Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: Are you excited about the Chiefs

Post by csteel25 » February 2nd, 2020, 11:56 pm

csteel25 wrote:
October 1st, 2018, 10:33 pm
KITNooga wrote:
July 30th, 2018, 4:24 am

how many years did elway play before he won a superbowl? how many years were broncos fans looking to 'get someone better'? somone who wasn't too old and getting close to being washed up?

Sure hope Mahomes is the second coming of Montana, but suspect he has a very long road ahead of him if he ever gets there.
I would say he looks pretty good already...like Michael Jordan good.

Looks like I was right on this one. Almost makes up for my Ryan Leaf predictions of yore.

KITNooga
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 263 times

Post by KITNooga » February 3rd, 2020, 7:11 am

KITNooga wrote:
July 28th, 2018, 9:08 am
nick57 wrote:
July 28th, 2018, 5:18 am
Haven't cared about the NFL in 30 years.
not that bad. feel they tossed Alex under the bus. might have a talented group, but my guess is that Mahomes, good as he may be, will struggle and the season will suffer at some time.

don't get me wrong: LOVE my Chiefs. Hope they do well. Would be exciting to see them in the superbowl and win it. but what happens will happen.

and frankly, the whole kneeling bit and the extraneous political stuff just sucks from the game. then, too, never having been a fan of show-boating and celebration it just gets a little old and unnecessary.

tough to supplant my Cats.
sometimes it's good to review past comments. and accept that I was, thankfully, wrong.

Niners are an outstanding team. that's a very good defense. and a very good offense.
this morning, I am wondering (expecting?) how many SF fans are adamant that Williams did NOT get into the endzone?

But I don't overlook the chiefs defense: it wasn't just the offense that got it done in the 4th. the defense had to turn 'em over.
amazing as Pat is, he can't do much from the sideline.

csteel25

Post by csteel25 » February 3rd, 2020, 8:12 am

That's what makes it kind of fun. Take a stand and see where things end up.

I thought Ryan Leaf would be way better than Peyton Manning.

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » February 3rd, 2020, 9:27 am

csteel25 wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 8:12 am

I thought Todd Blackledge would take us to the Super Bowl...

:D

and by the way: I wondered about Mahommes and his ability to win 'the big game'. Didn't see it at TTech. and, for Pat, he struggled last night.
thankfully it's a team game. the kid is learning, growing before us.

hoping we can see a relatively injury free career from him

Tbonespop
Has liked: 247 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Tbonespop » February 3rd, 2020, 9:58 am

KITNooga wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 9:27 am
csteel25 wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 8:12 am

and by the way: I wondered about Mahommes and his ability to win 'the big game'. Didn't see it at TTech. and, for Pat, he struggled last night.

Lol, "struggle". He actually proved he is human and not a cyborg sent to the future to change the game of football forever. Yes, he wasn't his usual self, but his bad days are still better than 98% of the NFL QBs average days. 26 of 42 passing, 62% completion rate, with 2 TDs and 2 picks - in the biggest game at the pinnacle of the sport. Kid is a freak. Congrats to him and the Chiefs.

hilltopwildcat
Has liked: 626 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by hilltopwildcat » February 3rd, 2020, 11:16 am

Tbonespop wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 9:58 am
KITNooga wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 9:27 am

Lol, "struggle". He actually proved he is human and not a cyborg sent to the future to change the game of football forever. Yes, he wasn't his usual self, but his bad days are still better than 98% of the NFL QBs average days. 26 of 42 passing, 62% completion rate, with 2 TDs and 2 picks - in the biggest game at the pinnacle of the sport. Kid is a freak. Congrats to him and the Chiefs.
49er's had a lot to do with his performance too. That was quite a defensive show for 3 quarters against that potent offense.

Londoncat
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Londoncat » February 3rd, 2020, 11:39 am

If I was a 49er's fan - I guess I would be wondering if things would have turned out differently had the zebras called the "delay of game" penalty when they were down by just 4 pts - they missed it by almost a full second. Kind of crazy no official caught it since they have like 20 of them on the field for the big game. Weird to think that their fans might be upset about NOT having a penalty assessed against them - but it would have just been a 5 yard penalty and would have giving them time to get a play drawn up. To be honest - their coach should have used a time out there as it didn't look like everyone was on the same page.

tmcats
Has liked: 923 times
Been liked: 664 times

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » February 3rd, 2020, 11:54 am

i thought the game turned on patrick's long chuck to hill on third down.
"There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » February 3rd, 2020, 2:54 pm

Londoncat wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 11:39 am
If I was a 49er's fan - I guess I would be wondering if things would have turned out differently had the zebras called the "delay of game" penalty when they were down by just 4 pts - they missed it by almost a full second. Kind of crazy no official caught it since they have like 20 of them on the field for the big game. Weird to think that their fans might be upset about NOT having a penalty assessed against them - but it would have just been a 5 yard penalty and would have giving them time to get a play drawn up. To be honest - their coach should have used a time out there as it didn't look like everyone was on the same page.
fair point. we could also go back to last year against the Pats and do the woulda-shoulda shuffle.

things happen. choices get made. outcomes ensue.

so glad for how it all played out last night.

and there's a chance that Mahommes could turn out to be a MONSTER QB. what I wonder: will he be transformational to the position and how it's played and more importantly taught?

csteel25

Post by csteel25 » February 3rd, 2020, 7:43 pm

tmcats wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 11:54 am
i thought the game turned on patrick's long chuck to hill on third down.
I agree with this.