Any update on Special Teams Coach

Welcome Chris Klieman to K-State!
Opensource
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times

Re: Any update on Special Teams Coach

Post by Opensource » January 7th, 2019, 11:13 pm

I heard during the Prince years Sean had nothing to do and did some youth sport coaching. I heard he was a disaster. So, Riley County may be beyond his resume.

Tbonespop
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 143 times

Post by Tbonespop » January 7th, 2019, 11:41 pm

wild@nite wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 10:50 pm
Tbonespop wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 10:00 pm
Ya, maybe you don't hate him but you keep saying "Dad" about a half dozen times in your post.... Tells me you are a little bitter for some reason. At least you didn't say "Daddy" as some others have. He has a good amount of experience at the P5 D1 level. I'm not going to go look up all of the coaching vacancies in the FCS or G5 schools. But I'd bet if he were interested in a job at one of those schools, he would get interviews and might get the job if he were to interview well. He's one of the top P5 special teams coaches in the country. He's been an AHC for 7 years under Bill Snyder. How do you know he's not qualified for a lower teir level HC? Because he's only coached under Bill his whole career? That's your main reason for your position on him, right? Maybe he likes living in Manhattan. Maybe he likes staying close to family. Maybe he doesn't ever want to be a HC. We don't really know.

People were seriously throwing around Eric Wolford's name for the coaching job at KSU. Eric Wolford....I know Eric. And I can tell you, I'd take Sean 10 times out of 10 over Eric. I would never allow my son to play for Eric.

As a side note, I'm a big believer in "earning" it too. I believe in earning a job based on merit. I think Sean has earned it enough to get interviews at lower level programs based on what he has done (FCS and G5). I just don't think he wants it. But that's no reason to make sarcastic comments about his ability to find work at another school, namely a small Riley County HS football program.
It may be family. It may be he knows he isnt a strong candidate, but regardless, it's a moot point. I don't know Sean well, but know several that do, a couple who played for him. Leadership qualities to be a HC are lacking in their opinions, and they are opinions I value enough to believe. I'll leave it there.

As far as Wolford. I agree with you.
I don't know Sean personally and I don't know any recent players that have played under him. The opinions of those who shared with you is of value and I appreciate sharing that. That's information that I can buy into versus the issue of only working under his dad. I know many business people that worked their entire careers under their dad's and they greatly improved upon what their dad had built. Could they have gone somewhere else? Sure but why?

Anyway, thanks for sharing that from the players. I value that info.

oscar
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by oscar » January 8th, 2019, 11:09 am

I do not know Sean personally, I do know several guys that played with him. I have never heard the dialogue some on here spew that he is a bad guy and not a good person. Sean is an amazing Special Teams Coach that has never been given his due credit by those that constantly bash his dad. The people that wanted Bill Snyder fired got what they wanted. My guess is Sean will be the next AD when and if the great FCS experiment flames out with Taylor hitting the bricks and Sean will bring in a Bill Snyder guy as the next Head Coach.

wild@nite
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 181 times

Post by wild@nite » January 8th, 2019, 12:13 pm

oscar wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 11:09 am
I do not know Sean personally, I do know several guys that played with him. I have never heard the dialogue some on here spew that he is a bad guy and not a good person. Sean is an amazing Special Teams Coach that has never been given his due credit by those that constantly bash his dad. The people that wanted Bill Snyder fired got what they wanted. My guess is Sean will be the next AD when and if the great FCS experiment flames out with Taylor hitting the bricks and Sean will bring in a Bill Snyder guy as the next Head Coach.
"bad guy and not a good person". Who said that? The Snyder family is full of good people, but they are not perfect and absolutely did not handle things appropriately the last 3-4 years. You can disagree all you want, but to some of us, KSU comes before any individual person. Especially those of us that have decades invested prior to Bill Snyder. He did an amazing job, but it didn't give him the right to manipulate the way he did towards the end. That is not bashing him. That is pointing out the truth that you don't want to hear because you think being a HOF coach puts him above certain things. He should never have been forced out. If he truly was forced out, it was his fault and his fault alone. He held on for the wrong reasons and it bit him.
These users liked wild@nite for the post (total 3):
kswildcat (January 8th, 2019, 1:28 pm) • JOKKO (January 8th, 2019, 1:34 pm) • hilltopwildcat (January 8th, 2019, 1:39 pm)

oscar
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by oscar » January 8th, 2019, 1:26 pm

wild@nite wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 12:13 pm
oscar wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 11:09 am
"bad guy and not a good person". Who said that? The Snyder family is full of good people, but they are not perfect and absolutely did not handle things appropriately the last 3-4 years. You can disagree all you want, but to some of us, KSU comes before any individual person. Especially those of us that have decades invested prior to Bill Snyder. He did an amazing job, but it didn't give him the right to manipulate the way he did towards the end. That is not bashing him. That is pointing out the truth that you don't want to hear because you think being a HOF coach puts him above certain things. He should never have been forced out. If he truly was forced out, it was his fault and his fault alone. He held on for the wrong reasons and it bit him.
Absolute garbage, but carry on.

wild@nite
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 181 times

Post by wild@nite » January 8th, 2019, 1:39 pm

oscar wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 1:26 pm
wild@nite wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 12:13 pm

Absolute garbage, but carry on.
Why is it garbage? Because you don't agree? I also noticed you didn't answer the question? Who said he was a bad guy and not a good person. You are the one throwing out mistruths and are angry that not everybody agrees with you. Get over it. Bill Snyder was a great coach, a good ambassador for KState, and cared about KSU deeply, but he was not without flaw and certainly not Jesus Christ.

He put his son over KSU. You have your opinion. I have mine, but because many of us think his son is not HC material doesn't mean we think he is a bad person as you ridiculously suggested.

Zoltar
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Zoltar » January 8th, 2019, 2:10 pm

If you feed the trolls they will just keep coming back.
These users liked Zoltar for the post:
hilltopwildcat (January 8th, 2019, 2:16 pm)
Win the dang day!