I am excited about our new coach

The defending Big XII Champions
seanrhoten@att.net

I am excited about our new coach

Post by seanrhoten@att.net » January 13th, 2019, 8:23 pm

After you look at what he has done at his previous job, you need to be optimistic. He took over a winning program and maintained it and maybe got better. It's great to take a team to a championship and relax. He took it there and continued to build and get better. He leaves the program in great shape. He can recruit and develop players and can win. He reminds me a bit of a bill Snyder. I am optimistic and I say" win the dang day"

iowa_wildcat

Post by iowa_wildcat » January 13th, 2019, 8:51 pm

Sean, this will make you even more excited. My youngest brother is a huge South Dakota State fan. He was off the wall excited with joy when he learned that Klieman and 4 of his assistants were headed to K-State. Little brother could not care less about K-State football fortunes.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » January 14th, 2019, 11:10 am

Write me down as viewing this as the perfect K-State hire. His teams execute almost flawlessly, he recruits very well at a tough venue, his players love him, he appears to be humble, courteous and unassuming, he works hard, he's a winner. I think K-State has done a great job the last few years with the hires of President, AD now head football coach. Hats off.

farrout10

Post by farrout10 » January 14th, 2019, 12:00 pm

:clap: couldn’t agree more

wazucat

Post by wazucat » January 14th, 2019, 8:08 pm

I am skeptical but hopeful, what can I do about the choice anyway. CK is from a small time program and it has proven to be a BIG JUMP for many a coach and not often successful to make such a leap. Please don't throw Harbaugh and Tressel at me because I can throw multiple Terry Allen's and Paul Wolf's back at you.

Having said all that CK is working tirelessly on the most important aspect of his job, RECRUITING, kudos to him and his staff for working so hard at it.

It is so refreshing to see a Head Coach making in home visits again, and a staff that is willing and able to adopt technology that has been developed since Alexander Graham Bell was still alive.

Ksuminnesotacat

Post by Ksuminnesotacat » January 14th, 2019, 8:45 pm

wazucat wrote:
January 14th, 2019, 8:08 pm
I am skeptical but hopeful, what can I do about the choice anyway. CK is from a small time program and it has proven to be a BIG JUMP for many a coach and not often successful to make such a leap. Please don't throw Harbaugh and Tressel at me because I can throw multiple Terry Allen's and Paul Wolf's back at you.

Having said all that CK is working tirelessly on the most important aspect of his job, RECRUITING, kudos to him and his staff for working so hard at it.

It is so refreshing to see a Head Coach making in home visits again, and a staff that is willing and able to adopt technology that has been developed since Alexander Graham Bell was still alive.
That a boy Wazu your getting there. Look I was all butt hurt the tenth when the announcement came out. But after some thought the guy deserves a chance and he didn't win as many games as he did by being a dolt. True on the recruiting let's see what happens and hope for the best.