North Dakota state game on Espn2 tonight.

The defending Big XII Champions
RonMexico
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: North Dakota state game on Espn2 tonight.

Post by RonMexico » December 14th, 2018, 11:13 pm

Kid In the Hall wrote:
December 14th, 2018, 11:06 pm

Agree with most of this, but the SDSU uptempo part - they came in averaging 63 plays per game (would rank 125+ in FBS). Certainly didn't help that their QB played most of the game one one leg (but, credit to NDSU for that).

If EWU can beat Maine, that'll be an interesting matchup (they definitely play with more tempo - 80ish plays per game - and have near perfect run/pass balance to go along with their tempo).
They way NDSU has always combated the up-tempo offenses is to just run the ball...short passes..bleed the clock and just never let them on the field...never let them get into a rhythm

Ksuhampton

Post by Ksuhampton » December 14th, 2018, 11:17 pm

sweetlouie77 wrote:
December 14th, 2018, 11:07 pm
Tbonespop wrote:
December 14th, 2018, 10:55 pm

Calling the Bitter, party of 1?

Any rational person realizes it was time. I love the man and greatly respect him, but it was time.
I love Bill Snyder, as I know we all do. My concern is for him, and not in a football way. He did not look well in the recent videos. I will personally be devastated when he is no longer with us, whenever that day may be, and hope that he has many years left with us, but man, he did not look like the Bill that we all know. I hope it's my emotional side of all this, and not something more. He is a national treasure, and I have nothing but respect for him.
You took all those words out of my mouth. It will be like losing my parents when that day comes.

oscar

Post by oscar » December 14th, 2018, 11:23 pm

Tbonespop wrote:
oscar wrote:
December 14th, 2018, 10:49 pm

Yes, that Snyder put you poor fellas through torture and agony. All that winning, high graduation rate, impeccable reputation, thank god you guys pushed the old man out!

Any rational person realizes it was time. I love the man and greatly respect him, but it was time.
Just defending the guy who gave the ungrateful masses big time football. Pretty sad to see the lack of respect continue. You guys got your way and he is gone, one would hope that would be enough to satisfy, evidently not.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » December 14th, 2018, 11:29 pm

RonMexico wrote:
December 14th, 2018, 11:13 pm
Kid In the Hall wrote:

Agree with most of this, but the SDSU uptempo part - they came in averaging 63 plays per game (would rank 125+ in FBS). Certainly didn't help that their QB played most of the game one one leg (but, credit to NDSU for that).

If EWU can beat Maine, that'll be an interesting matchup (they definitely play with more tempo - 80ish plays per game - and have near perfect run/pass balance to go along with their tempo).
They way NDSU has always combated the up-tempo offenses is to just run the ball...short passes..bleed the clock and just never let them on the field...never let them get into a rhythm
That's pretty much how K-State has had success as well against the up-tempo teams. We just weren't quite as successful this past season doing it.

It's good to see that there will not likely be a major change in our offensive strategy. I think we have the right players to run Coach Klieman's style of offense.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

sweetlouie77

Post by sweetlouie77 » December 14th, 2018, 11:32 pm

oscar wrote:
December 14th, 2018, 11:23 pm
Tbonespop wrote:

Just defending the guy who gave the ungrateful masses big time football. Pretty sad to see the lack of respect continue. You guys got your way and he is gone, one would hope that would be enough to satisfy, evidently not.
I just fail to see why so many take this as a sign of disrespect. The man has done what I truly feel no other coach could, Saban, Miles, Belichik, (insert name here). No one, and I mean "NO" one is disrespecting him, or even wanted to see this day come, but we all knew it was coming. Unfortunately with Bill, he has just gotten to the point in his life when it was time, and we all will. We love the man, and always will. The only disrespect showed is posts like these. Please, as a KSU fan, stop. No one is trashing him, and I mean no one. Some have questioned his play calls, results the last few years, etc., and they should based on the product. That is no indication of respect, rather a show of concern from a fanbase that know, and have witnessed what he is capable of. To say that he is doing great, and not questioning his performance would be the ultimate disrespect to him, and he would never want that!

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » December 14th, 2018, 11:35 pm

oscar wrote:
Tbonespop wrote:

Nah, you're just bitter because you didn't get your way in this situation. Tons of people have always supported coach, myself included. The love and admiration for him is off the charts. It's not lack of respect. At some point, one just has to acknowledge reality. There isn't a more loved and respected individual person in all of Kansas.
EMAW

sweetlouie77

Post by sweetlouie77 » December 14th, 2018, 11:36 pm

Ksuhampton wrote:
December 14th, 2018, 11:17 pm
sweetlouie77 wrote:
December 14th, 2018, 11:07 pm

I love Bill Snyder, as I know we all do. My concern is for him, and not in a football way. He did not look well in the recent videos. I will personally be devastated when he is no longer with us, whenever that day may be, and hope that he has many years left with us, but man, he did not look like the Bill that we all know. I hope it's my emotional side of all this, and not something more. He is a national treasure, and I have nothing but respect for him.
You took all those words out of my mouth. It will be like losing my parents when that day comes.
Couldn't agree more. The amount of respect I have for that guy (whom I've never had the honor of meeting), speaks volumes of his character. I can't say this enough, he is not only our treasure at KSU, he is a "National Treasure", and will forever be a role model. Posters on here that turn concern into a personal attack on him make me sick.

sweetlouie77

Post by sweetlouie77 » December 14th, 2018, 11:38 pm

Tbonespop wrote:
December 14th, 2018, 11:35 pm
oscar wrote:

Nah, you're just bitter because you didn't get your way in this situation. Tons of people have always supported coach, myself included. The love and admiration for him is off the charts. It's not lack of respect. At some point, one just has to acknowledge reality. There isn't a more loved and respected individual person in all of Kansas.
I wish I could have stated this well as you just did. Great post.

NoDak Bisman

Post by NoDak Bisman » December 15th, 2018, 12:48 am

Tbonespop wrote:
December 14th, 2018, 10:44 pm
Couple of points:

1) No way KSU would have beaten NDSU this year. This NDSU team would be in the top 5 of the B12 this season.
2) They have a big offensive play book, AND THEY USE IT. QB runs plays out of shotgun and under center. No pistol that I've seen. Lots of 12 personnel play calls, some 22. But some spread looks too. That's a lot to prepare for as a defense. Their OL never gets blown off the ball.
3) As other have noted, no check with me, run the play clock down, crap. Offense is NOT predictable.
4) Defensively, their DLmen are active and get off blocks well. Hope we focus on that too.
5) SDSU runs an up-tempo, RPO offense. This is a good game to watch to see the good and bad of CK's defense.
6) CK's defense is a higher risk and reward defense - I'll take that 10 times out of 10 over Snyder's die slow death defense.
7) They platoon a lot on the DL to have fresh legs for defending the up tempo offense - gotta have quality of depth to do that.
8) Lots of 4-2 and 4-3, mostly cover 2 man under, 5-7 yards off. LOVE IT
I like your football insight and observations on our Bison Team. You can count on Kleiman finding out WHO WANTS to work hard and the ones who are in it for themselves will be gone after Spring ball.
This Bison team gave Coach K a standing Ovation when he told the players he took the job Wednesday night. Wow how cool is that!
This Bison team played hard tonight and in my opinion could win the Mountain West, finish in the top 3 in Big 12 and top 5 in Big Ten, all things being equal 83 scholarships like all FBS schools are allowed. We get only 66.
You guys are going to see a difference in your teams to come, count on it. CK is a work horse and knows how to win. Defense 1st, then power west coast offense and suck the life out of the other team by owning the clock. Wide Open offensive teams we eat them up. We hold the ball better then any team in the country on offense. It wears out the other team physically and mentally.
Remember 2013 Bison game in Synder stadium. 4th qtr. 8 min. final drive. Sufficating. That's what wins football games. Own time of possession. Keep your defense fresh.

Watch this team in Frisco Jan.5th. They will play to win it for coach K and for all the seniors as well. No one stopping this team. Main or Eastern Washington won't matter.

Synder Stadium is outstanding, wish we could play there! Great atmosphere, you guys have great fan cheers and support. Give CK time to show you what he can do for your school.

Go Bison, Congrats Kat fans you got a fired up coach who will restore the roar in your stadium.... He won't back down to Sooners or Long Horns trust me.

NoDak Bisman

NoDak Bisman

Post by NoDak Bisman » December 15th, 2018, 1:19 am

Kid In the Hall wrote:
Tbonespop wrote:
December 14th, 2018, 10:44 pm
Couple of points:

1) No way KSU would have beaten NDSU this year. This NDSU team would be in the top 5 of the B12 this season.
2) They have a big offensive play book, AND THEY USE IT. QB runs plays out of shotgun and under center. No pistol that I've seen. Lots of 12 personnel play calls, some 22. But some spread looks too. That's a lot to prepare for as a defense. Their OL never gets blown off the ball.
3) As other have noted, no check with me, run the play clock down, crap. Offense is NOT predictable.
4) Defensively, their DLmen are active and get off blocks well. Hope we focus on that too.
5) SDSU runs an up-tempo, RPO offense. This is a good game to watch to see the good and bad of CK's defense.
6) CK's defense is a higher risk and reward defense - I'll take that 10 times out of 10 over Snyder's die slow death defense.
7) They platoon a lot on the DL to have fresh legs for defending the up tempo offense - gotta have quality of depth to do that.
8) Lots of 4-2 and 4-3, mostly cover 2 man under, 5-7 yards off. LOVE IT

Hello Cat Fans, NDSU will sufficate the uptempo team of EWU. Time of possession is what NDSU does, sucks the life out of any fast pace team, and physically wears down the other teams defense. Thats why wide open fast pace offenses will never win national title games or bowl games.
Balanced runnning /throwing teams win 80% of the time in any league college or pro's.
NDSU has perfected this. Own the clock, keep the defense fresh and rotate 3 different dlines in and out all the time, Fresh legs play fast....

So it wont make any difference who the Bison play, they are deep in the rb's with 4 active and missing the other top senior RB on tonights game and still put up 300 plus rushing yards....

Watch them on Jan.5th Nat.title game - yes that is nice, A real National Football Playoff Tournament. I wish FBS could get to at least 8 team playoff and not this 4 team, but its better then the old way, everyone saying their #1.... after a 40 bowl games....

Good luck to your team in 2019, us Bison Fans will be watching. Wish we had the wonderful stadium your kids play in!!

Go Bison, Be Herd, Let Coach K Restore the Roar in Manhattan!
NoDak Bisman