Kareem Hunt kicked off team

The defending Big XII Champions
kinsleycat
Has thanked: 0

Kareem Hunt kicked off team

Post by kinsleycat » November 30th, 2018, 10:43 pm

Kareem Hunt was kicked off the Chiefs squad this evening for lying to management about an incident involving a woman at a hotel. TMZ released the video today and the Chiefs say the video proved that Kareem had lied to them during their internal investigation of the incident. He was then summarily kicked off the team.

Ksustephens

Post by Ksustephens » November 30th, 2018, 11:18 pm

They should run these players through social simulations and training. Don’t mix with the public period.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » December 1st, 2018, 12:01 am

Can honestly say, "Good". He got what he deserved.

The NFL.... Meh...

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » December 1st, 2018, 12:49 am

I wanted to see the whole video before passing judgment. Well, saw the video and ya, he deserved to be let go immediately. No place for that kind of behavior. Good riddance.
EMAW

Hungryguy75

Post by Hungryguy75 » December 1st, 2018, 1:04 am

Was not the craziest video I've seen. Maybe missing 3-5 games?

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » December 1st, 2018, 6:45 am

wild@nite wrote:
December 1st, 2018, 12:01 am
Can honestly say, "Good". He got what he deserved.

The NFL.... Meh...
I'll get crucified but I usually watch the Super Bowl for the commercials. Drug and alcohol induced wife/gf beaters. Clean up your game NFL. You millionaire/billionaire owners get billions in federal subsidies to run a monopoly and this is the best you can do?

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » December 1st, 2018, 7:30 am

"In a statement, the team said it was releasing Hunt after finding that he had not been “truthful” during the NFL’s investigation:"

So it's ok to hit and kick a woman if you admit it? And you rushed for over 1300 yds and 8 touchdowns the year before.

NealyFan

Post by NealyFan » December 1st, 2018, 8:42 am

This is an outrage. It isn’t like he did something unforgivable, like kneeling.
“It’s a tremendous challenge. The opportunity exists here today... for the greatest turnaround in college football history. And it’s not one to be taken lightly.” —- Bill Snyder

Fullypersuaded

Post by Fullypersuaded » December 1st, 2018, 8:44 am

Any person who gets accolades for their talents, and is paid well, just might feel entitled. Some are in sports, while others are in politics & hold some of the highest positions in the land. Some have even bragged about the sexual liberty they've taken at various social functions, yet no consequences.

Fans idolize athletes & have no idea how that affects their egos. As a KSU student, with a roommate that had several other college offers, I saw the entitlement first hand. I saw the things that happen after midnight when every body has been drinking. My roommate did not discriminate. He was an international lover.

Rest assured, if you choose to get drunk and choose to go to a Hotel at 2am, with young men you really don't know then you are quite naive not to realize what's on their mind. It's not Netflix. Most of those ladies knew what was about to go down and obliged. It happens all the time on every campus, & nightlife in every city. Not to condone how he reacted, but some of those young ladies had an agenda as well. They had just jumped off of a party bus. Guaranteed, there are players on active rosters who have done far worse. That QB in Pittsburg comes to mind.

Fullypersuaded

Post by Fullypersuaded » December 1st, 2018, 8:56 am

Tbonespop wrote:
December 1st, 2018, 12:49 am
I wanted to see the whole video before passing judgment. Well, saw the video and ya, he deserved to be let go immediately. No place for that kind of behavior. Good riddance.
What occurred & preceded all of this, with audio, would add context as well. He messed up, but you can't tell me those young ladies were forced to even be in that situation. They knew what those guys wanted & some of them were willing. She could have chosen to wait in the lobby. That sounds harsh, but from the video & witness accounts, she had been put out & he was clearly trying to keep her from re-entering a room he paid for. You don't go visit drunk men at 2am in a hotel or campus dorm, unless....you want what they want.