Bowl games

Welcome Chris Klieman to K-State!
tmcats
Has liked: 211 times
Been liked: 152 times

Pick 'Em

Re: Bowl games

Post by tmcats » December 29th, 2018, 10:13 am

i rooted for isu, sorta. then when they lost, i thought, wth, and went to sleep quickly.

campbell continues to make coaching errors that cost them wins. not throwing to their stud receiver, who was one-on-one most of the night, particularly on third and goal when they had to settle for a field goal, was dumbfounding. he made similar errors here that cost him the game two seasons back. over-coaching the situation.

clones were better than their 8-5 final record. :?
"There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK

wazucat
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by wazucat » December 29th, 2018, 12:47 pm

I'm a WSU fan but I agree with tbonespop that the Clones were BONED, with that said the Cyclone fan base is such a bunch of whiners it is hard to have any empathy .

KITNooga
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by KITNooga » December 29th, 2018, 2:35 pm

wazucat wrote:
December 29th, 2018, 12:47 pm
I'm a WSU fan but I agree with tbonespop that the Clones were BONED, with that said the Cyclone fan base is such a bunch of whiners it is hard to have any empathy .
yep. fair point. i do think the Cat fan base is doing all they can to close the gap on those whiners over there.

Catinkansas
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Catinkansas » December 29th, 2018, 3:29 pm

WV - With Dana back calling plays without an OC, he lets his emotions take control. Allison will never be an elite QB, so no fearful of WV, unless they have another QB waiting in the wings. The sideline had players arguing with Dana, he really doesn't have total control of his team.

ISU - Could lose a ton of talent if the WR and RB declare for the draft. If they return look for outstanding team next year. Purdy seems more mature than most QB's. Impressed that ISU played such good Def after two starters being ejected. I wonder if the QB helmet was not very tight as it coming off make it look worse than it probably was. If the helmet does not come off, I don't think there would have been a penalty called.

bhoovy
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 39 times

Post by bhoovy » December 29th, 2018, 5:59 pm

KITNooga wrote:
December 29th, 2018, 2:35 pm
wazucat wrote:
December 29th, 2018, 12:47 pm
yep. fair point. i do think the Cat fan base is doing all they can to close the gap on those whiners over there.
The whiny fan base could be applied to any fan base on a given day or given year.

hilltopwildcat
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by hilltopwildcat » December 31st, 2018, 11:01 am

Catinkansas wrote:
December 29th, 2018, 3:29 pm
WV - With Dana back calling plays without an OC, he lets his emotions take control. Allison will never be an elite QB, so no fearful of WV, unless they have another QB waiting in the wings. The sideline had players arguing with Dana, he really doesn't have total control of his team.

ISU - Could lose a ton of talent if the WR and RB declare for the draft. If they return look for outstanding team next year. Purdy seems more mature than most QB's. Impressed that ISU played such good Def after two starters being ejected. I wonder if the QB helmet was not very tight as it coming off make it look worse than it probably was. If the helmet does not come off, I don't think there would have been a penalty called.
I think they need to take another look at the targeting rule and make some modifications. However, I thought both were ruled correctly under the current rules.
These users liked hilltopwildcat for the post:
tmcats (December 31st, 2018, 12:11 pm)

powercat5000
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by powercat5000 » January 1st, 2019, 1:19 pm

The amount of empty seats at these bowl games is crazy. The fiesta bowl looks maybe 2/3 full. The nc state/ aTm game didn’t look even close to half full.

powercat5000
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by powercat5000 » January 1st, 2019, 1:27 pm

The Iowa/miss st game isn’t even close to 50%full

wazucat
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by wazucat » January 1st, 2019, 3:12 pm

tmcats wrote:
December 29th, 2018, 10:13 am
i rooted for isu, sorta. then when they lost, i thought, wth, and went to sleep quickly.

campbell continues to make coaching errors that cost them wins. not throwing to their stud receiver, who was one-on-one most of the night, particularly on third and goal when they had to settle for a field goal, was dumbfounding. he made similar errors here that cost him the game two seasons back. over-coaching the situation.

clones were better than their 8-5 final record. :?
Yep Campbell fell into the same funk as his predecessor Proud Paul. Proud Paul should have thrown the ball to Alan Lazard until the opposition proved they could stop the play, Campbell should have thrown the ball to his NFL bound 6-6 receiver until the opponent proved they could stop him.

Sorry the Clones are exactly what their record shows, no better no worse. :wink: