Welcome Chris Klieman to K-State!
hilltopwildcat
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 122 times

Re: Coaching Staff

Post by hilltopwildcat » January 2nd, 2019, 5:48 pm

Hypeman wrote:
January 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
Actually dude, many have ‘liked’ the comments. If you don’t understand them, it’s not my problem. But please don’t make baseless personal attacks. This is supposed to be fun.
Actually DUDE, I only see 1 like in your column. Maybe you're a Trump speech writer?

Actually, I understand spellcheck on mobile phones. They can take a thought and totally fubar it, if that's your excuse.

I will say that the last several posts you have made have came through in language and structure anyone can understand and to be frank, I may not agree 100% but they seem to be reasonably thought out and there's not enough there I disagree with that I'll make any attempt at a rebuttal.

WanaBKat
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by WanaBKat » January 2nd, 2019, 8:41 pm

Zoltar wrote:
January 2nd, 2019, 2:39 pm
You don't have to be lonely at farmersonly.com
That 's funny! :lol:

NoDak Bisman
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times

Post by NoDak Bisman » January 5th, 2019, 10:06 pm

ajcksu82 wrote:
January 2nd, 2019, 2:48 pm
Chris Kleiman joined NDSU in 2011 as a DB coach. Prior to him joining, Bohl had only been to 1 FCS playoff, a loss in the Quarterfinal (although they were ineligible for 4 years which they could have made it at least 2 years from 2004-2007).

In 2011, NDSU won the FCS title. Kleiman then was promoted to DC when Scottie Hazelton, the current DC, left to be a LB coach at USC.

NDSU won 2 more titles with Bohl as a the HC and Kleiman as the DC.

Bohl left for Wyoming and took the majority of the NDSU staff with him, leaving Kleiman as the new HC to replace most of the staff. He responded by winning 3 more FCS titles and is in the title game for a 4th this year.

To say Kleiman just "took over" a championship program is an exaggeration. Bohl got it started, but CK certainly had a hand in that, as well as showing that is wasn't all Bohl, or the staff, when CK took over with a brand new staff and continued winning. Many of coaches have taken over winning programs and tried to keep the same staff, and have failed. CK took over a program, and replaced the staff, and continued winning. CK also had 2 different OC's during his run with Tim Polasek going ton to be a OL coach at Iowa.

Scottie Hazelton meanwhile lasted 1 year at USC, then became a Co-DC at Nevada for 1 year then an assistant LB with the Jags then back to Bohl and Wyoming. If Hazelton was as important to NDSU's success as Kleiman, he didn't make it very far in his coaching career.

Let's see if Matt Entz, NDSU's new HC, who was promoted from the DC role like CK, can keep it going as well. If he doesn't win NC almost every year, could it be because CK is no longer there? We shall see.
Your spot on ajcksu82. I couldn't say your reply any better and with detailed facts! We shall see is very true, lots of talent in Barn here, bunch of young studs waiting to show what they can do, so we'll see next year as we RELOAD! Our First official Redshirt Freshman should be THE starter but with ISU transfer coming up, that should be interesting competition as this Freshman is SPECIAL.
Taller, faster then STick our QB who is the BEST player in FCS by our definition of a winner, and this Freshman can throw a nice Ball, better then Carson Wentz as a freshman so you know this kid has the IT FActor.

Anyways nice write up on Coach K.

Good Luck in Manhattan next Fall...
NoDak Bisman

NoDak Bisman
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times

Post by NoDak Bisman » January 5th, 2019, 10:25 pm

Hypeman wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 3:54 pm
My take on what I’ve read is we will remain in mediocrity if Kliemann and company buy into the attitude of many on this board. Hopefully they will change the attitude! Rubbing elbows with the old SWC teams may make some feel good, but I’d prefer we beat them. OU could have scored 100 points on us this year if they would have wanted to. It was nice of them to reign it in. However, as a result of teams reigning it in, we probably play the same schedule as NDSU because we are typically competing against 2nd and 3rd string players in the 2nd half of many games.

The fact of the matter is we suck at football and always have. There is a reason they named the Highway and Stadium after Snyder, winning any games has been a miracle with our culture.

Like NDSU, we were playing in the MIssouri Valley at one time. OSU played in it too, and a lot longer than us. And, we were rarely competitive then! I think Grinnell was kicking our aaa. Shoot, Drake could have moved from the Missouri Valley to the big 8 instead of us and lost 89 straight times to Nebraska too. Would that make them a football powerhouse? I guess so, if P5 patsy = powerhouse. Why wouldn’t NDSU fill that slot as well as us? They could probably do better and afford it to with all that oil cash they have falling out of their pockets.

Reminder, we were the school that forced the Big 12 to change its scheduling rules because we would play 1-AA teams so often (the cupcakes at that, not the good ones). Shoot, we paid Fresno over a million to ‘not’ play a non-con game when we tried to schedule a reasonable non-con opponent but it then appeared they had a decent team. I guess the dubbing would have hurt our image, so we played Washburn or someone instead. Rediculous!

I do think you are right that NDSU would be Marshall if they moved up. I wouldn’t do it if I was them. But, we are no better than Marshall either, and some of us hope Kliemann can change that. Heaven knows we donate enough money to the program to get good seats, it would be nice to be competive more than twice a century. Keep sucking and we’ll quit donating. The only reason the fans support hasn’t completely plummeted already is people have an effection for Snyder! He’s gone now and remember our history without him ... Futility U!

This is my last post on the topic. I’m not sure why I meandered over here from the BBall forum. I’ve
grown to hate football. It’s just s huge waste of millions of dollars.
Big 12 - NDSU Join, well give us the invite, Big 12 becomes northern Big 12 and Southern Big 12. I would love to have you guys and OK and Texas come up and play in the Fargo Dome. But reality is we don't have the $$$$$ to compete, but we are in the Big 12 in Wrestling already.

Due to our location, Big 12 would be the best fit, but I like where we are, as we would become Marshall probably in time....its fun playing in playoffs each week in Dec. Oh is that too hard for FBS teams to play too many games...I hate hearing that comment. That's crap. We do it.

Fact: NDSU players over the past 8 years have played 1 more entire season of college football then any other college player in the nation not at NDSU. Think of that. (actually 6 years of football)They redshirt, then get 4 years, and in those years they have played another entire season of college football because of the playoff games that MATTER and in championships! What an amazing FACT! No other program in the nation can say that! That's a HUGE advantage of experience for the Bison players. FBS players can't touch that. And we play in meaningful games in December, which I hope to see FBS 8 team playoff in Dec. and KSU win the Big 12 in the next 2 years and get into that tournament in Dec.

I wish you guys the best, glad to see your giving our coach 14 million dollars, and 6 years. We'll be watching, I think you will be in good shape...

Nodak Bisman

powercat5000
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by powercat5000 » January 10th, 2019, 8:35 pm

Former U of Washington qb Marques Tuiasosopo’s Uncle has been hired onto ksu’s staff

iowa_wildcat
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by iowa_wildcat » January 10th, 2019, 10:07 pm

stlcatfan
Has liked: 293 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by stlcatfan » January 11th, 2019, 12:31 am

Thanks for the update. Do you know what role he will play on our staff?

cat4ever
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0

Post by cat4ever » January 11th, 2019, 6:39 am

iowa_wildcat
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by iowa_wildcat » January 11th, 2019, 8:19 am

My best guess is defensive tackles. Let's hope he can recruit some huge, agile Samoans to shore up the d-line.

stlcatfan
Has liked: 293 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by stlcatfan » January 11th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Thanks. I thought maybe he would be coaching special teams since Seiler was already coaching D-Line.