Kliff Kingsbury

The defending Big XII Champions
Gorhoops

Re: Kliff Kingsbury

Post by Gorhoops » January 9th, 2019, 11:00 am

He is being hired because he is viewed as a Sean McVay type of guy. Heck, in the press release from the Cardinals, it even said KK is "a friend of Sean Mcvey" or something to that nature. I think the Cards believe that Kingsbury is a QB guru like McVey or the guy with the Bears, and that in College, a HC's job is only about 40% football and 60% all the other crap you have to do at the college level (those are stats I heard a talking head say the other day) whereas in the NFL, football is 90% of the job of the HC.

My guess is the Cards feel that the GM will build the team, KK doesn't have to find the players, the GM will do that. They will hire a veteran DC and basically KK will not even talk much with the defense, that will be handled by the DC, and all KK has to do is develop Josh Rosen and manage the team. That is the job of an NFL coach, football and coaching men.

Fullypersuaded

Post by Fullypersuaded » January 9th, 2019, 8:08 pm

JOKKO wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 4:21 pm
IDK. If I were a Cardinals fan, I wouldn't like the hire, but the pro game is moving towards offense more than defense much like the college game. He has been able to scout QB talent...that is for sure.

Different sports, but Quin Snyder was a terrible coach at mizery, but has been a pretty good coach for the Jazz, whereas the opposite can be said for Fred Hoiberg (of course he was talent deplete with the Bulls)
The single ladies are buying season tickets. I read that somewhere on Twitter. :D

DrJamesANaismith
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DrJamesANaismith » January 10th, 2019, 8:24 am

Fullypersuaded wrote:
January 9th, 2019, 8:08 pm
JOKKO wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 4:21 pm
IDK. If I were a Cardinals fan, I wouldn't like the hire, but the pro game is moving towards offense more than defense much like the college game. He has been able to scout QB talent...that is for sure.

Different sports, but Quin Snyder was a terrible coach at mizery, but has been a pretty good coach for the Jazz, whereas the opposite can be said for Fred Hoiberg (of course he was talent deplete with the Bulls)
The single ladies are buying season tickets. I read that somewhere on Twitter. :D

https://nypost.com/2019/01/09/fox-sport ... ationship/

n2catnip

Post by n2catnip » January 10th, 2019, 9:29 pm

Golich and Wingo played a soundbite of KK raving about Kyler Murray last year before playing OU. Speculation was that the Cards will take Murray with first pick and shop Rosen. KK been tracking Murray since Murray’s soph yr in HS.