklahoma instead. LOL. Not bad for a February prediction though. Go K State..... Go Bison.

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » December 2nd, 2019, 10:34 am

BisonFanofKState wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 10:23 am
BisonFanofKState wrote:
I know both GT and CK. K State is very fortunate to have them. I am a new fan of your program. I predict you go 8-4 with a dominant victory over Kansas and a tightly contested victory over Texas, next season.

Win The Dang Day!
I apologize for being so OFF in my prediction. I said a Victory over Texas and it was actually over Oklahoma instead. LOL. Not bad for a February prediction though. Go K State..... Go Bison.
What do you recommend for Mega Millions numbers for tmrw night? I could use some cash for the holidays.
EMAW

Kralicek

Post by Kralicek » December 2nd, 2019, 10:37 am

BisonFanofKState wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 10:23 am
BisonFanofKState wrote:

Win The Dang Day!
Your humility is refreshing, and we should have gotten TU just had too many key injuries at the time. :clap: