Welcome Chris Klieman to K-State!
xtrawildcat
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 86 times

Re: My last post

Post by xtrawildcat » January 11th, 2019, 9:24 pm

NMcat wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 12:41 pm
It's going to be a difficult transition year at K-State. Picked 9th in the Big 12 conference coming in, Barnes off to the NFL, no apparent back-up for Thompson when he gets hurt or is performing poorly. We don't really have a punt and kickoff returner and our special teams weren't very special last season.

We open with a good FCS team and then a really bad Bowling Green team. I doubt we'll be favored in any of the rest of our games.

The new coach has his work cut out for him. Maybe he'll put together another Miracle in Manhattan, but we fans are going to have to be very patient. (and, of course we're not)
Talk about accepting mediocrity.
Nearly all of a defense that finished second in Big 12 scoring this year is back.
Lose one significant player off the offensive line.
Injured first string tight end back.
Zuber, Knowles and Rison as potential first string recievers. (Rison started at Michigan State as a true freshman.)
Already signed a transfer running back who rushed for over 1000 years as a soph before being injured last year.
Experienced quarterback who showed some real growth in the last few games.
Good place kicker and punter coming back.
Zuber actually is a pretty decent returner and I expect we have other guys who can also do that job.

All the bs about not accepting the mediocrity from Snyder but now some can't see us performing well next year. Worry about the year after when we are replacing a lot of next years seniors. If we have a bad year next year, it is not a good sign.

wild@nite
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 181 times

Post by wild@nite » January 11th, 2019, 9:52 pm

If we are truly going to run the diamond backfield, which we are according to reports, we need more than 1-2 D1 ready backs. This offense keys on the DE's positioning and the backs have to be able to arc and block, run pass routes (even "go" routes), and run between the tackles. I have a weird hunch that Jax Dineen is on the field next year.

Tbonespop
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 143 times

Post by Tbonespop » January 11th, 2019, 11:10 pm

We'll be fine next year. #1 reason is the team as a whole will be more experienced. there will be a transition to the new schemes, but overall we will be fine. I expect +8 wins.

Westriverbison
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Westriverbison » January 12th, 2019, 7:54 am

wild@nite wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 9:52 pm
If we are truly going to run the diamond backfield, which we are according to reports, we need more than 1-2 D1 ready backs. This offense keys on the DE's positioning and the backs have to be able to arc and block, run pass routes (even "go" routes), and run between the tackles. I have a weird hunch that Jax Dineen is on the field next year.
I don’t profess to be a football expert. I’ve watched every NDSU game over the last 10 years or so.

The basic play of their offense is the a-gap power ran out of multiple sets. The basic set is pro-set with multiple presnap movements. The diamond is a recent addition inserted after the stable of runninbacks was recruited and developed. There has been years where one back gets the majority of the carries.

To me they seem very good at adapting to the personal they have, not expecting players to do what they aren’t capable of.

I expect a similar philosophy in Manhattan.
These users liked Westriverbison for the post (total 3):
kstueve (January 12th, 2019, 8:01 am) • stlcatfan (January 12th, 2019, 11:45 am) • iowa_wildcat (January 13th, 2019, 8:55 pm)