Bama Clemson NC game

The defending Big XII Champions
KITNooga

Re: Bama Clemson NC game

Post by KITNooga » January 13th, 2019, 9:11 am

PurpleOnWhite wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 2:26 pm
This is the very reason why going to an 8-team (or more) playoff would give schools, other than a very select few, SOME hope they could find lightning in a bottle once every 10 years or so and get invited to a playoff game. The current structure makes it all but impossible for the KStates of the world to have much hope. With but a handful of the same teams in the running every year, I would think the game would be well served to change. The NFL has wild card games that are somewhat anathema.
it's not just that PoW. expanded play-offs COULD also drive talent to go to a greater diversity of programs.

one of the reasons I'm a fan of 'one conference, on representative' into the NC play-off.
Can't win our league? don't give a damn how tough it was, you just get ONE. I'll let each league/conference figure out who they send. see this as most effective means of driving more to parity. since salary cap is not an option in college.

and Notre Dame can either join a conference or watch from the sidelines. their choice.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest