My tailgate group is gone

The defending Big XII Champions
wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Re: My tailgate group is gone

Post by wild@nite » December 11th, 2018, 8:32 am

Sth89 wrote:
December 11th, 2018, 7:31 am
5 games max next year. Will lose to KU. Hello Big 12 cellar. Hook em you bums.
:roll:

highplainsdawg
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by highplainsdawg » December 11th, 2018, 9:38 am

catl wrote:
December 10th, 2018, 11:20 pm
Get used to the attendance we had at the last two games this year. People aren't going to pay premium prices for a product they expect to be substandard. Perception matters.
I have to agree about the attendance. I fully expect attendance like the last two games any time it's 25 degrees with 20 mph winds. Otherwise, I expect attendance to be like it was at the beginning of last year. Sure, some spoiled sports will throw temper tantrums and go off and pout but their places will be taken by others who will be curious to see how the new guy will do.

Let's not forget that Klieman was a key part of the coaching staff that out-Snydered Snyder on the night that Bill Snyder's statue was unveiled. There's a good chance that our new coach knows what he is doing.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 11th, 2018, 9:51 am

featurethefullback wrote:
December 10th, 2018, 10:29 pm
After 23 years, my tailgate group just dissolved because of this hire. 23 tickets and 4 parking spots. I hope Gene is happy. I guaranty that we are not alone. I guess that it will be nice to have my Saturdays back in the fall. Just gave myself a pretty big raise. I hate to see it end, but everything does. At least I have the Chiefs.
this is a seriously absurd post. perhaps a troll, i don't know? i'm delighted with this hire.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » December 11th, 2018, 11:03 am

Zoltar wrote:
December 10th, 2018, 11:58 pm
The only people hurt by your not renewing your tickets is you. No more, no less. You will miss the games and your seats and you will never get them back, never. Think about that with your knee jerk reaction.

Here is another honest evaluation. If you have 23 seats and only 4 parking spots you are not much of a donor. VIP? It takes a grand a spot to get Ahearn spots, reserved numbered.

Your donation is always appreciated but don't even start to think you cannot and won't be replaced.

Just the way big time football is moving and we sometimes get priced out.
I have 8 seats and am able to get 2 parking spots. If this poster has 23 seats, they should have a lot more then 4 parking spots with that donation, unless they are going the cheapest of cheap season ticket locations. Unless everyone is driving a 8 seat vehicle, and they have no tailgating stuff, everyone couldn't even be transported to the game with those 4 spots. That donation probably won't be missed much if its only enough to get 4 parking spots.

RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » December 11th, 2018, 11:17 am

While I have no idea how this new hire will work out (nor does anyone else) it seems to me the original poster is indicative of the attitude of so many people today. Negativity and shrill voices abound.

If you want to be a soothsayer think positively. It is an option you know.
"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke

pulitzerdave

Post by pulitzerdave » December 11th, 2018, 12:06 pm

I don't think this guy is a troll. But this is the reaction I would expect from a 5-year-old.

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » December 11th, 2018, 12:07 pm

RichardZ wrote:
December 11th, 2018, 11:17 am
While I have no idea how this new hire will work out (nor does anyone else) it seems to me the original poster is indicative of the attitude of so many people today. Negativity and shrill voices abound.

If you want to be a soothsayer think positively. It is an option you know.
you know, Richard, I'm constantly amazed how often, when I think positively, how positive things happen in my life.
plus, you know, makes the day a little sunnier, a little warmer, the breeze a little softer.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

oscar

Post by oscar » December 11th, 2018, 12:18 pm

I'm certainly not a five year old (or 50 year old, that was long ago) but I will admit this hire may impact my travels to games. I don't think that makes me a bad fan, just a bit skeptical. This may be a great hire, but it certainly smacks of cronyism. Just having trouble believing we could not make a hire of someone with actual power five or even fbs experience. With all the jobs open every season, why was this coach not given a long look by anyone?
All too often people get lumped into being a bad fan or negative Nancy because they do not immediately agree with all moves an athletic department makes. With all the negativity that was thrown the way of Coach Snyder this season and his immediate "retirement" even when he stated it was not on his mind six days earlier, this is not exactly a very friendly fan base towards a legend, it will be interesting to see what happens if this team goes, say 5 and 7 and misses a bowl in 2019.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 11th, 2018, 12:41 pm

oscar, you don't seem like the type who wishes for bad things that would give you the opportunity to say, 'i told you so.' i read so much of that from frank fans at the time. i hope it doesn't carry over to football now that the precedent was set with martin to weber.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

oscar

Post by oscar » December 11th, 2018, 1:01 pm

tmcats wrote:
December 11th, 2018, 12:41 pm
oscar, you don't seem like the type who wishes for bad things that would give you the opportunity to say, 'i told you so.' i read so much of that from frank fans at the time. i hope it doesn't carry over to football now that the precedent was set with martin to weber.
I’m hoping I am dead wrong, I’m not wanting bad for my school. Just a little concerned. For the record, I was on board with Weber, saw him do good work at Illinois. I’m not a basketball guy, but appreciate the way he operates on and off the floor.