My last post

The defending Big XII Champions
KITNooga

Re: My last post

Post by KITNooga » January 9th, 2019, 11:52 am

oscar wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 3:45 pm
Time to exit this place. The constant sparring when I have to defend a hall of Fame coach is too much. Now, after you (people that were so adament about getting rid of Coach) guys got your way, it continues with cheap shots at Coach and his son.

I joined this board to discuss the school I ha e followed for over 60 years. It turned into an ugly exchange between myself and people intent on ridding the program with the Snyder signature.

Some very hypocrital signs in this fan base. Ranting and raving over the alleged unethical behavior of Frank Martin and signing off A OK with the hiring of Van Malone on the new football staff.

Never thought I would see Bill Snyder being the enemy of so called KSU fans, amazing and sad.
sorry to see you go, although I know you won't read this. take care Oscar!

oh, and you are absolutely correct.,
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

WIldWIllieCat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WIldWIllieCat » January 9th, 2019, 3:57 pm

Don't recall anyone saying that "Bill Snyder is the enemy", but best of luck to you oscar.

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » January 9th, 2019, 5:54 pm

OMG, it is not like he is dead. This is someone that acted like a troll on many posts and then left when no one would take the bait anymore. But not before firing one more shot over the bow to try to fire someone up again. This was troll-like but also like a nebbish.

it is a good thing we were not using his ball or he would have taken that and gone home.
Win the dang day!

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » January 9th, 2019, 6:12 pm

What some of us wouldn’t give to learn Oscar’s identity! The timing of his showing up wasn’t a happenstance.

WIldWIllieCat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WIldWIllieCat » January 9th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Alas, poor oscar! I knew him not, Horatio, but suspect him a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Ksuminnesotacat

Post by Ksuminnesotacat » January 9th, 2019, 6:32 pm

I'm going to guess first names of either Robert, Sharon, or possibly Sean and maybe Weird???

Jax

Pick 'Em

Post by Jax » January 11th, 2019, 12:03 pm

You have to recognize however that many people became fans of K-State football because of the Bill Snyder brand. Namely I am sure a lot of teams, companies, organizations, etc. have adopted the 16 Principles. Some have grown to respect LHCBS because of his class act of handwritten notes to the opponent's players.

For that reason, I will not be surprised if some of the fan base is diminished. It's a new era of football of K-State.
We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we are. - Anaïs Nin

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » January 11th, 2019, 12:13 pm

Jax wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 12:03 pm
You have to recognize however that many people became fans of K-State football because of the Bill Snyder brand. Namely I am sure a lot of teams, companies, organizations, etc. have adopted the 16 Principles. Some have grown to respect LHCBS because of his class act of handwritten notes to the opponent's players.

For that reason, I will not be surprised if some of the fan base is diminished. It's a new era of football of K-State.
Proving that KSU can win with financial and fan support (something that no coach had consistently before Bill Snyder) will take care of a possible diminished fanbase. I truly hope Coach Klieman puts the "Coach Snyder is the only coach to win in Manhattan" fact to rest. It is a fact, but I strongly believe it can be done because of the foundation Bill, the admin,the players, and the fanbase established together.

NMcat

Post by NMcat » January 11th, 2019, 12:41 pm

It's going to be a difficult transition year at K-State. Picked 9th in the Big 12 conference coming in, Barnes off to the NFL, no apparent back-up for Thompson when he gets hurt or is performing poorly. We don't really have a punt and kickoff returner and our special teams weren't very special last season.

We open with a good FCS team and then a really bad Bowling Green team. I doubt we'll be favored in any of the rest of our games.

The new coach has his work cut out for him. Maybe he'll put together another Miracle in Manhattan, but we fans are going to have to be very patient. (and, of course we're not)

Wildwilly73

Post by Wildwilly73 » January 11th, 2019, 1:14 pm

BOY! You see things a LOT different than I do! I myself see us coming out and kicking ass! Coach Kli has a great set of coaches lined up and I am confident that they will get the ship back on course! Sorry to see you go Oscar, but it was time for Coach Snyder to step down. EMAW